Diablo® III

[1]Uberjager's thread on Ubergearing WW Barbs

......THAT barb!? the male? only cost 1m? is that a typo? and it can do mp10? ....dont u lie to me :P

DAMNIT! the decimal strikes again. mis-read. though you had 294k dps lol (i suck)

29k sounds like something you could get for 1m..... but still mp10? id have to see a vid, cuz frankly not to call you a liar, i just dont believe u

It hits 75k buffed with WoTB + Battle rage. I don't have a vid, but I could take some screenies :3

Take note that mp10 is subjective. It does fine in A1. Perfect even.

For A3 I mainly stick to keeps because of the mob damage values and mob concentrations.

@all:

First section is... 1/8th in.

OMGWTFQQ.

Long night ahead.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 11/23/2012 6:46 AM PST
11/23/2012 05:45 AMPosted by Uberjager
I will teach you the secrets of what you need to know to make your build awesome and CHEAP (CHEAP! This is the most important point of all). And as proof you may look at my male barb. That barb, can do MP10.

Maybe that barb can dance around and kite and be extremely careful with engagements and kill a monster a minute, but I wouldn't call that "doing MP10". I am impressed that you hit 400k EHP and 32k DPS with only 1 mil, but don't lead people to believe this is realistic for MP10.
Just a question about your build (I am very impressed with your gear by the way). On second barb, do you see the effects of the 25% increase in damage at max fury much? I can't seem to keep it up that high long enough, at least if I'm not in the middle of a massive pack.

Pretty cool that you're taking the time to do this though, I saw a monk one the other day, though it was about 2 pages long :P

Was theorycrafting with Dakkon on that.

Yes, its great. Has pretty high uptime on it. However the way it functions with the WW build I kinda prefer brawler atm.

Also Beserker rage requires you to micromanage like !@#$. Brawler usage is more technique based, in some sense, more fun.
11/23/2012 06:48 AMPosted by VeePow
I will teach you the secrets of what you need to know to make your build awesome and CHEAP (CHEAP! This is the most important point of all). And as proof you may look at my male barb. That barb, can do MP10.

Maybe that barb can dance around and kite and be extremely careful with engagements and kill a monster a minute, but I wouldn't call that "doing MP10". I am impressed that you hit 400k EHP and 32k DPS with only 1 mil, but don't lead people to believe this is realistic for MP10.

I could party you and show you if you want. :O

But yeah. Let me finish section one first :(

Or at least half of it.
with that kinda DPS i'd fall asleep even before keeping myself alive in mp10
Edited by Gawdzilla#1218 on 11/23/2012 6:59 AM PST
Generally when you do this you have it all written and you just copy/paste the information into the new posts once you've reserved them. Are you writing all of this for the first time, now?
I see that you've answered my request from the other thread Uber. Thanks for taking the time. It's always good to see people talking about their different views and takes on builds.
Edited by Ravlaor#1393 on 11/23/2012 7:15 AM PST
11/23/2012 06:48 AMPosted by VeePow

... yep.
11/23/2012 07:12 AMPosted by Soh

... yep.

It goes balls deep into mobs :(

It's not a "kiting setup"
i dun think uber means his 1m male barb can faceroll mp10

I think the hes trying to bring the point that 1m budget can get you gd gear sets.

its always nice to see pros share info and their insight.
rgdless of right or wrong, more info is always better than less
Edited by griever83#6815 on 11/23/2012 7:45 AM PST
11/23/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Uberjager
I could party you and show you if you want. :O

Yes, I'll be back home tomorrow and I'll add you. I actually want this to work well because I have a few barb friends who need more gearing help than my budget can offer. I've never considered low resist, low DPS, high LS to be viable - I'd be happy if you proved me wrong.

... yep.

I'm sure crushing advance helps with this, but I think the point was that you're not killing anything anywhere near a 'reasonable' amount of time in MP10 and mob types have a (significant) impact on your survivability. I'd be interested to know how often you die, etc. I'm not saying you couldn't eventually kill stuff (although you certainly couldn't kill ubers- probably not even in MP5 or 6 for ZK/SB) but you need to put this in context.

I was just a bit disappointed, I was hoping to read effective dps calculations (since you claimed diabloprogress was wrong.) :)

I'm sure crushing advance helps with this, but I think the point was that you're not killing anything anywhere near a 'reasonable' amount of time in MP10 and mob types have a (significant) impact on your survivability. I'd be interested to know how often you die, etc. I'm not saying you couldn't eventually kill stuff (although you certainly couldn't kill ubers- probably not even in MP5 or 6 for ZK/SB) but you need to put this in context.

I was just a bit disappointed, I was hoping to read effective dps calculations (since you claimed diabloprogress was wrong.) :)

Give me time :(

I'm only at optimizing dps (section 2D)
Nice read so far. I remember you as the guy who was leveling paragon experience only with the double Leoric's and double Hellfire rings.

I'd like to ask you about your use of an axe for your mainhand. I also use an echoing fury offhand, but when I looked at the numbers I couldn't justify the use of an axe over a mace on the mainhand. My reasoning was that to unlock the next tick rate for the mainhand, it would take 2 additional IAS items to hit it. However, at that point you could get a third additional IAS item to unlock the next breakpoint for both hands, at which point a mace would again be better for its higher weapon damage while ticking at the same speed. What are your thoughts on this issue? Are you using the butcher sickle for its proc?

Anyhow, I look forward to reading the rest of your guide.
^Guy knows his stuff.
Nice read so far. I remember you as the guy who was leveling paragon experience only with the double Leoric's and double Hellfire rings.

I'd like to ask you about your use of an axe for your mainhand. I also use an echoing fury offhand, but when I looked at the numbers I couldn't justify the use of an axe over a mace on the mainhand. My reasoning was that to unlock the next tick rate for the mainhand, it would take 2 additional IAS items to hit it. However, at that point you could get a third additional IAS item to unlock the next breakpoint for both hands, at which point a mace would again be better for its higher weapon damage while ticking at the same speed. What are your thoughts on this issue? Are you using the butcher sickle for its proc?

Anyhow, I look forward to reading the rest of your guide.

The only reason for me using the sickle on my MH was that it was cheap. >.>

If I could get a 1200 dps mace with similar stats I'd take that any day.
Tagging for later. Thanks Uberjager.
1) rmah
2) play 8hrs a day
3) ???
4) post useless threads of d3 forums

Yeah I do RMAH.

Made 2000 USD off it so far.

trolololololol.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]