Diablo® III

Strafe: The paragon speed build

after that reddit post I played around with the build a bit more and settled on this build

http://youtu.be/c36UI-UNiFg

which is almost identical to yours but I used ball lightning instead of chakram gives me about an average of 72-73m xp/hr on mp0.

Some of the runs I timed:

6.2min, 7.25m xp = 70.1m xp/hr
6.5min, 7.87m xp = 72.6m xp/hr
5.8min, 7.15m xp = 73.9m xp/hr
6.6min, 8.46m xp = 76.9m xp/hr
6.6min. 7.90m xp = 71.8m xp/hr
Edited by Ruroshin#6644 on 12/6/2012 11:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
This is making me want to finish levling up my 37 DH.. haha :) I'm hopeless.... lol Jus love all the classes.

Good post here, and saving for later when my DH is geared :)
Reply Quote
bump so my friend can find this thread full of awesome
Reply Quote
Fast build, cheers. Currently having a toy with it.
Reply Quote
im probably missing out on somthing or doing somthing wrong but this build seems to be slower then my own one,(since im assuming im not doing it right ill be comparing your times to mine). as youre saying you can clear alkaizer in 12+ and i clear it in 9 minutes while picking up almost everything that drops (other then 2handers and low lvl 1handers.)
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 07:45 AMPosted by Nyg8
im probably missing out on somthing or doing somthing wrong but this build seems to be slower then my own one,(since im assuming im not doing it right ill be comparing your times to mine). as youre saying you can clear alkaizer in 12+ and i clear it in 9 minutes while picking up almost everything that drops (other then 2handers and low lvl 1handers.)

The build can be fast, the speed will just vary depending on dps and what MP you are playing at. I use a very similar build to OP and can clear akaiser in less than 7 minutes. I only pickup legendaries, jewelry, gloves, bracers and 1h weapons.
Reply Quote
What would be the minimum requirements to make this build work? This build looks like something I'd like to try.
Reply Quote
wow absolutely loving this build

what abilities should you be using on your templar?

also anyone else know of good ways to bump hatred regen w/out losing dps.
i can let it run for about 10 sec straight until it runs out (just want it to last a little longer)
Reply Quote
@ruroshin, i;ve just timed my build again an got a 7:30 clock with 9 million exp gain (using a star ruby.) which totals in 72 million exp per hour (and i wasnt even using theperfect gem.)

.. still not understading whats the big hype around this build.
Reply Quote
@ruroshin, i;ve just timed my build again an got a 7:30 clock with 9 million exp gain (using a star ruby.) which totals in 72 million exp per hour (and i wasnt even using theperfect gem.)

.. still not understading whats the big hype around this build.

Don't know about the hype but we are just presenting an alternative build, build diversity? You originally said it was slower than your build I only replied to say it can be as fast.

I have very similiar dps to you when running it and I timed my again and I finished in 6:30 with 8.5 milion exp gain total 78 million exp per hour (but I was using perfect gem). So I guess your build and this one is comparable.

Options are good.
Reply Quote
im just wondering how people are running alkaizer runs that fast, they take me about 20 minutes, but i run the entire thing????
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 01:42 AMPosted by TheZodiac
im just wondering how people are running alkaizer runs that fast, they take me about 20 minutes, but i run the entire thing????

Just check my video i linked at the top of this page, it has a sample run. I think it was around 8min mark into the video that the run starts.
Edited by Ruroshin#6644 on 12/6/2012 2:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ok, getting bored of farming keys and ubers at high MP so I'm going to try this out. I'm a Natalya's Wrath DH so Discipline is not a problem and will change how I build this up. At 30 disc I can keep Shadow Power up 100% and vault every 2.5 seconds with legacy Nats set bonus alone, so I think I can skip Nightstalker and the Templar.

That said I do a couple question for you.

1) I notice in your active skills there's no hatred generator...does Vengance + Bat take care of that? If so I may drop Bola for Fan of Knives.

