Diablo® III

Road to 200k

After a lot of money and changes, i am finally at 173k dps with SA and scoundrel. right now im working on getting the nat armor with some vit so i can switch those two gems on my pants for dex gems.

so, if you guys can please indicate some pointers for my next steps towards reaching 200k dps.

i know that i will get a huge boost from manticores but i really like the kb in solo play and i will consider investing in one purely for group play. other than that, what should i work on?

thank you~
Reply Quote
How about crit chance on your helm?
Reply Quote
ehhhh, thats like 100m >.< unless i use something other than a mempo, tho having that 4% on mempo would lead to a 7k dps increase. but any cheaper suggestions?
Reply Quote
I'd suggest a nat's reflection to get the 3rd piece or a lacunis bracer but that's also not a cheap upgrade. Unfortunately, at that high dps, upgrades will cost way lot more to squeeze that couple 4-9k dps boosts. Good luck.
Reply Quote
@ring i would be very happy if i had your bracers lol :(
though the ring is a good suggestion any thing else?
Reply Quote
Swap the windforce for a manticore?
Reply Quote
More dex on your vile ward, strongarms, and dead mans (also higher AS). You can use mine as reference. I paid 25m quiver, hmmm.. maybe 20m strongarms, my vile ward was more like 60m but you can find one with less life% or vitality for more like 40m. You should be able to pickup a good 200 dex on those three pieces along with a bit of AS/CC on your quiver. That should net you ~20k dps.
Reply Quote
After a lot of money and changes, i am finally at 173k dps with SA and scoundrel. right now im working on getting the nat armor with some vit so i can switch those two gems on my pants for dex gems.

so, if you guys can please indicate some pointers for my next steps towards reaching 200k dps.

i know that i will get a huge boost from manticores but i really like the kb in solo play and i will consider investing in one purely for group play. other than that, what should i work on?

thank you~

Looks like you are in same boat I was in about a month ago.... I have been tweaking over the last month, and I'm sitting at over 270k with WF now. I don't know what your budget is, but look for Amulets and Rings with High Average Damage + CC + CD. You can replace the CC with ASI. Average Damage is underrated. Check my gear for ideas.
Reply Quote
How did you people get such good gear on such low paragon levels? Did you play the auction house and resell and the items or did you use the RMAH? How?
Reply Quote
Witching hour. Easy 8-9k dps increase. Unfortunately, you will lose some dex from the bonus lost, but that can be remedied by getting a new nats embrace and perhaps a new amulet.
Reply Quote
You won't gain dps by going to a WH because you'll lose your Inna's set bonus. Trust me, I bought one because the game said it was a 6-7k increase and it turned out to be a 1k decrease equipeed because of the set bonus loss, game doesn't calculate it. It was a decent WH too, ~80dex, 9AS, 40+ CD.
Reply Quote
You have to account for the dex loss and rebalance on other pieces of gear, which is why I suggested picking up more dex from a couple other pieces. Or perhaps op should buy those other pieces first then go for a Witching Hour.
Reply Quote
@icecreamcake i know thats an obvious option, but im really loving that knockback bonus

@merlin its hard to get more dex on quiver and strongarm, for strong arm due to my need for All resist the highest dex on AH is 169 with AR. as for quiver its similar, for one with max disp 200 is the max. as for the vile ward, that is a great suggestion i can work on

@radelon my gold count is low at the moment, but 200k is a goal to work towards, so im looking to get there slowly. i will definitely keep your gear in mind because it is a very interesting idea to not use the nat set at all

@svaahl i will have to say that gold is hard to come by, but i make the most of it (always bid never buy out) and flip when the lucky chance comes by (as in someone forgetting 1-2 0s in their buy out price lol)

@rabidchimp i always want to work in witching hour, but im not the type to just go for a cheap one just because it is a WH, i would eventually like to switch to one without losing too much eHP

i am really loving all these suggestions, please keep them coming
Edited by Deathree#1627 on 11/30/2012 6:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/26/2012 01:40 PMPosted by Merlin
You won't gain dps by going to a WH because you'll lose your Inna's set bonus. Trust me, I bought one because the game said it was a 6-7k increase and it turned out to be a 1k decrease equipeed because of the set bonus loss, game doesn't calculate it. It was a decent WH too, ~80dex, 9AS, 40+ CD.

I agree. The inna's set and WH pretty much cancels out each other. I went with the WH for the attack speed. Stay with the inna's for added CC.
Reply Quote
Ah, sorry, didn't notice you had disc on your quiver and AR on your bracers, that would limit how you can upgrade them since those stats are really expensive on both those items.

You can gain a lot of vitality on your pants also by the way.... doesn't help your dps but improves your eHP. Just something to keep in mind.

To the one poster who asked about great gear with low paragon levels. It is obvious some people spend real life money on gear. Honestly, I've spent a bit. I bought my legacy nats ring and I recently bought a manticore, but by far the majority of my gear has come from farming and good drops and flipping items and I actually sold one item on the RMAH which funded two WoW expansions so overall I'm not much in the hole.

Also, I recently flipped two DML quivers while I was searching for a new one. I saw one someone had up for 20M with 250+ dex, 200 vit, 20% AS, 10%CC which I flipped for 40M (same day sale), and another that was up for 10M which was I sold same day for 20M. You have to be careful though... I have lost money thinking I could flip items. Keep in mind that the items I flipped sold same day so I was still reselling them at a good deal.... People sometimes just don't know the real value and don't take the time to research.
Reply Quote
11/26/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Ring

I agree. The inna's set and WH pretty much cancels out each other. I went with the WH for the attack speed. Stay with the inna's for added CC.

Yeah, they do pretty much cancel each other out because of the set bonus. However, you might be better off in the long run with a WH because you can go rare/dd pants and lacunis. The bonus to WH is if you like the AS more than the dex which some people do. I prefer a bit slower speed and higher damage hits as long as AS isn't below ~1.5 aps.
Reply Quote
@ring yea i feel as a crossbow user atk speed is much more important than a bow user

@merlin i just recently switched from DD + lacunis to innas and strongarm, im definitely loving the innas + strongarm more, but maybe i should try dd + lacunis and WH before i sell them
Edited by Deathree#1627 on 11/26/2012 2:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Average damage on jewels
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]