Diablo® III

Everyone is ready for Belial

I have been hesitating to face him for weeks. I will wait a few more weeks.
Reply Quote
12/15/2012 10:01 PMPosted by REVENGE
I have been hesitating to face him for weeks. I will wait a few more weeks.

You look ready now to me! My barb killed him extremely easily with slightly worse defensive stats than you (I think the exact same gear/setup as my current profile), running inspiring presence instead of superstition.

It looks like the one place people get in trouble is if their DPS isn't high enough to beat his enrage timer, but I'm pretty sure 14k damage unbuffed is plenty.

Other than that, don't stand in the green puddles and you should be fine. :)

Good luck!
Reply Quote
Remember when making it past the first part of act 2 was the gear check? Those damn wasp...
Reply Quote
Aztec - did you beat belial finally? Correct me if I'm wrong but you have around 40k life... Did you get hit at all by any of the pools or belial himself?

I too am 'on my way' to Belial right now and wanted to know if I'm ready (I believe I am). Any skill suggestions / ideas are welcome.
Reply Quote
12/16/2012 05:46 AMPosted by EliteGod
I too am 'on my way' to Belial right now and wanted to know if I'm ready (I believe I am).

Saw you posted an "am I ready" thread, so I thought I'd reply to you here to bump my public service announcement.

You are more than ready. 82k HP? 34k DPS? I don't even care what your exact eHP is. You could fall asleep and smoke him.
Reply Quote
Well, whether or not I can smoke him is besides the point :) Ty for the response - the key question I have is - can I take a hit from him?? I know I can kill him before any silly enrage timer. I'm not worried about that.... what I'm concerned about is the damage he does to me.

Any calculation possible?
Reply Quote
I fought belial on inferno couple days ago.

Rubber banding, lag spikes, etc. Belial wouldn't shut up about the reasons why he lost to a total noob.

Took me two weeks to beat Inferno Diablo from scratch.
Edited by FitHopeCom#1162 on 12/16/2012 9:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/16/2012 08:54 AMPosted by EliteGod
Ty for the response - the key question I have is - can I take a hit from him?? I know I can kill him before any silly enrage timer. I'm not worried about that.... what I'm concerned about is the damage he does to me.

I've heard that the exploding plants in the oasis hit for around as hard as Belial's green puddles. You could let one of those explode on you and see how it goes. I've never had a problem dodging Belial's attacks, personally, but it will be good to know if you can survive a worst case scenario.

Either way, you have over 80k hp and 600AR - you're going to be fine even with your relatively low armor (might want to work on that for A3). You'll be back here talking about how easy it was in no time.

The fear is really worse than the reality these days. Dude's big! :)
Reply Quote
PHEW :D

Just did it smoothly with 2 other barbs... No major incidents barring a pool that appeared outta nowhere and my hitting SS to move out of the way in a hurry :) Killed him soon after the first round of his meteors was done! :)

All's well that ends well. Now back to act 1 farming or a2 vault? Any suggestions?
Reply Quote
Funny little story, my DH had a few hairy situations in the end of act 2. So, I killed Kulle and prepared to make a new game and rerun the archives. Well, I logged off and puttered around. Came back, resumed game and just blindly followed the quest. I don't know why, but I had a brain-fart and thought it was the other fight scene with the snake-people.. anywhoo... before I knew it i was fighting belial and it was one of my fastest belial kills ever.

Everyone, really and truly, is ready for Belial.
Reply Quote
WOW geology!! hahaha!!! That's a real brown your pants story... What a moment of realisation you mustv experienced.... dayem :D Out of interest - what were your stats when you defeated him and did you get hit at all???
Reply Quote
12/16/2012 02:19 PMPosted by geology
Everyone, really and truly, is ready for Belial.

Thanks for sharing your story! Together we can burn away the deceptive fog of fear that Belial still casts over the hardcore community with the fierce sunlight of truth!

Another testimonial, from Painweaver, even though it wasn't originally intended as one:

Everyone is ready for Belial. I was 58, at Belial Hell. He put his arms into the ground, everything stopped. 5 seconds later, everything fast forwards. I ate 2 explosions. I survived.

I edited the above quote slightly to change the emphasis. But you can apparently even survive with 5 second lag during the only dangerous part of the fight now! ;)
Reply Quote
I was 46 and had already out-leveled the content in terms of exp, but I was still getting hit hard by the wasp poison so I thought I wasn't ready. Not sure of my exact stats (this is in NM) but I think i had just under 100 poison resist. I am running an insane build (that I love), but at times I feel like my DH forgets she is supposed to be tanky. I'm also notorious for standing in puddles. My dps was around 1000. Not sure my health. I got hit maybe 2 times, but it was easy to vault to the globe. He didn't get to the poison ground phase. I treated myself to a new bow after that.

Act 4 KW is the new Belial :D

Edit: Can I consider this the Belial vouch thread?
Edited by geology#1152 on 12/16/2012 2:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/16/2012 02:40 PMPosted by geology
Can I consider this the Belial vouch thread?

Haha. Absolutely. On a side note, I feel like making this thread has guaranteed that I'm going to die to Belial at some point just for the irony. If it happens, I'll post here so that some of y'all can enjoy an "I told you so" moment. :)

12/16/2012 02:40 PMPosted by geology
Act 4 KW is the new Belial :D

Truth. Especially for people trying to get the plans. Some good players have been going down.
Reply Quote
I've been seeing more Belial angst lately, so I thought I'd bring the good news back to the front page.

Sorry for the necro - just wanted to ease the minds of the new crop of HC players.
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Sunshine
Once upon a time, Belial was scary. Now, he's not. If you can get to him without too much trouble, you can beat him.

Agreed. I played him inferno with my monk last week thinking that I would have an easy time of it I mean having high allres and serenity to hit during ground explosion phase. I actually did the worst dodging of all time getting hit by his ground explosion 4 times and I was still rollin and finished him off easily. Lol I didn't even dodge anything and he still died. I don't know. I remember my first SC character ever way back when Taking me seven or eight tries to kill him on Normal Mode. ( I remember I was level 20 or 21 only when I met him though)
Reply Quote
To be fair, i think that was always the case. If you can get to him easily then you can beat him. The acts (elites) were always harder than the bosses.
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Sunshine
Once upon a time, Belial was scary. Now, he's not. If you can get to him without too much trouble, you can beat him.

my WD just died in nightmare to belial. no trouble getting there, but belial crushed him.
just thought you should know.
Reply Quote
Yeah even though this is a necro i dont really care, people need to calm down about him, really not hard at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]