2) Demolition vs Rocket Storm: Could you define "higher DPS" please? Depending on my helm I do 113K(exp gem)-119K(3.5%CC) unbuffed.
Reply Quote
Did testing last night, and while I don't Vault or anything in between, this skill is awesome.

I have found that Rocket Storm is my favorite rune, Stinging Steel is supposed to do more damage although not sure if it does. SoJ to me is pretty much mandatory. I take a 30k dps loss when equipping it but in the end I am doing more damage with SoJ. With SoJ on I have 70.5% CC with Strafe bonuses.

In addition. I have a Witching Hour that is : 430 Armor, +93 Intelligence, +100 Vitality, Attack speed increased by 8%, +11% Life, +153 Armor, Critical Hit Damage increased by 50%.... and I like my Inna's Favor Better for this build.

I think next upgrade for me is a DML with Bola on it, so I can get some more damage outta it.
Reply Quote
well this is a nice build, but I got 80-90M XP/hour with Multishot build and I kill faster and loot, I do not pass i63 loots.
Reply Quote
Love this build. I was pretty settled on my spike trap sentry build for a while at mp 5, but this is another level of speed and fun. Tried it so far with gloom and shiruken on mp2 and as Kormac would say, "Glorious!". So fun vaulting from room to room racking up massacres. Snagged some cheap pickup radius gloves, bracers and a Tal'Rasha helm (cheap alternative to nats sight with crit) as well as a cheap nats chest with strafe crit and hatred regen. Another good addition was a high dex/low speed DML to slow the hatred burn a bit more. Plus with my 50+ crit disc has been a non issue with zero max disc gear. Good times, gonna try punishment and shadow glide on mp1 tonight. Thanks for the thread man:)
Reply Quote
Ok, getting bored of farming keys and ubers at high MP so I'm going to try this out. I'm a Natalya's Wrath DH so Discipline is not a problem and will change how I build this up. At 30 disc I can keep Shadow Power up 100% and vault every 2.5 seconds with legacy Nats set bonus alone, so I think I can skip Nightstalker and the Templar.

1) I notice in your active skills there's no hatred generator...does Vengance + Bat take care of that? If so I may drop Bola for Fan of Knives.

2) Demolition vs Rocket Storm: Could you define "higher DPS" please? Depending on my helm I do 113K(exp gem)-119K(3.5%CC) unbuffed.

1) 9 Hatred regen per sec + Veng. globes more than make up for the lack of hatred generator. FoK + SoJ = one shot (or close) elites on mp0. I've never felt the need for a Hatred Generator, Shuriken Cloud seems to be a better fit.

2) Choosing between the two is tough. I would say try them both out, but i find that unless you are at 125k+ dps (unbuffed, with SoJ, exp gem in helm and Hellfire ring all equipped) you are better off with Demo. Even as you get closer its a tough call, because Demo shines in Keep Depths, which is the bread and butter xp zone of Alk runs anyway. I feel that with a bit higher APS and overall dps (probs need a 12XX dps, 2os, 1XX dex Manti) that Rocket Storm will be the go to rune.

Radelon - I think I'm with you on the Inna's Belt thing at this point. The problem is we use SoJ and Hellfire ring (this is an xp farming build afterall) so that really makes it hard to use Nat's Mark. Because of that we are going to use Nat's boots and chest, meaning the only way we can go with Inna's two piece is with belt and pants. I've looked at 5+CC, 7pickup radius Nat's helms though, that may be the way to keep 130 dex bonus and use Witching Hour. But id rather buy a CC Mempo that will work no matter what build or MP level im playing on. Just a more sound investment.

Everyone saying they can get more XP/hour with other builds - Hey thats great, it's good that we can have these 'tough decisions', because it means there is a bit of build diversity. That said, just from a logistics standpoint I find it very hard to believe that a Multishot or Ball Lightning build has a 'higher potential' for xp/hour than this build. Why? Because with Strafe we never have to aim, we never stop to shoot, we are always moving towards the next mob, and there is no downtime for Elites. All other factors can probably be considered even (vault + TA as our means of speed), except that this build can Shadow Step for faster move speed while attacking. Again this is all theoretical, and solid players with great gear will fly through an xp speed run with a handful of viable builds.

