Diablo® III

Can't create a new game!

I have logged in, selected my character and even checked my various auctions, but all evening, I've been unable to start a game. I click Resume Game and the load screen appears...but never goes away. There's nothing I can do but force quit the game.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Blackstorm,

Does it do this for any character you select? How about when creating a new character?
Reply Quote
Thanks for checking with me. I was able to start a game with a different character. I switched back to primary character, and it took a long time, but a game did finally start.

Is that just a hiccup in the system that switching characters can fix?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Blackstorm,

I have no idea, it's never happened to me. I was just looking for more information before starting to troubleshoot. If it happens again or continues to take a long time to start, I'd try doing what's suggested in this article:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-the-battlenet-cache-folder-pc?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]