Diablo® III

Wizard Guide for PvP [a prelude]

12/04/2012 08:13 AMPosted by Kelmort
I doubt slowtime will be the snare everyone is looking for. Just think about uber fight with Zolkun. Jump out of it, teleporte out of it, Vault of it, Spirit walk out of it, that leave monk. But the monk I know have like 550k EHP with !@#$ty gear lol.

Well... if you stay inside it there's no way for people to just avoid it while trying to hit you... unless they're already using skills that don't care about it AND doesn't need to be close to you...
my plan with it is cast Slow Time and stay there shooting stuff... if people want to hit me while this is up, they have no choice other than firing projectiles against it or going inside it.

My plan is just to be able to stay put firing seeker missiles and waiting for my storm armor to shock people not leaving it there to be avoided... lol.

Could not work....
but... well, we have no idea of what will work in pvp... haha

Sounds like a suicide mission once dodged/failed lol

Yes.

pretty stupid for PvP if you ask me... but can net the fastest Elite kills in the whole game... lol.
I get criticals over 5 million damage easily with Arcane destruction....
it 1shots most elite groups in low MP.
Reply Quote

pretty stupid for PvP if you ask me... but can net the fastest Elite kills in the whole game... lol.

I don't care if it only works 1/10 times....I wanna do this to another player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDskPGT-Sho&list=UL
Reply Quote

Oo... 23 million crit?!
I got 8 million with 2 handed weapon, about 500% critical hit damage and every buff I could manage.... are you the guy in this vid?

that's impressive... lol.

I'm sure you'll be able to kill some players like this... I'll try to just for the lulz.
Edited by seilaoque#1726 on 12/4/2012 9:50 AM PST
Reply Quote

Oo... 23 million crit?!
I got 8 million with 2 handed weapon, about 500% critical hit damage and every buff I could manage.... are you the guy in this vid?

I'm sure you'll be able to kill some players like this... I'll try to just for the lulz.

WTS. but more imptly, did u see the 3billion CHD from arcane destruction? im speechless
Reply Quote
Well... if you stay inside it there's no way for people to just avoid it while trying to hit you... unless they're already using skills that don't care about it AND doesn't need to be close to you...
my plan with it is cast Slow Time and stay there shooting stuff... if people want to hit me while this is up, they have no choice other than firing projectiles against it or going inside it.

My plan is just to be able to stay put firing seeker missiles and waiting for my storm armor to shock people not leaving it there to be avoided... lol.

hmm, good idea. might work as well. So i guess you will be using the Stretch Time rune?
Reply Quote
I am not sharing my PVP build at all with you guys!!!! lol.
Reply Quote
Here is where I have been with my PvP theory.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#aQOhdk!dZf!ccYbZb

Mouse 1=MM-Seeker......Doge that mofo'
Mouse 2=TP-Calamity.....Damage and a life saver depending.
1=EA-FA..............To save you from the big hits.
2=EB-Short Fuse..Instant no animation damage when they get close.
3=WoF - Force Affinity. Knock back enemies and projectiles with damage.
4=MI-Mocking Demise...Distraction,Damage and Stun? Yes please.

Passives.
Illusionist...Insta reset on TP and MI.
Blur....Melee is going to be an issue I think.
Galvanizing Ward....Longer Armor and L/s.

I think that when it comes to PvP I will most definitely be using a Shield, Helm of Command and a Lantern all for more block chance. On top of this I feel a L/s of approximately 2500 will be paramount...in conjunction with lower Health (maybe 20k max?) to keep the EA-FA effective.

I may be totally off base but this is all theory crafting anyways.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 01:05 AMPosted by Gendehar
I think that when it comes to PvP I will most definitely be using a Shield, Helm of Command and a Lantern all for more block chance. On top of this I feel a L/s of approximately 2500 will be paramount...in conjunction with lower Health (maybe 20k max?) to keep the EA-FA effective.

Here is what you will to contend with baring limitations on damage reduction from pvp play.

