Diablo® III

3 Things That Piss You Off The MOST About D3

DRM, no community Mods

No build diversity with out incredibly expensive out of reach gear. (unless you are a Barb)

Crafting is useless.
Bots
Generic items n characters
RL corrupted
This is a polite disagreement here.

1. If the devs really didn't care at all, then D3 would've never seen the light of day. They would've made a rehash of D2:LOD and make the series a perfect copy of the Call of Duty series. Where little would change from game to game.

Botting will always be an ongoing issue that will never end. I do not see any way that Blizz could permanently end botting. There are no magic bullets that could cure it.

PvP: I am real glad that they are taking their time fixing the serious issues that have arisen since the game's launch. That alone shows that they care for this game. If they did not then all they would've done at best is fix bugs.

Running the same content, news flash there is no way that the devs could possibly put out new content fast enough to make the game different each and every day we play it. Also playing the same content is par for the course of a Diablo game.

2. The same thing happened in D2:LOD. I mean if you found all of the runes to make a low rolled enigma, that enigma could changes hands hundreds of times there were no bound items in D2:LOD. So it fits that there are no bound items here in D3.

3. Here customization has taken a different spin. Instead of relying on manual stat and skill points, an illusion of customization, they went with a much smaller system. Where you only have to choose your skill/runes then you are done.

There's a few pretty big flaws here.

#1. The design of Diablo3 was merely to make money. The game is meant to have micro-transactions all day long. The item system is setup in such a way that all items that don't fit a certain criteria are junk, the ones that do are cheap because they aren't rolled highly, and the ones that are rolled good are expensive as hell. This makes the high tear items in high demand, while they have insane price tags, netting them more $$.

#2 You are correct that botting will always be an issue, but the problem is that there are bots with 250k+ elite kills still actively farming, and it's real easy for Blizzard to see those. Yet there they sit, being the robots they are.

#3. It's good they showed they want to fix pvp, but the issues here are they had 10 years of time to develop it, it was said to be included at release. 7 months later, still no pvp.

#4. No one at all expect new content everyday, and even to say that is being ignorant, but they've added ONE new content patch, and ONE new system to the game in 7 months, both of which were very lackluster, and poorly thought out, and virtually change nothing in regards to the game-play experience.

#5. Having 6 skills to put on your bar is not what even remotely close to what customization is... that's called "simplification". I'm sorry but you apparently have no clue what customization is.
Edited by Eclipse#1140 on 11/30/2012 9:47 AM PST
View profile
1. Reflect damage ... all the classes shouldn't have to dress like a barb.
2. Dmg/Health imbalance regarding mp scaling. Buff mobs damage and nerf their health, Blizzard.
3. Lack of storage space ... come on blizzard, I'm starting to feel forced to use the auction house. There is clearly space for two more tabs. I don't care how much ingame gold it costs, please make it happen.
11/30/2012 09:47 AMPosted by the5rites
Reflect damage ... all the classes shouldn't have to dress like a barb.

This should've been on my list at number 3.5
11/30/2012 09:35 AMPosted by Eclipse
Oh god please get out of ARPG forums and back to some random MMOs, you cant be serious with that.

you can't be serious. When they introduced the AH, they changed the formula for this ARPG. You can't have unbound items, as the economy get over flooded with items. Simple supply and demand. Right now, we have an INFINITE supply, with a demand that dwindles everyday. That's a failing economey. That's what happens when the ratios are off. Items being unbound is making the ratios be off, due to the literally infinite supply.

11/30/2012 09:35 AMPosted by Eclipse
Oh god please get out of ARPG forums and back to some random MMOs, you cant be serious with that.

you can't be serious. When they introduced the AH, they changed the formula for this ARPG. You can't have unbound items, as the economy get over flooded with items. Simple supply and demand. Right now, we have an INFINITE supply, with a demand that dwindles everyday. That's a failing economey. That's what happens when the ratios are off. Items being unbound is making the ratios be off, due to the literally infinite supply.

soul bound gear is stupid

if anything, there should be a repair limit that is visible on the gear and that could be reset using some very hard to get mats for your horadric cube

you see nothing is soul bound, that is bs concept, use something at least plausible like it is broke, but we can make one just like it if you go get these über mats

let me try to explain. I have the absolute perfect roll of x item that in all likely hood will never drop again, I equip it, no one else can ever use it. you guys are worried about trash, look at my gear, my gear is worthless trash, regardless of market value

diablo is about getting your greedy little hands on the absolute PERFECT roll which without dupes is pretty RARE
1.) THe horrible story(cinematics, lame writting, lame dialogues)

2.) No hostile button (can't hostile team mates, can't pvp friends)

3.) Crap social aspects : ( 4 player cap, can't create or name your own games like in D2, overall poor quality for playing in teams for an always online game)

if anything, there should be a repair limit that is visible on the gear and that could be reset using some very hard to get mats for your horadric cube

you see nothing is soul bound, that is bs concept, use something at least plausible like it is broke, but we can make one just like it if you go get these über mats

let me try to explain. I have the absolute perfect roll of x item that in all likely hood will never drop again, I equip it, no one else can ever use it. you guys are worried about trash, look at my gear, my gear is worthless trash, regardless of market value

diablo is about getting your greedy little hands on the absolute PERFECT roll which without dupes is pretty RARE

Sigh.. now you are arguing semantics... soul bound is just the term for the item's ownership, not meant to be taken literally. The state of "soul bound" means linked to the character that equipped it permanently.
View profile
11/30/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Eclipse
Reflect damage ... all the classes shouldn't have to dress like a barb.

