Diablo® III

Items disappear during instanced boss fights

This isn't as much of a bug as it is a flaw in the game. This personally happened to me and there's no way for me to recover from it, so I figured I'd make a post about it to see if maybe the game developers will do something about it in the future. Basically as I was trying to complete the Achievement "A Hero's New Clothes" I was taking off my gear as I was finishing off Butcher. I accidentally dropped my Zunimassa boots on the ground, and the Butcher charged me and killed me. There goes my boots :(

I'm hoping that in the future maybe these items may somehow be auto transferred to my inventory if dropped by accident OR if the items may just stay on the ground for pick up later. As it is right now these boss fights are instanced and anything that takes place in there is irretrievable unless the boss dies. I think something should be done about this, as I've Googled the issue and apparently many unfortunate players went through the exact same problem.

One last thing. Give us a shortcut key for unequipping items please so we don't have to drag them into our inventory if we want to get naked :p
Reply Quote
Not to be mean, but you deserve it. No strip shows for bosses while they are alive. They don't like it.
Reply Quote
lol hey butcher let me change my socks real quick.
Reply Quote
They sure can fix stupid design flaws :p Why can't they make it so that items remain on the ground?
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Coil
They sure can fix stupid design flaws :p Why can't they make it so that items remain on the ground?

Why can't you stop dropping gear at inappropriate times?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]