Diablo® III

12% life steal for Barbs

Hey bros out there, understand that some of you guys are struggling to break that 200k DPS barrier, so here's what i did.

Im a typical WW barb, and the situation i had previously was maximizing AS and DPS (around 170k unbuffed) on all pieces as far as i could, with 2.8% (MH) + 2.8% (OH) + 3% (Bloodthirst) = 8.6% life steal, using a witching hour. That worked fine in 1.05, except that after 1.06 came out, it seems that creeps are hitting harder, and RD was buffed up a notch. This made me die more often than not in MP8.

As such, i changed my witching hour for an IK belt with 2.8% life steal (not reflected in profile yet). To my amazement, i could WW in 4-5 arcane beams + molten + plague with no problem (total life steal of 11.4%). I had to sacrifice a little DPS and AS though, so now standing at about 147k DPS unbuffed. AR was boosted to a range of 700-800 with IK belt.

Anyone could share an alternative method, or comment on mine to make it better?

PS: Noted that ideally 6% life steal is fine for high DPS chars, but i just don't wanna spend another 200m-300m for DPS.
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
LoH is still good. get it on blackthorns and something else. id say 6% life steal and 700 LoH could keep you alive in mp10 with a little over 100k dps 2.0 attacks per second 650 all res 6500 armor.
Reply Quote
looks like u need more vit
Reply Quote
Yeah i hate it that my vit is so freaking low.
Might switch to a higher vit Inna's pants, and the IK armour is due for an overhaul.
Reply Quote
I do MP10 Ubers with 2.9ls belt, 900loh and 3.0 ls from Bloodthirst.
Reply Quote
I die from time to time on mp 8 too. It happens. You could pick up a 170 vit wep with a socket and LS for 100m. Put str gems in your gear. That would be one of the better upgrades for you.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 07:42 PMPosted by MASKOAA
I do MP10 Ubers with 2.9ls belt, 900loh and 3.0 ls from Bloodthirst.

That offhand... damn
Reply Quote
If this is for ubers just respec to hotarend.

For farming/key runs, only issues I see is low life as mentioned above.

If I just swap out hellfire for litany I have no issues spinning on mp10 with lower dps and healing than you. No defensive passives either (I use No Escape+Throwing Hammer), just impunity.
Reply Quote
rend fixed all my healing need, all i needed was make sure the pack of mobs got a curse on their head and i am good
Reply Quote
^^ that. i dropped warcry for rend.. its much better for surviving.
Reply Quote
no point in getting more lifesteal and sacrificing dps.

better to get an EF or something with more dps and no lifesteal for the same price than having too much lifesteal. 6% is sufficient for really high dps, the passive gives you 9, which is sufficient for even average dps. low dps and you should be looking at loh any way.
Reply Quote
If i go with rend, nothing seems to kill me easily even mp10.
5.4%LS works fine for me. Currently farming only mp6-7.
Reply Quote
12% LS is redundant. Something like 6% LS + 700 LOH is optimal since LOH works against health link.

And yes, witching hour is for the bad. Real men use IK belt.
Edited by yuench#3554 on 12/3/2012 9:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
@yuench lol wtf is up with your hellfire
Reply Quote
12% LS might be slightly overkill, I opted to go for an armor passive instead of bloodthirst passive so I'd have high armor as well as resists (yeah, I don't like dying). This barb dies once every 20+ ubers10 runs, have finished many of the fights after the other 3 people have died.

Your setup looks like it should be able to sustain against constant damage fine, but as has been pointed out, you might look to bump your HP by a bit so you have a bit of a buffer against burst damage (SK cleave + maghda butterflies + arcane hitting at the same time).
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 09:18 PMPosted by Beeotch

lol I know it is kinda screwed. Maybe you can show yours :p
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 11:55 PMPosted by yuench

make more ubars, silly!
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 11:55 PMPosted by yuench

best one ive ever made was a vitality ring which u can see my scoundrel uses in my profile.
Reply Quote

best one ive ever made was a vitality ring which u can see my scoundrel uses in my profile.

nice ring. but i would prefer my follower to be a mf/gf/exp stick. survivability shouldnt be a problem at our level. you may refer to my enchantress.
Edited by yuench#3554 on 12/4/2012 5:25 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]