Diablo® III

PC Switching Off.

90 Pandaren Monk
I bought a GTX 550, in the first hours i could play D3 just fine, but then, in the other day, the game just shuts off my pc after 1 ~ 10min after i start playing.
What is really strange is that I can play WoW for like 2 hours straight, DotA 2 also and nothing happens!

I Alredy downloaded the latest drivers, checked my RAM memory, but nothing seems to work. What should I do?

Here's my PC :

Pentium Dual Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz
4GB RAM
Geforce GTX 550 Ti
Motherboard Gigabyte G31M-ES2L
1TB HD

Please, help me, I really want to play D3 :(
Reply Quote
Have you looked at your power supply?

your 12V pin should be 24A I believe for the 550 GTX

If your 12V is under 24A it will cause the comp to shut down as I had the same issue on my other comp. I swapped my power supply and worked ok.
Reply Quote
another possibility is overheating. you said the system runs and the shutdowns depend on the application specifically -- there is a possibility you don't have good enough circulation near the GPU area or the heat is making its way up to the processor and sending kill signals due to high temp ranges.

some releases of newer of hardware (gpu/cpu) provide realtime temperature readouts of your CPU and GPU, you can let these run while you game and frequently tab alt to see what temperatures you're at.

chances are they use the standard scales for temps, green is generally ok, yellow is getting risky and red is time to troubleshoot the overheat...i won't give you the exact temps to go by as they vary from machine to machine, you could look up what's standard for yours and gauge it that way.

i hope it helps!
Edited by Uberd0rk#1671 on 11/30/2012 9:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It's probabbly my power supply, the GTX is at 55 ~ 62 C° While playing D3, and I don't think it is switching off because of overheating. I'm running the game at extremely low graphics and in 1368x 778, was running at 1980x1200. So far it is working.

My power supply is prettyyyyy lame, it is a "Fortrek ATX 20+4P 450W Max".

Ty!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]