Diablo® III

Legendary drop question.

Got a 1590 dps IK maul from SiegeBreaker. Currently worth about 1.2m.
Reply Quote
View profile
I've gotten 3 legs off azmo all on mp5+. First was a fairly nice U. Serpent (not really valuable so saving for my WD instead of selling). I think the other 2 were Schaffer's Hammers aka brimstone.

As for the goblins, and I sh*t you not, my DH's Litany of the Undaunted came from a goblin's pre-death trail of gold/items. I remember thinking, that goblin just dropped a beam of light with the word "ring" in green under it and I haven't even killed him yet, what did I just smoke, am I dreaming?!?!
Reply Quote
I got a Cindercoat from Belail once.
Reply Quote
I've gotten about five or six legendaries off of bosses.

Only one of them, however, was valuable. I believe it was a Unity ring. Sold for about 3m.
Edited by Emberstone#1422 on 12/5/2012 12:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've gotten more legendary drops from the wardens than anything. It's a good feeling too since I have enough keys to get something different...
Reply Quote
After 3 hours of 5stack azmodan farming, I only got 2 legendary drop out of him, 6 from other sources tho, almost 3 legendaries/hour rate xD
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 09:37 AMPosted by ChangBooster
As for the goblins, and I sh*t you not, my DH's Litany of the Undaunted came from a goblin's pre-death trail of gold/items. I remember thinking, that goblin just dropped a beam of light with the word "ring" in green under it and I haven't even killed him yet, what did I just smoke, am I dreaming?!?!

yeah its worth beating on a gob a few more times even if you know hes gonna get away.
Reply Quote
Azmodan dropped me a firewalkers.
Reply Quote
An aside, I thought that uniques were supposed to grant stacks and drop guaranteed rare @ 5stacks, but they don't. A resplendent chest will do both of these, but a unique monster won't :/
Reply Quote
I've got an IK chest from SiegeBreaker once and it was one of the best at that time. That's one of memorable moments that I will cherish from Diablo 3!
Reply Quote
I got firewalkers off of Ghom, and it was actually useful. pure luck
Reply Quote
I got a Leorics crown my first play through on normal off of azmodan
Reply Quote
Got 1 legendary 2 hand sword from Ghom. The rest comes usually from chests.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Vaeflare
While I've not been lucky enough to experience it firsthand, Diablo III bosses do indeed have a chance to drop Legendaries and Set items. :)

is the chance the same for a trash white mob?
Reply Quote
The other day Azmodan dropped a nice dead man's and a promise of glory in the SAME DROP. He's also given me Hammer Jammers twice on nightmare.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Vaeflare
While I've not been lucky enough to experience it firsthand, Diablo III bosses do indeed have a chance to drop Legendaries and Set items. :)

Wouldn't you agree the % drop for Legendaries/set items and experience should be increased for a boss fight due to the time (a) it takes to fight them, (b) the difficulty increase of a boss c) the feeling of accomplishment of defeating a boss?

As it stands now, it's not very effeciant to fight bosses. Why would I fight a boss if I can find 3-4 groups of Elites in the time it takes to fight a boss? I have a better chance of finding a Legend/set item fighting elites. Which seems backwards to me. Wouldn't you agree? Like a 10% increase?

I wanted to fight a boss but my friend wanted more elites instead. Boss fights, at the moment are skippable. Why should I fight Diablo? The game is named after him, right? Maybe you don't want people farming bosses.... What if they had to do the act from start to finish and then they had a 15% chance of an orange and a 3% of a green? (just guessing w/ %).

What are your thoughts on this Vaeflare?
Reply Quote
Boss should have a exclusive legendaries that only they can drop, that way people won't try skip every boss encounter. I don't care if the drop rate is %0.001 if you make this happen blizzard, please make it happen maibe account bound?
Reply Quote
yes a chance but in diablo 2 you got like 3-5 unique items and set items everytime you killed baal or diablo or any boss in this game it does not just make sence
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]