Diablo® III

Not moving after force stand still

For this discussion, I will use SHIFT (the default keybind) to refer to Force stand still.

Sometimes, the character movement doesn't resume after using SHIFT.

I figured out when this issue actually happens since it is not 100% of the time, but there are reproducible scenarios.

- Working OK
Say you keep and hold left-click (action 1) to move around (default key for movement) and then also hit (action 2, simultaneous) and release SHIFT, the character stops moving, perform 1 default attack and resume moving. If you had hold SHIFT for some time, the character would keep attacking until you release SHIFT and then resume moving. Most Diablo players knows this :) and using that 2nd action simultaneously is effective since as soon as you release SHIFT, the character moves again and can get out of trouble fast!

- Broken
If you complexify the above scenario a little bit by using another ability simultaneously, then the resume moving doesn't work. Say, I start by holding left click and keep it pressed the entire time (character moves around now), then also press and hold SHIFT (character now attacks, default attack), then also press another ability and release it (either right-click or any ability located under 1234 by default) character performs a special attack and return to default attack. Finally, I release SHIFT and the character stops attacking --> but doesn't start moving <-- Of course I was still holding left-click as mentionned above.
Edited by Yiriba#1816 on 11/30/2012 11:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
no one else annoyed?
Reply Quote
Is it only my computer?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]