Diablo® III

Legendary drop question.

Got a lacuni prowler with 70 str and 5.5 crit from mp0 azmo 2 weeks ago
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 04:31 PMPosted by MisterAjikko
I was curious as to if bosses actually have a chance to drop legendaries or not. Ive often wondered this, and never really seem to remember anyone mentioning getting a legendary/set item from a boss. So have any of you actually had this happen or know if its possible?

I have Keywardens drop more Legs than Act Bosses... And whenever a Leg drop from one of the Keywardens, the Key doesn't drop... Maybe it's just coincident for me.

Same. I actually had 2 set items drop and no key @ mp7. It was sort of bitter sweet, since I had to do another run to get the key :P
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Hawtcewt2012
I was curious as to if bosses actually have a chance to drop legendaries or not. Ive often wondered this, and never really seem to remember anyone mentioning getting a legendary/set item from a boss. So have any of you actually had this happen or know if its possible?

Has to be possible, it happenned once to me and I don't think it's a bug. What would add a dimension to this game is if each boss has something like the loot tables in D2LoD. Even it is a very small chance, a player can abosultely count on the possiblity of each boss dropping a specific set of lengendary items. It would bring a purpose to finishing off a stack of 5 NV stacks, before you stop playing or start a new stack of 5.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 04:02 PMPosted by BumbleBee
amazing blue guys...on crap usseless topics u guys answer fast...on rly important topics u dont giv a F...u know what i mean

Maybe you should quit playing this game and save us from having to hear you whine! That would be totally awesome!
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Sylak

Maybe you should quit playing this game and save us from having to hear you whine! That would be totally awesome!

Maybe you should quit playing this forum and save us from having to read your whine posts! That would be totally awesome! :)

Nah, the post he quoted was whining off topic too. I get fed up reading stuff like that too.
Reply Quote
I got my shoulders that I'm wearing off of Seigebreaker
Reply Quote
I've had quite a handful of legendary items drop off of bosses (last one was set item Manajuma dagger). Bosses are in my runs because similar to D2's "treasure classes", in D3, bosses drop a more wide variety of loot, all that the same time. Their legendary pool is larger due to it, however you might get lucky when the system selects a 63 or 62 to roll legendary. Keywardens also have a large pool of items that drop, not as much as a boss, but more than a rare/elite.
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 12/4/2012 5:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
never once got a lenendary or set item from a boss none
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 05:49 PMPosted by speedforce
I've had quite a handful of legendary items drop off of bosses (last one was set item Manajuma dagger). Bosses are in my runs because similar to D2's "treasure classes", in D3, bosses drop a more wide variety of loot, all that the same time. Their legendary pool is larger due to it, however you might get lucky when the system selects a 63 or 62 to roll legendary. Keywardens also have a large pool of items that drop, not as much as a boss, but more than a rare/elite.

I'm liking to kill keywardens to finish my cycle of gameplay because they are quicker to finish than bosses. Whether I call it a nite or decide to start over and collect another 5NV. I would be compelled to do "the" act boss if I knew they had a better chance at dropping a better lendary or even better chances to drop much better items in general.

As it is now, the dance with the Butcher, Belial, Azomodan or Diablow is by far "repetitious".
Reply Quote
I have received legendaries from just about everyone, but with 12,500 delete kills, I still have never received a single green item.

I would also like a double beam once too.

PAFisher
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Vaeflare
While I've not been lucky enough to experience it firsthand, Diablo III bosses do indeed have a chance to drop Legendaries and Set items. :)

then maybe the way drops work should be changed...you think?
Reply Quote
blizzard, please fix diablo's drops. mp10 diablo is so fun, but its not rewarding.
Reply Quote
i got a sweet mempo on azmodan
Reply Quote
Anyone else had a double leg from any keywarden not including the key itself?
Reply Quote
The reason you've never heard anyone mention it is because, well, why would you kill a boss? They normally take quite a while (partially due to cinis) and don't seem to have any better drop rate than an elite.

And key warden legs? Yes, I got a key and a wondrous deflector PLAN at the same time. Not gonna lie, pretty sure key wardens have better drop rate than anything in the game, except perhaps diablo. (When I say drop rate I mean number of things dropped, not the likelyhood that any one of them will be a leg.)
Edited by Guybrush#1585 on 12/4/2012 7:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 06:56 PMPosted by BobtheB1019
Anyone else had a double leg from any keywarden not including the key itself?

yes i got a skorn gib and key from act 1 warden once last week .
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]