Diablo® III

Are there any women here that play the game?

12/01/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Jenilyn
It doesn't surprise me though as in this same thread people can't comprehend that women play video games.

This ... as well as the fact that many here are apparently so narrow and limited in functional thought as to believe we can't actually be *good* at them! Really? Lol.

There are a small number of men in this thread, however, that defy the general consensus. Thank you.
Reply Quote
I mean really. Women in history have run entire countries and people can't comprehend that we can play a video game? You almost would think we were in the dark ages lol. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, some of these naive gamers need to get some nerve, get out of their basement, show up at an internet cafe and actually witness for themselves what kind of players log onto games. They need to wake up and get out of their time warp lol.
Reply Quote
@Jenilyn
You are right, but its even more tragic for me than some living in shells, we ARE living in the darkest of ages, we have all the means to enlighten ourselves and broaden whatever limits we have imposed or chosen, and really thrive like human beings, the age old war between ourselves continues and takes shapes never seen before, younger generations grow up with more tools for thought and are even more limited in their conceptions.

some make their minds up at 14 and keep that way all through their "adult" lives, we are mistaken, aging does not equal maturity in this day and age, unless you are a cheese and live in a darkened cellar.

Its not a matter of men vs women, or black versus red, its a matter of we as a species being divided, blind and deaf, this forum is a microcosm, as is above so below, the fractal nature of perceived reality reiterates in every little thing we do, our culture is rotten, and most of humanity as well...

So, that is why I´d rather bash demons and skeletons instead of other activities with my fellow humans....

:)
Reply Quote
Personally I just ignore such attitude from people, however it does concern me when there may be impressionable young girls on this forum and when we live in a day in age of cyber bullying and teen suicide as a result, any such critisms could be taken to heart and could really effect their self esteem. People may think - it's just a game, however to the young teenager the world is much different in their eyes, words are much more powerful. I'm just wondering how these narrow minded people would feel if a young girl were to take her life because she felt she wasn't good enough to play video games, or she felt she didn't fit in, or someone called her fat, or ugly because that is the only way she could be a female playing a video game. It's the reality that we live in and cyber bullying is happening everyday. People need to be more aware and more accountable for what they say as it impacts people in the deepest of levels. If I made just one person stop and decide not to post because it may potentially cause harm, then it was worth the words I have written.
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Jenilyn
People need to be more aware and more accountable for what they say as it impacts people in the deepest of levels.

that's the thing!
this anonymity erodes human contact and human communication, If only we could be more aware, if only we could actually put real meanings into our words, we wouldn't have wars or sadness or loneliness.

I at least celebrate and immensely enjoy that even on some level some of us can have fun and enjoy ourselves without labels and social affixes, isn't that what gaming should be about?
we should be making friends, broadening our horizons gibbing demons, finding kewl loot.

Its good to know that even amongst the ruins some still hold on to dignity, respect and overall a positive attitude than what appears to be the opposite norm.

cheers!
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 12:11 PMPosted by numenorean
The retard is obviously you. When you ask someone "from" where he is, it's about his country of origin. You failed, admit it.

Looks like someone here has serious case of superiority complex and he doesn't even deserve to be superior.

Learn the english grammar you idiot. Here's what I said, UNEDITED:

First post: "I have a french girl friend from Belgium"

Indicating THAT A GIRL IS FRENCH WHICH IS CURRENTLY RESIDING IN BELGIUM.

YOU SAID (here's what you said, here's what you said... read carefully... are you reading? Do you need contacts or glasses on? Go get it, NOW, read carefully okay? Are you ready? Are you ready? Here it is:)

"Belgium and France are 2 different countries bro"

Now, you're implying, that *I* said, People in Belgium, ARE FRENCH.

But what I said was:
"I have a french girl friend from Belgium"

WHICH IS NOT WHAT I MEANT!

This means: THAT A GIRL IS FRENCH WHICH IS CURRENTLY RESIDING IN BELGIUM.

The !@#$? Do you want me to interview an English Professor with a PhD in English language and a video of him on youTube to tell you that you're wrong? Seriously? What the %^-* are you trolling about retard? (I am serious about a YouTube video). Do you want a poll asking people that they understand this as "THAT A GIRL IS FRENCH WHICH IS CURRENTLY RESIDING IN BELGIUM"??

Drop your superiority complex man, you're not a god. And you obviously don't deserve to be superior.

*Report as Trolling*

I lol'ed at "Learn the english grammar you idiot"

here below a heads-up

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/from?q=from

"3 - indicating the source or provenance of someone or something:"

I hope you are not an english native, would be a shame.

cheers
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 01:58 PMPosted by THEPROPHET
People need to be more aware and more accountable for what they say as it impacts people in the deepest of levels.

that's the thing!
this anonymity erodes human contact and human communication, If only we could be more aware, if only we could actually put real meanings into our words, we wouldn't have wars or sadness or loneliness.

I at least celebrate and immensely enjoy that even on some level some of us can have fun and enjoy ourselves without labels and social affixes, isn't that what gaming should be about?
we should be making friends, broadening our horizons gibbing demons, finding kewl loot.

Its good to know that even amongst the ruins some still hold on to dignity, respect and overall a positive attitude than what appears to be the opposite norm.

cheers!

Fortunately, there are plenty of other gaming communities and forums that are filled with accepting, patient, courteous, and friendly people. The D3 community is probably the worst I've ever witnessed. There are a lot of good people here, but you need to wade through the muck to find them.
Reply Quote
PVP is in the forum at the moment, that's the sad truth =)
Reply Quote
I lol'ed at "Learn the english grammar you idiot"

here below a heads-up

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/from?q=from

"3 - indicating the source or provenance of someone or something:"

cheers

You pulled a dictionary and you still got it wrong. Did I ask you to define from? Dude... how many people here disagree with you and that they UNDERSTOOD that "A French Girl from Belgium" does NOT mean, "People from Belgium are French?" Looks like you need more people to disagree with you.

Get a clue you moron. Looks like I really have to make this poll online and show you the result:

QUESTION: The sentence, "I have a French Girl friend from Belgium" means:
a.) Indicating that a Woman with French Nationality is or was residing in Belgium
b.) People from Belgium are called French.

I'll show you the results in a week.

12/03/2012 11:00 PMPosted by Reliq

No, I'm not. And you definitely are not, either. Because you can't even f u c k i n g understand, basic, common sense sentence context.
Edited by numenorean#1374 on 12/6/2012 9:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm a chick and also better at gaming than 95 percent of guys, including my husband.
Reply Quote
OMG are you guys still at it over the girl that resides in Belgium but happens to be of French decent because she was born in France? I wouldn't bother trying to explain it any further, because frankly they may never get it. Unless of course they do get it, and they are just trying to get you .......
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Jenilyn
It doesn't surprise me though as in this same thread people can't comprehend that women play video games.

You must be new to these boards. Most people around here are just ignorant kids with something to prove.
Reply Quote
my 4 year old girl plays the WD on my account. she thinks shes walking her dogs =)
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 09:47 PMPosted by Iskra
Yes and they are dying to meet you.

lol
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Jenilyn
OMG are you guys still at it over the girl that resides in Belgium but happens to be of French decent because she was born in France? I wouldn't bother trying to explain it any further, because frankly they may never get it. Unless of course they do get it, and they are just trying to get you .......

Haha, I was actually hoping for him to reply back and STILL trying to make a case (despite the world disagreeing with him) that his understanding of the sentence is correct. And then, I'm just going to assume that he was raised to be that arrogant and self-centered, so I'll just give him the win and let him on his little bubble world think that he's correct. LOL
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]