Diablo® III

Legendary drop question.

why the purple mobs dont drop the same items quality as elite???
Reply Quote
Bosses really need a buff, they're too easy right now.
Reply Quote
While I've not been lucky enough to experience it firsthand, Diablo III bosses do indeed have a chance to drop Legendaries and Set items. :)

The same chance a white mob has i guess

No, bosses usually drop more, even more rares, and even more than "champions" - the monsters with a blue or golden name. So the chance of a legendary is actually higher on bosses than on whitemobs and than on bluemobs, you just meet them less often, so there are not so many news about legs from bosses.
So it's definetly worth it to finish the run off with a boss. Have fun

12/05/2012 02:41 AMPosted by jokoon
Bosses really need a buff, they're too easy right now.

@jokoon that was always intended, no super hard endbosses that restrict you from more content. Just random difficulty to make the game more diversified and exciting. So the hardest enemies are actually supposed to be found in the nature and open or deep area's of diablo3 Good luck & Have fun finding those hard mobs :) You can also skip them, if they are too hard.
D3 is a hack'n slay and while the bosses still have unique and sometimes even step by step mechanics most of the fun is programmed into the way (to the boss).

12/05/2012 02:30 AMPosted by shokomann
why the purple mobs dont drop the same items quality as elite???

These are called unique monsters, you can defeat for certain achievements, beacuse they are easy to beat and somewhere in the nature mostly alone without any difficulties (like a closed door behind you) they have no garuanteed rares (with 5nv).
Edited by ffFiend#2900 on 12/5/2012 3:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
87 Human Priest
I don't know what you're all complaining about. I've NEVER got some epic drop, let alone even a decent one. All my gear i've had to literally shell out my gold to get. x.X

It's annoying seeing all these legendaries, sets, and even rare modded items i dream about getting only on the AH.

So those people who have looted some nice things, be grateful. People like me never see them no matter how many hours we play.

It's only wasted hours if you no longer enjoy the game. If you don't enjoy, don't associate in any with with the game. ^^
Reply Quote

@jokoon that was always intended, no super hard endbosses that restrict you from more content. Just random difficulty to make the game more diversified and exciting. So the hardest enemies are actually supposed to be found in the nature and open or deep area's of diablo3 Good luck & Have fun finding those hard mobs :) You can also skip them, if they are too hard.
D3 is a hack'n slay and while the bosses still have unique and sometimes even step by step mechanics most of the fun is programmed into the way (to the boss).

The argument about endbosses restricting content went out the window with the introduction of MP. If MP5 Azmo is too difficult you 'skip' him by dropping back to MP3 Azmo...

MP10 Azmo should be insanely more difficult than say MP5, and currently it's not, it's just insanely more BORING because all they did was give Azmo a metric !@#$ ton of HP's.

Blizzard should not have nerfed damage based on MP right after the introduction of MP... A nerf hammer isn't always the best tool for balancing the game...
Reply Quote
I have received legendaries from Amzodan, Cydea, Ubers (forget which pair specifically. I think it was Ghom/Rakanoth) as well as a treasure goblin once.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Vaeflare
While I've not been lucky enough to experience it firsthand, Diablo III bosses do indeed have a chance to drop Legendaries and Set items. :)

ActiBlizz failed on Act Bosses drop as hard as they did with Goblin drop rates.
Reply Quote
Azmodan, Cydea and Key warden have all dropped Legendary, and the butcher did some time ago as well. :)
Reply Quote
I thought this as well cause I never got a legato drop in d2 but after 1.04 I've got three of bosses one of skeleton king don't remember what it was, a stone of Jordan for my class of azmodan and another forgotten one from butcher but since 1.05 got a lot off key wardens all crap got 130 brimstones
Reply Quote
I have got legendaries from Bosses, including but not limited to the Key wardens.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 04:03 PMPosted by SanLeon

The same chance a white mob has i guess

exactly so why bother hunting the bosses. Might as well 1 hit the white mobs...
Blizz, you see the point here. Bosses = no rewards compared to white so why bother.!
Reply Quote
ya ive got legendarys from bosses and keywardens, got a manticore from azmodon, hand int and corpse spider damage tho... lol
Reply Quote
My best set drop so far (Immortal King's boots) came from Azmodan, while finishing Act 3 for the first time...
Long ago, i've got some legendary pants from Nightmare Diablo (my first leg in the game).
Both times I was in a group and, probably, was the one with lower mf equipment...
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Indeed I got one. In 1.02, who knows what hidden changes happend since then? The community found a lot, not mentioned in the every-time-actual patchnotes (and it's not about drops), so Blizz can't show us a proof of the opposite. Not like their word can be trusted, that changed a while ago.
Reply Quote
I've been doing siege to azmodan runs and they drop more lvl 63 items, the bosses that is.
Edited by Mountains#1924 on 12/5/2012 9:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
I've gotten a couple legendaries and 1 set item to drop from the Wardens. Never from a "boss" tho.
Reply Quote
My first echoing fury ever I got from Diablo himself. Also, one time I was doing ubers on mp8 and as magda died I thought I had the spine...but was dissapointed to find out it was just another IK belt :P
Reply Quote
one time I got a legendary from a trash monster with only 2 stacks of NV on MP3, and I'm only at 2K e kills. I'm pretty sure you can get a leg from anywhere.
Edited by november1093#1906 on 12/5/2012 9:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
cydae dropped me a legendary AND a set item in one run :)
Reply Quote
one thing is certain. even if this is the LIVE server we are playing, it feels that we are still in the Test server since we are ALL test pilots for the game. way to fail blizz good one on that one.
Edited by Satsugai#1808 on 12/5/2012 9:34 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]