Diablo® III

Strafe: The paragon speed build

As for SoJ, you were right. It took a lot of looking but I got 6/9/21/9 (9 on grenades) for 2.7m. It's awesome. On paper I do less dps, but my criticals hit for about 2.5k more dmg :)

For grenades? That doesn't help your strafe. That's for grenades skill.
Reply Quote

As for SoJ, you were right. It took a lot of looking but I got 6/9/21/9 (9 on grenades) for 2.7m. It's awesome. On paper I do less dps, but my criticals hit for about 2.5k more dmg :)

For grenades? That doesn't help your strafe. That's for grenades skill.

So you're saying it does not give bonus to the grenades from Demolition? That sucks!
Anyway, not sure what other skill I would pick. I don't think SoJ rolls Strife.

EDIT: Oh crap, it can roll Strife. Damn! Well, when I checked those are out of my budget range :/
Edited by Spokoman#1433 on 12/7/2012 1:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
@spokoman
Its fairly cheap, as someone stated before aslong as you don't go for the max stat ones, but i picked up a ice soj with 3% strafe for a meager 700k this morning (it had 9 disc aswell). Then bought a nat chest piece with hatred regen + 3% strafe (tried to get the higher dex 7% strafe but missed the bidding timer). I don't have any issues with my discipline, its my hatred that seems to fluctuate. Just have to increase my dps to cure that I guess.
Edited by shoebox#1716 on 12/7/2012 1:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
Demolition is the rune for speed farming hands down. Even with my crit rate(65-70.5, depending on hellfire or rare ring I use), stinging steel barely does more damage than rocket fire(no ballistic), has worse proc coeff than both rocket fire and demolition.

Demolition does a bit lower damage to single target, even less if the grenades miss, but the whole point of strafe speed farming is to clear groups as you move through, SS and RF just doesn't do that.

I run MP1 with:
Hungering arrow - SoT
Strafe - Demolition
Vault - Acrobatic(I see myself switching to tumble if I had higher max Discipline)
Shadow power - Glide
Preparation - Punishment
Bat

Tactical advantage // Archery(hand xbow) // Night stalker
180k DPS // 22k Life // ~300 All Resist 420 Fire Resist
30 Discipline

Exp runs have never been easier and faster

Edit: If you're frustrated about mobs dodging your grenades, especially the fast melee ones, spin around them, they will not move and make a free target.

For ranges that tend to split themselves, clear trashes with demolition and use your favorite single target skill to pin them down.

Oh and empowered shrine is pure insanity with this build <3
Edited by izanami#1553 on 12/7/2012 1:54 PM PST
Reply Quote

60min divided by 8 minute runs = 7.5 runs/hr
7.5 runs/hr X 13mil exp per run = 97.5 mil exp/hr

Is it even possible to get 13mil xp in an alkaiser run? Do you add more zones to it? I've been clearing alkaiser runs hundreds of times and with all the xp booast except loeric and the most xp I've managed is 9mil.
Edited by Ruroshin#6644 on 12/7/2012 1:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
@ruroshin- its possible with regular alkhaizer route. Leoric signet gives 20%-30% mre exp per kill. With shrine bonus especially xp, speed, and resource gain it becomes even more achievable. On a good run with a couple of xp shrines and a leorics signet w/ 28%-30% exp u can even go over 13mil xp per run on the high average end.
Reply Quote
I am looking for some gearing advice for this build.

Been experimenting with strafe since I started focusing more on Plvl (my usual build is very tanky and I've imported a few pieces from it) and its done fine by me so far. I can complete a standard run in 10min but I want to push it further. I'm having some issues getting to 150k from 130k dps (while maintaining enough ehp/LoH to keep SP off my bar).

Currently using Rocket Storm. Scoundrel as follower (I have 9 hatred/sec without templar) 23yd pickup radius and I swap between Leorics to a SoJ for elites. I use RoV to blow up elite packs that come with crowds, and FoK as well to clear up trash. Punishment is on the bar because i do have a fair amount of IAS.

I'm shooting for a 8 min clear but i just don't know what the next gear moves would be...

Any advice would be appreciated
Reply Quote
12/07/2012 02:32 PMPosted by chinkjuice
@ruroshin- its possible with regular alkhaizer route. Leoric signet gives 20%-30% mre exp per kill. With shrine bonus especially xp, speed, and resource gain it becomes even more achievable. On a good run with a couple of xp shrines and a leorics signet w/ 28%-30% exp u can even go over 13mil xp per run on the high average end.