I played 60 Paragon Levels worth of farming with HA + Multishot or BL, and i can say that this build is just more fun... For me, anyway.
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 07:31 AMPosted by Oray
well this is a nice build, but I got 80-90M XP/hour with Multishot build and I kill faster and loot, I do not pass i63 loots.

I still think multishot is fastest, but I've changed to BL because it's alot less "work" (read- can do it while half asleep).

the strafe build is FUN too, but as with everything, after so many hours we'll get tired of it too. also, I find it's a bit more work resource wise than vault-BL .

o/
Reply Quote

1) 9 Hatred regen per sec + Veng. globes more than make up for the lack of hatred generator. FoK + SoJ = one shot (or close) elites on mp0. I've never felt the need for a Hatred Generator, Shuriken Cloud seems to be a better fit.

2) Choosing between the two is tough. I would say try them both out, but i find that unless you are at 125k+ dps (unbuffed, with SoJ, exp gem in helm and Hellfire ring all equipped) you are better off with Demo. Even as you get closer its a tough call, because Demo shines in Keep Depths, which is the bread and butter xp zone of Alk runs anyway. I feel that with a bit higher APS and overall dps (probs need a 12XX dps, 2os, 1XX dex Manti) that Rocket Storm will be the go to rune.

Radelon - I think I'm with you on the Inna's Belt thing at this point. The problem is we use SoJ and Hellfire ring (this is an xp farming build afterall) so that really makes it hard to use Nat's Mark. Because of that we are going to use Nat's boots and chest, meaning the only way we can go with Inna's two piece is with belt and pants. I've looked at 5+CC, 7pickup radius Nat's helms though, that may be the way to keep 130 dex bonus and use Witching Hour. But id rather buy a CC Mempo that will work no matter what build or MP level im playing on. Just a more sound investment.

Everyone saying they can get more XP/hour with other builds - Hey thats great, it's good that we can have these 'tough decisions', because it means there is a bit of build diversity. That said, just from a logistics standpoint I find it very hard to believe that a Multishot or Ball Lightning build has a 'higher potential' for xp/hour than this build. Why? Because with Strafe we never have to aim, we never stop to shoot, we are always moving towards the next mob, and there is no downtime for Elites. All other factors can probably be considered even (vault + TA as our means of speed), except that this build can Shadow Step for faster move speed while attacking. Again this is all theoretical, and solid players with great gear will fly through an xp speed run with a handful of viable builds.

I played 60 Paragon Levels worth of farming with HA + Multishot or BL, and i can say that this build is just more fun... For me, anyway.

Nicely worded post. I honestly feel like I can get the same if not more XP with MS/Suppression Fire (I literally never run out of disc and fly through the map), but I do also have to aim/pay more attention to what I'm doing, which I like because holding one button gets extremely boring for me after a while. But Strife clearly demands the least from players.
Edited by Surfinn#1296 on 12/6/2012 10:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
Coming from the ball lightning build and the infinite chakram build...This is definitely the most fun ive had with my DH! I go just as fast and get just as much xp with other build. Thanks for the thread!

My build is different compared to yours and i do mp1/2 without dying, but i wish to go higher, but i need a higher health pool and other adjustments if i really wanted to use this build seriously.

I throw out a bola bitter pill for more Disc. regen and because they actually get stunned for a bit from the blast, vault in a crowd, and strafe. I actually dont have to use gloom or any shadow power skills a lot because the windforce has life steal unless they are reflect. MY runs have always been fast with 65 disc, but i think im losing 1-2 min in my runs compared to my old build, nonetheless i will be keeping this build. I still get around 65-70 xp/hr a run.

It's crazy how the shuriken cloud-chakram rune actually helps alot when on top of an elite, they literally melt.

I find that in Inferno BL is a bit faster. I need a bit more DPS and other stats to make this really work the way I would be confortable with. Also, Shuriken cloud after some testing does not seem to do very much damage at all. I find that fan of knives retaliate does much more damage. It just does not stay on the way that Shuriken Cloud does.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]