Diablo® III

Do anyone stack DEX?

After change some gears (Boot and chest armor) .My dex are nearly to 600 and it work great in dodge thing.21% of dodge chance is very useful compare to the old gear which full of str and armor.

Check in www.d3rawr.com in term of my ehp.1 dex gain 217 ehp while str and armor is 97 ehp.
1 all resist gain 639 ehp but more expensive than 3 dex in WD gear.

Hope that next patch Blizz will make dodge avoid reflect damage like before.
Reply Quote
I don't stack DEX that high but I prefer having 500 to have 20% dodge chance.

Let's just say if the piece has DEX or STR, I pick DEX.

Sometimes I would even change search a bit with high INT and mid VIT and DEX than just high INT/VIT.

I use Fortitude to reduce damage so I think dodge helps me more. I just wish there were more synergy with Dodge. Pets do get your Dodge chance. :P
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 11/24/2012 2:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
I prefer stacking armor and combine it with Horrify's frightening aspect for a 50% armor boost.

I don't see the purpose in stacking dex as it is useless against DoT effects like desecrate, which are among the most deadly affixes to encounter. As a bear user, I'm always up-close so I need to be able to mitigate all types of dmg including DoTs.
Reply Quote
I prefer stacking armor and combine it with Horrify's frightening aspect for a 50% armor boost.

I don't see the purpose in stacking dex as it is useless against DoT effects like desecrate, which are among the most deadly affixes to encounter. As a bear user, I'm always up-close so I need to be able to mitigate all types of dmg including DoTs.

... as a bear user, you should 100% DEFINITELY be actively seeking ways to increase your dodge.

You are CONSTANTLY taking Melee / Ranged damage... and trust me, the difference between 5% dodge and 20% dodge is HUGE.

I know the math isn't right on this... but think about it as a free 15% damage reduction. It's basically taking the Jungle Fortitude passive without using a passive slot.

Dex is the most underrated stat in the game for non-dex-primary classes, PERIOD. I even have a full on tank WD set with 100k dps that has almost 2mill eHP for when PvP rolls around. Not sure even if it will be useful but WHY NOT when I can stand on arcane beams and not even flinch.

For wizards, it's a lot easier to stack dex then a WD (IMO)... the reason being is that the #1 sources of dex are boots + gloves. Wizards aren't necessarily AS bound to using Zuni boots as WD are... so getting like 150-200 dex on sick rare boots is pretty easy for a wiz. For a WD however, it's just not viable.

I'd say if I were you, find a pair of amazing Dex/Int gloves with big cc/cd and you'll fall in love. My tank set has a pair of gloves with:

244 dex
175 int
7.5 crit
43 crit damage
(and some random stats)

and they boost my eHP by wayyyy more then if I'd gotten something similar with like 80 vita instead of the dex.

TLDR:

Yes, people stack DEX... and it's amazing.
Edited by PR4Y#1891 on 11/24/2012 5:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ever since reflect damage can't be dodged, I pick strength over dex if all other stats are equal. Strength gives armor.
Reply Quote
Yes, I stack dex. Trying to have 500 dex and str while still doing damage.
Reply Quote
I stack dex too. Have 1051 dex for now will decrease under 1000 soon when I can change my gear for more DPSand HP I just need around 30% dodge chance it help my massive life regen work alot better.
Reply Quote
11/24/2012 05:04 PMPosted by PR4Y
and they boost my eHP by wayyyy more then if I'd gotten something similar with like 80 vita instead of the dex.

You're forgetting that if you stack lots of %life, then vita shines even more. WDs dont have any means to boost their dodge chance aside from external multiplayer buffs.

I go for vita and armor as I have the means to amplify those attributes MYSELF through %life items and Frightening Aspect respectively.

Dex is obviously useful, but it is not a priority for my WD.
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm a big fan of pushing damage reduction over pushing the size of the life pool, but stacking Dex is a bad idea. Reflect is what kills you, and you can't dodge it.

You get about the same amount of EHP from a point of STR as a point of DEX under Frightening Aspect, which you're likely to pull out in situations (eg: ubers) where you need the EHP.

Those disadvantages are why Dex is a wasted affix once you reach the higher MPs.
Reply Quote
I like dex. 100% chance to mitigate damage even a small % of the time is good thing, but I don't go over the top looking for it. Right now I'm pretty low but in other gear combos I happened to have by chance up to 25%. I take a lot more damage now then I used to, but i'm also setup to do so now. If I could get another 5% I would be fairly happy.
Reply Quote
I do, 27% dodge right now I think, huge Diff. I chanage gear alot but I always have Dex.

Vitality is what ppl stack, I take Dex.
Reply Quote
I think every WD should have a minimum of 20% dodge (500 dex) I've noticed that I dodge attacks way more than my measly 235 dex from before.
Reply Quote
11/24/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Jibikao
Let's just say if the piece has DEX or STR, I pick DEX.

^That
Reply Quote
I am not for stacking DEX as high as it can but I think 500 DEX for 20% Dodge chance is VERY beneficial. Things that could kill me in one hit gives me another chance.

I find Dodge especially useful against Mortar affix. I see plenty of dodges.

As for Frightening Aspect, don't think I'll ever use it. I know it's good but it's just not my style. I am already taking Fortitude to reduce damage. Dodge benefits even more by not taking any damage from that hit.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 11/29/2012 10:09 AM PST
Reply Quote

You get about the same amount of EHP from a point of STR as a point of DEX under Frightening Aspect, which you're likely to pull out in situations (eg: ubers) where you need the EHP.

Those disadvantages are why Dex is a wasted affix once you reach the higher MPs.

If you mention Ubers, I have dodged mage's fireball many times (when I get stuck in that slow bubble) and the teleport attacks from the Ghom uber and Skeleton King.

I think keeping 20% Dodge chance is very beneficial.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 11/29/2012 10:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
I do not stack dex, but I don't have anything against other wds that do.

Maybe it's just my gear but, at lower MP survivability is never an issue and at higher MP dodge won't help me with Reflect damage (RD). Personally I don't like relying on the dodge mechanic for survivability as a WD.

But when PVP do come out, I wouldn't mind having that extra dodge to piss others off :]
Reply Quote
Stacking dex is not need although I have seen some dodge WD's like in this post.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6933833979

Like what others have said though, I love my 500 Dex. Dodging 1/5 times is essential to our survival in my opinion. I always make sure that when I upgrade items, I don't dip below 500 Dex.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]