I'm at 147% xp already so with 30% from leoric that would only be a 20% gain and I would have to lose the SoJ to wear it so the runs would be a bit slower. Can you post a video of an 8min 13mil xp run and the type of stats required for it so that I can try and replicate it?
Reply Quote

I'm at 147% xp already so with 30% from leoric that would only be a 20% gain and I would have to lose the SoJ to wear it so the runs would be a bit slower. Can you post a video of an 8min 13mil xp run and the type of stats required for it so that I can try and replicate it?

he can't do that lol he's obviously bsing
Reply Quote
can someone list minimum gear requirement for this build?

Dps =
Crit chance =
Armor =
Health =
AR =
Pickup radius =
movement speed from gear =
Max disc from gear =
Hatred regen from gear =

Thank you
Reply Quote
i dunno about a min req for this build but i am currently using it with

Dps = 164k
Crit chance = 50-55 iono exactly lol
Armor = 3.6k
Health = 39k
AR = 260
Pickup radius = 0
movement speed from gear = 24
Max disc from gear = 18
Hatred regen from gear = 9.25 inc templar and bat

i can easily pull 60 mil exp/hr with my current stats. i wish i had pick up radius as i kno it would help alot
Reply Quote
Dps =I have 220k without steady aim and do mp1 really comfortably. I'd say at least 150k if you want efficiency.
Crit chance =50% for nigh stalker's proc
Armor =3.5k
Health =30k
AR =250-300
Pickup radius =0
movement speed from gear =20-25%
Max disc from gear =+10-15 or discipline regen
Hatred regen from gear =1.28 only, as long as you your have enough discipline for punishment and bat you'll be fine. I also use night bane which brings me up to 12-13 hatred per second.

As for passives night stalker and maybe vengeance if you think you need more resource regen.I chose to exclude steady aim for vengance since Im usually close to the enemy
Reply Quote
if we are using vengance, why not some pickup radius for health globes?

or you guys think its too excessive?

also a question in regards to cc.

if I have 44cc, but i get 14% for strafe cc.

does the 44 add to 14%?
Reply Quote
if we are using vengance, why not some pickup radius for health globes?

or you guys think its too excessive?

also a question in regards to cc.

if I have 44cc, but i get 14% for strafe cc.

does the 44 add to 14%?

A lot of people are adding pickup radius, 21 is preferred for max. Now of course this is mostly only viable at lower MP.

If you have 44 CC and +14 on gear, then you have 58CC to Strafe.
Reply Quote
Cold Strafe SOJ 29% / 6% CChttp://i.imgur.com/YYVkh.jpg

For Sale... expecting >50M offer.
Reply Quote
View profile
Can anybody give me advice on cheap upgrades to make this build more viable? I agree it's absolutely hilarious and awesome and a good change of pace, but my dps makes it nowhere near like the original video advertises. (I refuse to change my rings, and I know my manticore needs better gems, and my gold making is very very slow so try not to make suggestions that cost more than 1 mil)
Reply Quote
@snuggleform -- you can find cheap items like chest pieces (rare, legendary--inquistor etc, nat set) with hatred regen and strafe cc % on it for fairly cheap, gloves with pickup, bracers, belts, list goes on..for fairly cheap on the AH. If you wanna do 200kdps with 21pickup and have 450-500 resist all gear..then yeah..that 1mil limit won't do. I do my runs at mp1 with a 21y pickup, hatred regen 10.53 (templar follower+bat) and 47 disc pool. I lucked out and actually picked up this vile ward from a pug run in the keeps. Bought the SoJ for 700k yesterday, chestpiece for 800k i believe, gloves ( i have two i utilize, mp0 i use the 7ias+10cc, mp1 I use 8cc 60RA). Oh since this build, having a templar helps with resource regen so its nice to equip him with a azurewrath blade if you're running the Culling of the Weak passive (cold SoJ aswell).
Edited by shoebox#1716 on 12/9/2012 1:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Well my nat chest is pretty ideal, I think. I managed to get it for 150k because I think someone forgot to put another 0 at the end of their sellout price >_>

Any other specific advice based on my gear? I want to get to 100k dps first before aiming for something as ridic as 200k.

And oh crap, it still has me in goldskin gear, I promise it's not quite like that, have to wait until it updates.
Edited by Snuggleform#1967 on 12/9/2012 1:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
if you want to keep your cain set, and reach 100k dps..you'll have to spend some gold to upgrade your other non set pieces then. No way around that. Upgrade those gems in the cain set pants. Not sure if you gain more xp per hour using the cain set versus wearing your dps set and with just your hellfire ring (one on the follower aswell) and a 31% red helm gem. You'll just have to google that part, there are numerous threads about that setup..and cons/pros of it at mp0-1 xp farming.
Reply Quote
I've been loving Rain of Vengeance with the first rune. It costs no hatred or discipline and drops 700+ weapon damage around you for 12 seconds. Down time is 18 seconds. A great alternative to Fan of Knives for the extra dps. It really helps when you are hatred starved.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]