This should've been on my list at number 3.5

They should either reduce the amount of damage reflected or simply add lifesteal to the set bonuses of ranged classes (especially Tal Rasha ... the worst set in the game!)

Sigh.. now you are arguing semantics... soul bound is just the term for the item's ownership, not meant to be taken literally. The state of "soul bound" means linked to the character that equipped it permanently.

it has no place in diablo, and if you read what I say there my idea doesn't ruin the item like being soul bound; the last bit may be taken out of context as it is meant to show how stupid the idea is
1. blizzard not communicating
2. Item rolls and legendaries
3. Skills aren't as fun as d2
11/30/2012 09:53 AMPosted by the5rites
They should either reduce the amount of damage reflected or simply add lifesteal to the set bonuses of ranged classes (especially Tal Rasha ... the worst set in the game!)

It's pretty dumb that you can't get life-steal on any gear other than barb's belt and weps. But there's a real simple reason it still hurts a redic amount, and nothing has be done to counter it?

It creates a niche of SUPER high valued items, items that Blizzard can make money off of. Think about it, good weapons with life-steal are what EVERYONE needs. The drop of weps like that are few and far between, and those items are necessary to counter RD at super high dps. This cause INSANE prices on those items, due to again : supply and demand.

And people say that this game wasn't designed purely to make money? Right there is a perfect example of blizzard artificially making a niche for items for profit.
1) The other players.

2) That I have to deal with the other players vis a vis the AH

3) That I don't have the tools to use the AH to avoid the assanine usage of it perpetuated by the other players.
11/30/2012 09:57 AMPosted by Magius
I have the absolute perfect roll of x item that in all likely hood will never drop again, I equip it, no one else can ever use it.

Bu this is the point, those items WILL eventually drop again over time, and since that first one never left, they will keep adding up, until eventually, the market is flooded. This is what you aren't understanding.

And I'm not following your idea at all. I don't understand what you are trying to say. Armor already has durability.

If you get a goldy item, that's not for you, u have no need to equip it. Sell it, then the person who buys it, who needs it' owns it. It's that simple. That item is taken off the market, now a new item can take it's place.
Edited by Eclipse#1140 on 11/30/2012 10:06 AM PST
83 Dwarf Warrior
RMAH/AH

Itemization.

Build diversity.
Edited by BennyHill#1461 on 11/30/2012 10:07 AM PST
I enjoy the game, that being said I am still annoyed by certain things.
3. When you hover over an item in the AH, there NEEDS to be the dps calculations to compare with your equipped items. The fact that some upgrades are extremely expensive and you can't tell how much of an upgrade it is without alt-tabbing into a spreadsheet (which can easily be inaccurate if not updated precisely) is ridiculous to the point of being absurd.

There is a way to see how much an item in the AH costs. All you need is a friend that links you the item from AH while you are in-game.

Back to topic:
1. Jay Wilson being lead designer
2. The people who complain a lot for no reason about the game ( do not mix this with constructive criticism
3. Messy economy
I have the absolute perfect roll of x item that in all likely hood will never drop again, I equip it, no one else can ever use it.

Bu this is the point, those items WILL eventually drop again over time, and since that first one never left, they will keep adding up, until eventually, the market is flooded. This is what you aren't understanding.

And I'm not following your idea at all. I don't understand what you are trying to say. Armor already has durability.

If you get a goldy item, that't not for you, u have need to equip it. Sell it, then the person who buys it, who needs it' owns it. It's that simple. That item is taken off the market, now a new item can take it's place.

what you want is called a ladder; that belongs in diablo not soul bound gear.

True story, launch day, I sat playing d3 with my son and babbled for severel hours about how the economy was going to implode without a ladder and in general the market would become flooded with nearly perfect drops most people would love to get. My son being 11 and having played d2 a little thought I had gone insane

Day 1 myself and many others knew already why ladder was and is needed. What most don't get is at ladder reset you lose nothing, but there is a new clean fresh ladder market and there are items that only drop in ladder and only enter non ladder via reset

LADDER not soul bound is the correct diablo answer
Edited by Magius#1534 on 11/30/2012 10:11 AM PST
the constant stream of complaints in the forums. the entitled attitudes of some players. the overlooking of anything positive.
1. optimal item stats

2. build imbalance

3. character mobility
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]