Instant 100% critical hit chance + 100% critical hit damage strafe users, 700% weapon damage invulnerability lingering fog+ 300% stackable trail of cinders 4 piece nat's users, 11 seconds of full immunity with a 1.5 second delay before refresh begins monks with a teleport to melee skill, permanent immunity to all forms of cc as long as they can attack you, 3500 intelligence single skill zombie wall spam+ aoe bears if you get too close, and finally instant teleport on top and cast archon arcane destruction for 1600% weapon damage.

All those skills at 250k dps will straight up chew through any shield you could equip. Only way to stop those skills from being instant gibs is through Force armor and super high hp. Also don't expect anyone to ever stand still so wormhole to reset the engagement will always be must in my book.
Edited by Harrowing#1449 on 12/5/2012 3:59 AM PST
Reply Quote

Oo... 23 million crit?!

WTS. but more imptly, did u see the 3billion CHD from arcane destruction? im speechless

3 billion is actually not more impressive than the 23 million...
3 billion was done with Sever and that "Slain monsters rest in pieces" proc.

Sever makes very large criticals to pop up when the monster was gonna be killed either way.

If you get a sever and kill a monster with Arcane destruction, even without proper preparation and average gear, you'll see tens of million damage criticals in a regular basis.

That guy deals 23 million damage criticals normally....
it's likely the same build and gear used for both, but one of them with a high damage sever... lol.
Edited by seilaoque#1726 on 12/5/2012 4:11 AM PST
Reply Quote

3 billion is actually not more impressive than the 23 million...
3 billion was done with Sever and that "Slain monsters rest in pieces" proc.

Sever makes very large criticals to pop up when the monster was gonna be killed either way.

If you get a sever and kill a monster with Arcane destruction, even without proper preparation and average gear, you'll see tens of million damage criticals in a regular basis.

That guy deals 23 million damage criticals normally....
it's likely the same build and gear used for both, but one of them with a high damage sever... lol.

Yup, I used a sever for the 3 bil (even though it's s slain in pieces proc I've still not seen anyone produce a higher one)

And for the 23 mil it was a simple 2hander

wtb overawe monk partner
Edited by BDF#1838 on 12/5/2012 4:32 AM PST
Reply Quote

Yup, I used a sever for the 3 bil (even though it's s slain in pieces proc I've still not seen anyone produce a higher one)

And for the 23 mil it was a simple 2hander

wtb overawe monk partner

I have not seen anyone get even close to 3 billion damage also...
what I said was that is was no more impressive than that 23 million one... not that it wasn't impressive.... because well... it is. lol
Reply Quote
GUYS what happened to the first 2 rules of wizard club?

this thread is going to get us nerfed 4 patches before pvp even comes out
Reply Quote
GUYS what happened to the first 2 rules of wizard club?

this thread is going to get us nerfed 4 patches before pvp even comes out

Nah if anything it will make blizzard look at the complete difference of classes and style play and find out that there are some serious gaping holes in the wizard class.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 03:58 AMPosted by Harrowing

Here is what you will to contend with baring limitations on damage reduction from pvp play.

Instant 100% critical hit chance + 100% critical hit damage strafe users, 700% weapon damage invulnerability lingering fog+ 300% stackable trail of cinders 4 piece nat's users, 11 seconds of full immunity with a 1.5 second delay before refresh begins monks with a teleport to melee skill, permanent immunity to all forms of cc as long as they can attack you, 3500 intelligence single skill zombie wall spam+ aoe bears if you get too close, and finally instant teleport on top and cast archon arcane destruction for 1600% weapon damage.

All those skills at 250k dps will straight up chew through any shield you could equip. Only way to stop those skills from being instant gibs is through Force armor and super high hp. Also don't expect anyone to ever stand still so wormhole to reset the engagement will always be must in my book.

I agree that there are definite issues with PvP and some of the disparity between damage mitigation and damage output. Hence I feel EA-FA is a must with high life regen. Of course you are going to have to have high armor, res all and on top of all that I am thinking it may be worthwhile to stack dex as a secondary stat over vitality in my particular case.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]