Diablo® III

Everyone is ready for Belial

Once upon a time, Belial was scary. Now, he's not. If you can get to him without too much trouble, you can beat him.
Reply Quote
True story.
Reply Quote
I guess, for me, it's just once bitten (and killed), twice shy. But your title made me laugh :)
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 10:26 PMPosted by geology
I guess, for me, it's just once bitten (and killed), twice shy. But your title made me laugh :)

Fair enough. I can tell by how often people post about Belial that facing him still scares the hell out of people. He's getting by totally on reputation these days, though. 1.05 killed him faster than he killed people back in previous patches.

I consider the post a public service announcement. Trying to bring stress levels down a bit.
Reply Quote
I beg to differ, sir. None of my lvl 2 mules are anywhere near ready for Belial. ;)
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199402433

Apparently ZENsan is not ready :(
Reply Quote
let's say everyone is ready for Belial on mp0
Reply Quote
yup, everyone is ready for everythang...at least on mp0 anyway

i still die at mp1 though :(
Reply Quote
ZENsan learned hard way enrage timer still exisists so he can still take out thos who do not have the dps to back it up which i think for mp 0 now days is somewhere around 10-12k dps
Reply Quote
That's great news! What a relief! Too bad my monk didn't know that when he killed her a couple of weeks ago in nm. Will post this on her gravestone. (I should note: she went in with a two handed weapon, instead of using a shield....my bad).
Reply Quote
I just whacked him with my level 27 Wiz -- Normal Mode, MP5. He went down pretty easy but he still scares the cr#p out of me
Reply Quote
Belial is the only boss I had a real problem with in SC (Diablo in Inferno gave me some trouble as well with no Legendary gear). First time I fought him, I died 5 times before I figured out how the green blobs worked. That was SC Normal, first time through the game. He has killed me more than anything else in this game. Playing my first character in HC, he is the one boss that makes me stop and think.
Reply Quote
Belial is the only boss I had a real problem with in SC (Diablo in Inferno gave me some trouble as well with no Legendary gear). First time I fought him, I died 5 times before I figured out how the green blobs worked. That was SC Normal, first time through the game. He has killed me more than anything else in this game. Playing my first character in HC, he is the one boss that makes me stop and think.

Exactly, that's where I think a lot of people's fear is coming from.

But yeah.. everyone is ready for Belial mp0. Thanks Sunshine, for this public service announcement.
Reply Quote
Good news, everyone! Belial no longer kills anybody.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 04:06 AMPosted by twasbrillig
That's great news! What a relief! Too bad my monk didn't know that when he killed her a couple of weeks ago in nm. Will post this on her gravestone. (I should note: she went in with a two handed weapon, instead of using a shield....my bad).

Avoid the poison blasts = win
Reply Quote
Good news, everyone! Belial no longer kills anybody.

well yes... they learned that...

11/29/2012 11:33 AMPosted by TheSherm
Avoid the poison blasts = win
Reply Quote
View profile
11/28/2012 10:58 PMPosted by Anomie
I beg to differ, sir. None of my lvl 2 mules are anywhere near ready for Belial. ;)

I disagree...there are probably some lvl 2 mules who could take him down nowadays....:(
Reply Quote
Personally, my only problem with him is his HUGE hitbox - or whatever it is that causes me to continue targeting him even once I've dragged my cursor well away from him. It often results in me standing in front of him for an extra couple of seconds taking a barrage of meteor strikes instead of moving to a safe spot.
Reply Quote
it used to be epic, my friend and i had softcore characters with a combined 200k dps, and we prided ourselves on destroying him before the meteors started.

just killed him today with a friend at half that value :(
Reply Quote
see that is the thing, he WAS HARD.

i played this game since release, and all the forums had belial as one of the toughest, I remember in hell hc with my wiz, i had a hard time and hit his enrage timer, but beat him.

when i got to inferno, i only did butcher runs. was too scared of act 2, 3 things; wasps, suicide lunatics, belial.

i didn't know that they nerfed belial badly.

question everyone, is my dh ready for belial? (of course will change some skills)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]