Diablo® III

*S&B Barb Q&A Thread*

12/06/2012 06:47 AMPosted by Crypter
I am up to 168K unbuffed DPS from Diablo Progress.....wonder if I can hit over 200K unbuffed DPS and still maintain about 1.5 mil EHP.

That's awesome!!!

12/06/2012 06:58 AMPosted by Crypter
I think what makes for a GREAT HOTA experience with a SnB barb is stack IAS where possible.

So SnB HoTA need to stack both IAS and CC? From your exp, what lvl of IAS and CC is sufficient?
@ßlwøød

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/%C3%9Flw%C3%B8%C3%B8d-1113/Hannibal/11859085

You want your attacks per second to be at about 1.6+ as close to 2 as you can get but above 1.5 for sure.
You want your attacks per second to be at about 1.6+ as close to 2 as you can get but above 1.5 for sure.

Thanks for your advice :>

Just read your post about you got a witching hours... never thought about replacing the IK belt unless further upgrade... ok, why not have a search on AH and bought a bargain :P

Now my IAS is exactly 1.6... but sacrificed quite a lot of AS and vit... need more work for sure
Hi,

I juz starting to change from 2h to SnB. Is there any advice on my setup currently?

Im looking at how can i improve my AR as its like really too low ~_~

with a stormshield, you'll get another 70+ AR. THe easiest other way i can think for you to improve your ar, based on your gearset, is to get some on rings or ammy. The rest of your gear is more difficult to swap out

what i like about the S&B community is we seldom see any arguements, fights etc relating to our builds, instead we help one another and the people who aspires to become better S&B barbs. We may have some competion but it is a friendly competion which motivates us more to become better, so mate im looking forward for your next upgrade move!

Nike, this is a little nice group we have here....and you said it right.

we should create a S/B guild here

all sword and boards are welcome to join. These threads pop up more and more often now and i find that we often repeat the advice over and over...plus after a few days, that thread is lost in a sea of threads. The information contained in one place would be invaluable for beginners to pros alike

------------------------------
WTB 1400 dps rune sword with Str and socket
WTB 250 str Ice climbers with vit and MS

Yeah man, im in! Best thing about us SnBer's is we all get along, unlike a lot of other styles around here lol!!

Baller, i'm trying to see how we can set up a S/B guild without being too elitest lol...something simple. And a central place to keep all S/B knowledge.

12/06/2012 07:07 AMPosted by Nikeboy1984
@Crypter - well done with the upgrades man!

Sigh lol...why must you guys make me spend my gold like this. i've been stockpiling it for when PvP comes, but Crytper now has 20k dps more than me, and some of you guys have crazy ehp numbers, so i have no choice but to bring it to the next lvl.

Actually, i was going to build a godly Witch Doctor because all the good drops i've gotten are int or WD specific, but it may have to wait. I dont have enough dps now.

Nice upgrades Crypt!

So SnB HoTA need to stack both IAS and CC? From your exp, what lvl of IAS and CC is sufficient?

blwood, the simple answer is that you want to stack as much as possible lol...as far as targets to aim for with passives, 50% CC, 400% CD and 27% IAS are good targets. But the more the merrier. The difficult part is to balance tanky ehp specs with those targets.
Edited by powpowboom71#1665 on 12/6/2012 9:47 AM PST
@ Pwntastic & eHong
Those are fantastic deals that you got for the SS =) .. I’ll keep my eyes peal for a snag like those .. just don’t bid against me or else I’ll lose =P

@ Ace .. why you make me cry =’’( … 928K EHP is the best I’ve ever got .. but yeash the SS will probably bump me over 1M?

@ crypter thanks for the HotA tip .. I knew I was doing something wrong = /

@blwood … hmm I didn’t know that we have to stack IAS for Hota as well

@powpow
I love how modest you are = )
How about just naming the title “SnB Barbs”?

*edit @ Pwntastic .. ohh I just upgraded my jewlery to those = / my old ones were worse .. I think I'll upgrade the gems after I get the SS
I'm a poor barb that's why I don't have enough to even up the gems to stars = / lol
slowly but surely though .. slowly .. indeed
Edited by QHTran#1403 on 12/6/2012 10:23 AM PST
To all pro SnB out there.. I've changed some of my gears mainly upgrading my cc to over 30% which is moderate i guess..My cc was only 22% last time.. So I'm saving my golds to buy a similar crit lacuni similar as Baller.. Is 100m just right or overprice? My build is hota/rend. This is my stats according to DP.
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/plaindoe-6114/Nagorak/21342234
Thanks in advance guys. Hope I can get some feedbacks.
Edited by PlainDoe#6114 on 12/6/2012 5:23 PM PST
View profile
@popow - i suggest instead of making a guild which we may get flamed lol, how about a thread entitle "S&B Barb Q&A" Thread? so all we can reduce number of Threads asking for S&B help, instead they'll go all to the Q&A thread and throw their questions
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 12/6/2012 4:17 PM PST
Just tried the HotA build. Works wonderfully in killing elites. I do run out of fury when spamming HotA, so I probably need to increase CC a bit. Maybe switch to Bash instead of Frenzy, although I would hate to do that with my Frenzy belt.
@Celanian yea you want to be using Bash /w Punish for HOTA....I would see if you can get a Bash belt.
To all pro SnB out there.. I've changed some of my gears mainly upgrading my cc to over 30% which is moderate i guess..My cc was only 22% last time.. So I'm saving my golds to buy a similar crit lacuni similar as Baller.. Is 100m just right or overprice? My build is hota/rend. This is my stats according to DP.
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/plaindoe-6114/Nagorak/21342234
Thanks in advance guys. Hope I can get some feedbacks.

