Diablo® III

Holding The Force Stand Still hotkey

While holding the force stand still hotkey, I've noticed that my mouse pointer starts to lag a lot.
The mouse pointer will show ghost images of where it was and where I'm trying to show it.

I have a video of the problem that I just recorded : It doesn't show the ghost image, but you can definitely tell that the mouse pointer isn't moving as smoothly as it should.

http://youtu.be/nXEW_3oGM7k

In the video, I move the mouse pointer at the SAME speed throughout the entire video. First without holding Force Stand, then while holding, then without.

My computer definitely meets the minimum and even maximum requirements for this game, so this isn't an issue. Holding the same hotkey Outside of D3 will not produce the same results, it is within D3 only.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Magides,

It's a little hard to get the feel for what you're experiencing based on the video, but I can't get mine to do what you're describing at all and I've never seen anyone else complaining about anything like this before.

I'd try another mouse, make sure no background apps are running while playing, uninstall any mouse software if you have any installed, maybe even try another keyboard.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I am having a similar problem. it seems like the pointer is getting snagged when ever i scroll over the ui or anything other then terrain really while clicking. Nothing has changed on my pc. wasnt doing this last night.
Reply Quote
Having this same problem.
Changed from my logitech G300 mouse to two different ones.
All have the same problem.
It only happens while holding force stand and try moving the mouse.
its something to do with the DPI.
if you turn the DPI way down the mouse pointer will not lag, but is way to slow to play on..
please find a solution Blizzard.

Blizzard Rules !

Thanks -JB
Reply Quote
I am having the same problem. Is there a solution yet?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]