As we all know demon hunters are in a rough spot right now, with many leaving to re-roll Barbs. Well now we don't have to as I have discovered we can farm just as fast & efficiently on low mps.
So I'll start off by saying that I usually farm anywhere from 68-72m xp/hr with this build on mp0 while picking up drops. I only recommend using this on mp0-1 other wise it becomes less than effective. My gear quite good but the gear needed for this build doesn't need to cost in the hundreds of millions.
There are a lot of good DH strafe builds out there that looked like so much fun to me so I set out on a mission to find the most effective & easy way to farm paragon levels, and believe I have done it. From my build in the video I have switched to rocket storm as its more predictable but players with lower dps may want to stay with demolition for the higher crits.
- Nightstalker- Regen Disc to keep shadowpower up & vault at will
- Vengance- Hatred regen & disc regen
- Tac adva- Huge run speed increases with shadow power up
- Strafe- Demolition hits the hardest by far and helps clear out mobs, Rocket storm is a good alternative for players with higher dps because it won't miss mobs
- Chakram- Shuriken Cloud acts sort of like a barbarians WW when moving through mobs. I typically Get crits for 50k.
- Companion- Bat for hatred regen
- Vault- Trail of cinders, tumble, or action shot ( I plan on testing tomorrow)
- Fan of knives- Hail of knives is great for elites or thining out mobs and can be cast mid strafe which is why I prefer it over Rain of vengance
- Shadow power- shadow glide provides a 30 % speed boost and on mp0 a decently geared dh with 200 AR will not need gloom to survive. This is the skill/ rune that makes my runs so much faster. Not only does it speed up my time between mobs when coupled with tac advantage for 115 % run speed (30+60+25) it also speeds up my strafe movement speed.
Things to know
- Templar is a requirement for this build so you don't have to use prep
- Pickup radius is your friend, and so is max disc
- It takes some getting used to, but once you figure it out it's glorious
- It may work on higher MPs but it really shines on 0-2
- Cloaks with hatred regen& strafe CC make this build much more viable
- Shadow power's life leech stays active as long as you continue strafing but monster knockbacks or fears cause it to fall off and SP will need to be cast again.
- Stay away from a lot of attack speed, It will drain your hatred.
Any ideas or feed back would be wonderful. I hope this gets all of you that read it excited about playing your DH's again