Man your barb is looking way sweet now.

If you can get my bracers for 100m I would buy them in a second and not even think about it. But I do feel your bracers are very nice and unless you really want movement speed, I would hold onto them.

I personally feel your next upgrade should be at your helm, I would really like to see some CC in there. You could also try to get some new IK Gloves as well. The 5% AIS is nice, but I think you should try to get some with higher AIS or CD.

Keep it up man.
I dont mean to thread jack jsut got a queston. Im a 2 hand barb. I really want to use a sword and board barb (sheild for more res and vit and crit) i was thinking of a storm sheild with 10 crit chance 200 str and maybe around 100 vit. No idea as to what weapon to use to not lose like half my dps. Also if there is a better sheild feel free to tell me jsut lookin 4 some info thx. Once again sorry 4 thread steal
@ wolf
All SS with crit doesn't hv vit.. Cos they only roll 1 random stats. If u want more vit try to find gears which hv % life in them.. This is only my 2 cents tho.
@ Baller
Thanks man! lol so I can't get the lacuni for 100m.. lol..So i just hold onto my bracers first as what u told me.. Ok I will have a look out for better ik gloves for now .. I would like to hv a balance between cc and aps just like Crypter mention above for hota smash build. So that's the reason basically.. My dream helm is mempo with crit.. But I'm not thinking bout it atm cost is cost a bomb!!
Forgot to mention that Nikeboy hv been a great help on my upgrades :)
Edited by PlainDoe#6114 on 12/6/2012 11:29 PM PST
Since I got lost in the shuffle, what should I be looking for on a good weapon? I feel that this echoing fury I'm using just isn't the right thing for this build.

Also, other than weapon, what should I upgrade next?
I think it'd just be better if the OP change the thread title to "SnB Barb Advice" or something.
This is a nice thread to refer to the top SnB barbs here. I think most of them have posted in here at least once. I use their gear setup as my guide as well to improve.

Anyway

@Gnomes

Imo, if you're quite tight on the budget, I'd keep the weapon for now. I'd def want to replace the gloves asap. Don't look for trifectas. I'd get something with at least (8CC) (60+ AR) (30+CD/ 8% AS) then some STR/VIT. Afaik, these gloves shouldn't cost you too much.

edit: saw your boots just now, you'd want to upgrade that as well.
Edited by impepe#6528 on 12/6/2012 11:05 PM PST
View profile
Since I got lost in the shuffle, what should I be looking for on a good weapon? I feel that this echoing fury I'm using just isn't the right thing for this build.

Before i bought my EF i have borrowed one from a friend, i noticed that EF is not that bad if the Fear proc is lower than 12%, but higher than that its a bit frustrating sometime.

if you looking for a solid main hand look for 1.1k+ DPS, OS 70%+CD, STR/VIT, ATKSPD but it will be expensive

you can also look for something similar like my old MH, this is my first love MH which i really saved a lot for and has been passed to 3 barbs already http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/5280239

I think your weapon is okay for now. I wouldnt save for a new one till your upgrade your helm and boots.

I feel both need atleast 70AR/STR/VIT and your helm needs an open socket and some CC.... no question... its manditory for a good SnB barb.

Keep pluggin and you dont have to fall in love with set or legendary items.... those take time to get, there are a lot of great cheap rares out there these days.
so I am not sure I got a good deal.... I traded my old IK helm (260 str / 60 vit / 6cc ) + 100m for the mempo in my profile now... not sure if i shoulda held out for a 6cc one... but i figured i got enough cc that it wouldn't hurt too much. I like the ias gain from the mempo and I love the way this thing looks.
@popow - i suggest instead of making a guild which we may get flamed lol, how about a thread entitle "S&B Barb Q&A" Thread? so all we can reduce number of Threads asking for S&B help, instead they'll go all to the Q&A thread and throw their questions

I like Impepe's suggestion to rename this thread to something else. This thread has become the S/B Q&A lol

QHTRAN can you please rename this thread to "S&B Barb Q&A Thread". I think this thread has taken a life of its own

Eventually, when it fills up, i will start another Q&A thread

EF is ok...except for that really annoying fear proc. Its like that beautiful girl that you see in the distance and as she walks towards you, she's even hotter...then she opens her mouth and all her teeth are black and rotten.

if you want DPS, you should go with a high dps sword...and make use of that +15% weap bonus

and make sure your next weapon has at least a socket so you can put a green crit gem inside

12/07/2012 07:12 AMPosted by Crypter
so I am not sure I got a good deal.... I traded my old IK helm (260 str / 60 vit / 6cc ) + 100m for the mempo in my profile now... not sure if i shoulda held out for a 6cc one... but i figured i got enough cc that it wouldn't hurt too much. I like the ias gain from the mempo and I love the way this thing looks.

The last thing i need is for you to get more dps so that mempo is perfect! lol

but in all seriousness, the high crit mempos have held their value and are still very expensive. I paid 700 mill for mine a month ago, and i don't think it has come down all that much.

For what you traded and paid, i think you got a good deal.
Edited by powpowboom71#1665 on 12/7/2012 7:33 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]