Diablo® III

Why are legendary drop rates DOWN?

Tell me Carnac the Magnificent, If it's jus random then why do people stack MF?

An item has 1% chance to drop. You will get 1 every 100 items you get.
With MF that chance increases to 2%. You will get 2 every 100 items you get. Or 1 every 50.

Is that so difficult?
Reply Quote
Very constructive.

Tell me Carnac the Magnificent, If it's just random then why do people stack MF?

+1

drops have significantly decreased both quality and quantity. i believe anyone who has played this game for like, forever, has a say to what they have been noticing and experiencing. believe me when i say you don't even want to sit through hours upon hours on a daily basis getting nothing. in fact, drops have been so bad gold drops are actually starting to look appealing.

anyone who says drops are fine are bots /tinfoil ._.

I have played this game since June 2nd, I'm not a Bot.

I haven't noticed quality of items dropping, if anything I've noticed items getting better because of extra MF from Monster Power Level, my sales are going higher and higher each month. And the Quantity of Items dropping? Please tell me who's getting all these Leg/Set items I keep seeing up for sale on the AH? Don't tell me Blizzard is the one putting those items up.

Let me show you a post I made on some other thread;
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199963261?page=2#25

It's just your imagination my friend.

DH Stun Build Trolling Elites and Ubers on MP10
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7178978741#1
Edited by JaceAltair#2678 on 11/30/2012 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Blizzard just has a poor randomization algorithm. I have personally found more keys on mp1 then on mp4. You're just experiencing an statistical anomaly which happens quite frequently in this game.

I agree with you though, If you play an hour and you are used to getting a legendary then you play for 2 weeks and don't get one it seems screwed.
Reply Quote
Why are you guys always so hostile when players post this? He is asking a question, YOU people are bad for Diablo3 and Blizzard.

OP, I was absolutely sure drop rates were down. I went from getting 1 per run to nothing for weeks. 2 things happend.

1 - changed a shield and amulet that lowered my MF. I did not think it MF mattered as much as I was in MP5, I added them back and got a Legendary next run.

2 - I sometimes run with a high MF wiz. when we run I get more, also right after I play MP with him, my luck for legendaries is better for the next few runs. Mix in some MP if you do not already, JUST IN CASE there is anything to that and try for yourself. It can't hurt.

Except... he didn't ask a question.
Reply Quote
There was the thing about AH tied to legendary drop rates.
Reply Quote
Only explanation seems to be RNG.

I got 23 legendaries yesterday over 8 hours. 4 today over that same time span. Of those 27 leg's, 23 were were brims, 2 were worth 500k, 2 were worth 2-3 million each.

During that same time I probably had around 10 million in rare item sales.
Reply Quote
You AH wannabe businessmen crack me up
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 07:01 PMPosted by JaceAltair
It's just your imagination my friend.

sorry i beg to differ. experience is experience and i'm going with that.
Reply Quote
The all-seeing eye of the Illuminati has determined that you are a threat to their plot to cover up the fact that the moon landing was faked. This is your first warning, the next one will be much worse.
Reply Quote
Blizzard just has a poor randomization algorithm. I have personally found more keys on mp1 then on mp4. You're just experiencing an statistical anomaly which happens quite frequently in this game.

I agree with you though, If you play an hour and you are used to getting a legendary then you play for 2 weeks and don't get one it seems screwed.

This may very well be the case and hopefully it gets addressed in future patches. I was getting a couple every day for 2 weeks and haven't gotten any in the past week. I realize RNG is RNG but that seems to be the problem. And Jace, I'm glad things are going well for you but it's not the same for a lot of other people. Threads like these keep popping up for a reason. Something is wrong and/or flawed and the entire loot/itemization thing still needs work.
Reply Quote
another thread based entirely on anecdotal evidence, show me some proof drops are down 100%. BTW no one ever seems to have the proof, they just continue spouting off because they think they're telling it like it is. if the accusers have no real evidence, their claims lack merit.
this is what the OP's argument looks like. i haven't found a penny on the ground in weeks therefore, no one is finding pennies.
Edited by Satanspawn#1107 on 11/30/2012 11:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Why are you guys always so hostile when players post this? He is asking a question, YOU people are bad for Diablo3 and Blizzard.

OP, I was absolutely sure drop rates were down. I went from getting 1 per run to nothing for weeks. 2 things happend.

1 - changed a shield and amulet that lowered my MF. I did not think it MF mattered as much as I was in MP5, I added them back and got a Legendary next run.

2 - I sometimes run with a high MF wiz. when we run I get more, also right after I play MP with him, my luck for legendaries is better for the next few runs. Mix in some MP if you do not already, JUST IN CASE there is anything to that and try for yourself. It can't hurt.

Except... he didn't ask a question.

Thread Topic: WHY ARE LEGENDARY DROPS DOWN?

That looks like a question to me. I was trying to offer some reasons he would be experiencing fewer drops. did he swap some gear recently and lose some MF without thinking about it? etc. not just trash the dude for asking a question
Edited by Prology#1426 on 12/3/2012 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]