Diablo® III

Legendary drop question.

Are you guys considering increasing the chance of legedary/set drops from Uber bosses? Also any other bosses? It would make it worth while again, I don't remember the last time I actualy killed a boss while farming, minus Uber runs.
Reply Quote
Got a leg from ghom, a normal chest, resplendent chest, and a goblin. Yet to experience from crates or corpse
Reply Quote
I've found a Unity ring off of the Butcher and a Dawn off of Azmodan. I've got a Wailing Host ring off of the Key Warden in act 2. Got a legendary off of Uber Ghom but can't remember what it was.(probably not significant enough to mention anyways)
Edited by Jinx#1472 on 12/4/2012 9:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
Got an ilvl60 wand, a brimstone material sever, and an organ against kulle/SB fight.

Heard the triple leg sound and was like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ... ohhhhhhhhhhhhh :(

EDIT: Also got a useless legendary amulet off of Azmodan once, and some decent low rolled IK boots (with physical res as random stat) on azmodan as well.
Edited by Stampy#1895 on 12/4/2012 9:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
Spider chick gave me a pretty nice pair of Nat's boots last night. I think I may have gotten 2 legs from keywardens. Kind of disappointed because I thought they were keys. ;)
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Vaeflare
While I've not been lucky enough to experience it firsthand, Diablo III bosses do indeed have a chance to drop Legendaries and Set items. :)

Lol this just made me laughed. I mean really? that should have been implemented along time ago. They are big figureheads of the game or part of the main quest and they don't drop legendaries or sets back then and just now? haha that's just funny. and I guess the big bad RNG will keep getting us loots again. They should give a higher chance to drop legendaries or set ihmo.
Reply Quote
All i run is A3 lately and always kill Cyd / Azz and while Cyd hasn't given me much luck Azz has dropped multiple legs including a ls Skorn! No sets yet though.
Reply Quote
The only set piece I've ever gotten was Inna's pants from Inferno Butcher, probably about 2 weeks after release.
Reply Quote
I get legs fairly regularly from Azmo, usually 1 in about 20-30 runs. I've also gotten legs from wardens/ubers.
Reply Quote
Personally, I think bosses should have their own loot tables, and each should drop a certain set piece or legendary, and they be the only mob that drops said specific item.
Reply Quote
I've got a 14XX dps Skorn from Sigebreaker. Its the best legendary I've found so far.
Reply Quote
ofc they can drop but let me put it this way:
a boss ( aka azmodan, diablo,...) might have a 5% drop chanse on leg (only a example not real numbers here).

a stupid easy kill mob might have a 2% drop chanse on leg.

now for example you kill a boss in 1-2 min after those two min you get 5% chanse to have a leg.

take the same time and kill lot of trash, wel you might be more lucky on 2 min killing trash than two min killing a boss
Reply Quote
I've got a leg from Cydia once and several legendaries from Keywardens aswell as überbosses...

Once i got double leg drop from first random mob in Act2, no NV... that was EPIC!
Reply Quote
Got few from azmodan, and 1 from belial.

Got tons of keywardens too.
Either I've been very lucky with keywardens, or they have much higher legendary drop rates.
Reply Quote
Got tal rasha's orb from cydea and legendary helm from azmodan however it was ages ago. That's it for me as far as legendary/set drops from bosses are concerned. If you are doing alkazier runs it can be worth to do Azmodan with 5 nv if u change the route a little bit and u can kill him fast.

12/04/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Vaeflare
While I've not been lucky enough to experience it firsthand, Diablo III bosses do indeed have a chance to drop Legendaries and Set items. :)

That answers many questions. Mods and CMs are so bored with d3 that they barely play the game at all. They have PL lvl 20 or so characters and they dont understand whats wrong with d3 and how RNG is destroying the game especially if one is PL 100 and gets crap loot for 2 weeks or so.
Reply Quote
playing just last night azmo dropped IK gloves for me, everyone talking about drop rate decrease i used to find nothing but blues and a 1 off gold, ive found 1 leg and 3 set items in the last 3 days
Reply Quote
I got my current quiver from Azmodan. A couple weeks ago, the A3 Key Warden dropped 2 legs for me at once, both junk, a Wizardspike and an Ageless Might.
Edited by Circe#1872 on 12/5/2012 2:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
most of my leg drop have been from white mobs. and out of the 3 set items ive found 2 have dropped from white mobs in moon? clan cave in fields of misery "pre 1.0.4", had 1 leg plan drop from a dead villager "pre1.0.4" and 1 leg drop from a goblin a few weeks ago. never anything above a yellow from a boss though :( ;)
Edited by DragonFang#6277 on 12/5/2012 2:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
i got a one hand crossbow form the act1 keywarden once...of course it was crap...as is tradition
Reply Quote
Was wondering the same thing, I've gotten legendaries from pretty much everything except for a boss.

Resp chest
Dead guard
Weapon rack
white mob
elite mob
event mob
normal chest
pretty sure i got one from a pot just before SK but it might have been a skele
Goblins (actually I've gotten 2 from the same goblin once)
keywarden
ubers

Never from a boss.
Edited by ZanZa#1847 on 12/5/2012 2:21 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]