Diablo® III

We need a unclick button

Wasn't there a button in Diablo 2 that you could press, and as long as you pressed, you couldn't click to attack creatures, and you'd run past them? We need something like that in Diablo 3, because I'm sick of being caught in crap, and trying to click to move out of it, only to stand still and attack something I swear I didn't click on.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
There is a "Move" keybind option within Diablo 3's Keybind Preferences panel. You can assign it to any mouse button not already assigned to an action bar skill or the left/right mouse click options, as well as any key on the keyboard that isn't permanently cemented in place by the keybind system (examples of such excluded keys include TAB and ESC).

Reply Quote
I suggest setting move to space. I'm pretty sure space normally just closes all windows. Not that useful, escape does the same **** thing. It's really really handy. I also wouldn't mind Blizzard making the click boxes on their creatures less than 10-20x the size of the actual creature... but that's a slightly different story.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
It sounds like keybinding "Move" is what you are looking for. You can find it by hitting Esc in game and going to Options > Key Bindings > Move. I hope that helps. :)
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 11:13 PMPosted by Guybrush
I suggest setting move to space. I'm pretty sure space normally just closes all windows. Not that useful, escape does the same **** thing. It's really really handy. I also wouldn't mind Blizzard making the click boxes on their creatures less than 10-20x the size of the actual creature... but that's a slightly different story.

Cool, I'll try that then.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
12/03/2012 11:20 PMPosted by Grimiku
It sounds like keybinding "Move" is what you are looking for. You can find it by hitting Esc in game and going to Options > Key Bindings > Move. I hope that helps. :)

/combs the Yeti's fur

Reply Quote
Once you have bind move to spacebar u will never revert back to mouse ;)
Reply Quote
Barb > that way.
Reply Quote

already seen it, doesn't like it...

What i'd like to do is left clicking moove only. With the actual configuration, i'm mixing up things when i want to do kitting, sometime mooving on the mobs and firing the other way...
(edit : i mean i mixed up things when using a moove short-key

Can you take this in considérations ? Putting the left button spell on a configurable short-key ? that way, i'll have my spells on azert (yes i use azerty key board) + right click.

i don't see why we have the restriction left click = moove and spell, whatever you want to do.
Edited by Lycia#2229 on 12/5/2012 3:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
What you can do is to put a non-attack spell on the left-mouse button.

For example, as my main is a Witch Doctor, I can put gargantuan on my left-mouse button.

I then always move when I click on the screen.

If I do need to summon my gargantuan, I use shift-left click.

BTW, I don't use this. I tried it and I prefer to click madly on stuff.
Reply Quote
I bind move to middle mouse button. its far more natural that way.
Reply Quote

Now if only we could bind our left or right mouse button to perform this action, sadly we can't as some one thought it would be a good idea to prevent the player from deciding how to bind he's controls.

I really wonder who decided that in this day and age with 10+ button mice, game pads and gaming keyboards, whom ever he is I'd love for him to explain the logic behind it as it's one of the worst design decisions I seen in modern games.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 05:28 AMPosted by chrisloup
I bind move to middle mouse button. its far more natural that way.

I wanna do this but my middle mouse button doesn't work for some unknown reason (doesn't work in browsers either). It's a pain trying to bind the "cancel text" button to something else, and it won't let me bind it to left control, and no, there is nothing else bound to it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]