Diablo® III

Help me cheaply pad my diabloprogress stats

I am pretty happy with my gear right now. But unfortunately, diabloprogress and trade/general chatters do not appreciate my legacy nats/SOJ/lack of steady aim. Trolling trade/general chat is very important to me, but is difficult when the uneducated can simply respond "lol 190k dps gtfo". Trying to explain to them that my gear is actually pretty good rarely works and kills my trolling momentum.

So I have decided I must build a stat padding set as cheaply as possible to enhance my trolling experience.

I am thinking an Andariel's Visage with horrible fire damage should work well. But I cannot decide whether to go for socket, high AR, or high dex/vit. A Mempo would obv be too expensive. Thoughts?

I am also thinking of getting a decent nats chest for 1 mil or so and some weak nats boots for the 7 crit. A nat's reflection is just too expensive for this purpose.

Finally, I am thinking of getting 2 decent rare rings.

I would like to spend under 10 mil for all of this. I never intend to actually play in this horrible gear, so I want to keep it cheap. I have no interest in how this new gear will work in battle. I only want to pad my stats when I am not actually playing.

Thanks for any advice on this important matter!
Reply Quote
Epeen Gear:

Andy's Helm
3 socket Beckon Sail
Zunimassa Boots
Unity Ring

That will jack your deeps up.
Reply Quote
Is this thread for real? You want gear solely for stroking epeen? If you are sincere, then I am just lost. WTF happened playing games just to have fun and enjoy them?
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 12:29 PMPosted by hellmonkey
Is this thread for real? You want gear solely for stroking epeen? If you are sincere, then I am just lost. WTF happened playing games just to have fun and enjoy them?

Tell it to all the e-peeners who flaunt their virtual pvp rankings on a game mode that doesn't exist. Dude it's all nerd rage up in this piece, nerds may be more competitive than jocks because they take all this stuff personally instead of sport or gamesmanship and all contain a disillusionment that they are all the "best". Nothing wrong with girthing up the old e-peen if its for the sport of good old fashioned trolling.
Reply Quote
This is exactly why I stay out of public games and play either solo or with friends, and not just D3, but all of my video games.
Reply Quote
Agreed. I run with the same folks, I never minded public games before as it was a real good indicator of how good your char was when you had to carry 3 others through a game ;) but now since public games can only be MP0 it's kind of pointless. General chat though which is what the OP is speaking of is great source of finding free Uber portals though as alot of under geared folks are looking for assistance.
Reply Quote
Epic thread
Reply Quote
If someone is loling at your unbuffed DPS when you are A) wearing a Stone of Jordan and B) wearing legacy Nats, do you really want to play with those people anyway?
Edited by Kadderly#1572 on 12/3/2012 1:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Kadderly
If someone is loling at your unbuffed DPS when you are A) wearing a Stone of Jordan and B) wearing legacy Nats, do you really want to play with those people anyway?

I don't think its seriously like a LOL situation. I was in general last night looking to mooch a few portals and a guy posted up for a group. I joined and the two barbs he signed up were all like ha 200k dps , my barb does 100k thats like a DH doing 250 k. I laughed it off and I also didn't die once during the whole uber run except once where I was still alive on Ghom and the other 3 were yelling at me to die so we could start over. Its basically troll central in chat on game, I personally only go there to find free stuff and stupid people but it does have its usefulness.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Ghostboner

I don't think its seriously like a LOL situation. I was in general last night looking to mooch a few portals and a guy posted up for a group. I joined and the two barbs he signed up were all like ha 200k dps , my barb does 100k thats like a DH doing 250 k. I laughed it off and I also didn't die once during the whole uber run except once where I was still alive on Ghom and the other 3 were yelling at me to die so we could start over. Its basically troll central in chat on game, I personally only go there to find free stuff and stupid people but it does have its usefulness.

Ahh I see. I normally just play with the same people for uber runs, I've had general chat turned of forever and never realized how bad it was. That's funny a barb at 100k DPS thinks that equals a 250k dps DH. haha
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Ghostboner

Tell it to all the e-peeners who flaunt their virtual pvp rankings on a game mode that doesn't exist. Dude it's all nerd rage up in this piece, nerds may be more competitive than jocks because they take all this stuff personally instead of sport or gamesmanship and all contain a disillusionment that they are all the "best". Nothing wrong with girthing up the old e-peen if its for the sport of good old fashioned trolling.

Exactly. I've been thinking about the pvp dummy scores and it's based on calculations if the char was just standing still blasting dps away. How is that helpful on actual gameplay? Nobody will just stand still when they play pvp lol.
Reply Quote
@ OP

11/10 would read again!
Reply Quote
apparently plvl 100 and 58k elite kills means nothing in trade chat.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 04:07 PMPosted by phoking
apparently plvl 100 and 58k elite kills means nothing in trade chat.

It means you farmed too much and played AH tycoon very little. Too little.
Reply Quote
well....we legacy nats can't exactly die in uber boss as the unlimited vault = 100% dodging stay out of range if we wish to. But yeah...I laugh at people that think my 180k dps nat legacy DH can't just boost up dps to 260k just by switching helm, armor, and to new nat set.

Non legacy DH player will not understand that unlimited vault is the perfect kiting method. They just using their logic if they can't stand and fight, they did not deserve to play there and need more credit card
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Zamindar
Epic thread

This.
Reply Quote
There is nothing wrong with a purely epeen character. I have my DH and monk to play with, then I have my trophy-barb for my epeen on diabloprogress. He has an incredible amount of EHP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]