the responses to my earlier thread on 'CM Wiz to own PvP' (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199964189) got me thinking good and i agree with the majority of you guys that CM/WW wizards is perhaps the worst build in a PvP game.
Therefore, i would like to kick-start a new thread suggesting viable builds in the upcoming (hopefully in the near future) PvP mode.
A few of you pointed out that kiting may be the next big thing for PvP. i agree. Now assuming its a PvP arena mode, this is my build:
1) Magic Missile - Seeker: i think this is the best kiting skill. Combo with Temporal Flux. Its equivalent to a homing missile firing at our enemies and slowing them down at the same time. They have nowhere to run nor hide.
2) Teleport - Fracture: Combo with illusionist. An escape spell that creates more diversion to ensure greater survivability
3) Blizzard - Stark Winter: an AOE spell that is used to slow enemies down while covering a greater area.
4) Hydra - Venom Hydra: i think Venom Hydra will be back in action again. It's poison damage over time rocks.
5) Magic Weapon - Force Weapon: Used as a dps booster. The knockback is a bonus.
6) Energy Armor - Force armor: Used for survivability purposes. Works in tandem with illusionist and Fracture.
IMO, this build is to ensure greater survivability in a battle. I'm sure there are other more offensive builds out there but im pre-empting a likely scenario where the wizard will always be the first target whenever a PvP battle starts.
What do you guys think?
And do share your viable builds too!
Have a great day! :)
The list of suggested Must-haves:
1) Magic Missile - Seeker
2) Storm Armor - Thunderstorm
3) Slow Time - Miasma?