Diablo® III

[1]Uberjager's thread on Ubergearing WW Barbs

11/23/2012 12:52 PMPosted by bloodmut
appreciate this thread...what do you think i should upgrade? have 34m to spend

I'll try to answer this while you wait for OP to get back to you.

You're quite a bit short on EHP and life sustain, so I'd wager that's the best upgrade path given that your DPS is enough for whatever you'd be killing.

Vit innas (or better yet, blackthorne pants), vit gems, new mh with lifesteal/loh, gloves with vit/ar, cheap litany ring for ar/vit/str/crit/elite, changing Bloodthirst passive to Superstition.

I'm sure any specifics will be answerable by OP, and that I've probably overlooked a few things.

Hope that helps nonetheless.
Lol, MP10 I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Thanks Op for the laughs! :)
I'd be surprised if his barb can kill effectively in mp3
11/23/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Atra
WW Barbs are boring, not fun at all to play you forgot to put that in your guide. There's other builds that are a lot more enjoyable and farm just as fast if not faster.

To each his/her own, imo.

You certainly can't take your current build into mp9/10 for key farming / ubers and expect to have an easy time, regardless of gear. No rend, lack of fury sustain, sub-30k life, etc.; please understand that we like to play builds that are effective. There are only a handful of solid builds possible due to skill synergies and unchangeable constants, such as dealing with mob CC, hit recovery factors for 2h builds, and the like.

I'm in mp9 lol'ing at you right now.

To each his/her own, imo.

You certainly can't take your current build into mp9/10 for key farming / ubers and expect to have an easy time, regardless of gear. No rend, lack of fury sustain, sub-30k life, etc.; please understand that we like to play builds that are effective. There are only a handful of solid builds possible due to skill synergies and unchangeable constants, such as dealing with mob CC, hit recovery factors for 2h builds, and the like.

Thanks for the thoughtful response. I see you just came to troll, lol.

Edit: The point is that you can do mp9 with an ineffective build, but there's quite a difference between our clearing speed and survivability. zzz
Edited by Atra#1150 on 11/23/2012 2:04 PM PST

Edit: The point is that you can do mp9 with an ineffective build, but there's quite a difference between our clearing speed and survivability. zzz

Just because you bought a bunch of crap gear on the RMAH and REQUIRE a build that returns constant life for you to stay alive doesn't mean everyone else has to. WW Barb spec is designed for nubs period. Of course I change a few synergies for higher mp but the spirit of the build stays the same. I mock you and all WW Barbarians and assure you I farm faster than any of you.
11/23/2012 01:39 PMPosted by Sputnik
Lol, MP10 I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Thanks Op for the laughs! :)

11/23/2012 01:41 PMPosted by bracer028

He geared the barb with 1,000,000g. It's able to survive MP10 and eventually kill things. He's obviously doing slower clears, but 70-80k buffed isn't that terrible for 1m. I don't see the point in coming into a thread just to provoke the OP when neither of you are geared much at all. Seems a little childish, imo.

Just because you bought a bunch of crap gear on the RMAH and REQUIRE a build that returns constant life for you to stay alive doesn't mean everyone else has to. WW Barb spec is designed for nubs period. Of course I change a few synergies for higher mp but the spirit of the build stays the same. I mock you and all WW Barbarians and assure you I farm faster than any of you.

Oh man, lol. Crap gear? RMAH? Require? I don't get what evidence supports this, since it's all evincible as wrong xfd.

WW spec is designed for people gearing into crit chance and attack speed, that's it. It's pretty ineffective with terrible amounts of either stat.

You're simply wrong about being faster, but I suppose that's falling on deaf ears.

Oh man, lol. Crap gear? RMAH? Require? I don't get what evidence supports this, since it's all evincible as wrong xfd.

WW spec is designed for people gearing into crit chance and attack speed, that's it. It's pretty ineffective with terrible amounts of either stat.

You're simply wrong about being faster, but I suppose that's falling on deaf ears.

I used to think like you. Then I left the WW Barbarian bubble.

I used to think like you. Then I left the WW Barbarian bubble.

I use a few different builds for mp8-10 depending on my mood at the time and the purpose:

• PL Farming
  • http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#fhQURP!ZYf!ZZZZYc

• Ubers build as carry
  • http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WZQcRP!ZYe!YZZZYc

• Group Ubers and key runs build, meta WW
  • http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ahQURP!ZYe!bZZZYc

• Alternate Ubers and key runs build
  • http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ZhYURP!ZYe!ZZZZYc
Interesting read. I was planning on getting 5 IK items. still need stride, triumph and eternal reign. They would cost more than 1m...should i hold off and concentrate on something else?

BTW I have 700+ AR and arcane and poison are still a PITA. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for the guide. Learned a ton! Looking forward to reading it all.
Of coarse that barb can do mp10, well he can WW in the middle of a large pack. My first nado barb was a million or maybe 2, 25k dps and never died. But thats not the goal, your female barb is the goal :) Rock on for a good guide so far.
Yeah, for sure, thanks to Uber for putting in work and doing a good guide!

I'm going for a more DW sans WW build myself but he put a lot of thought out and constructive work into his post. He also uses proper grammar. Get yourselves learned.
Good guide! I have been waiting for someone to come out and say that you can make a WW barb with a low budget that does well!

Now i havent gone much into the metagame, however i will say i have maybe invested 20-25 mil into the barb im using atm and i can farm up to mp5-6 pretty comfortably, although i do die if i am not cautious around reflect/desecrator/arcane mobs probably due to my lower sustain and dated gear with LOH instead of steal, and very low AR for doing the higher MPs.

Keep writing i am looking forward to seeing the rest of the guide so i can dive into those more subtle parts of the metagame that allow players to transition from "good" to "great/pro" at a game.
Posted by Sputnik

11/23/2012 01:41 PMPosted by bracer028

He geared the barb with 1,000,000g. It's able to survive MP10 and eventually kill things. He's obviously doing slower clears, but 70-80k buffed isn't that terrible for 1m. I don't see the point in coming into a thread just to provoke the OP when neither of you are geared much at all. Seems a little childish, imo.

I don't recall either of us saying how we can run MP10 also you just did the same thing we did lol so yeah i agree it does seem a little childish. :)

Also what does he do once the ubers get enraged when he is doing them? It seems like a bit of a stretch that the OP can do MP10 by himself. :)
Edited by Sputnik#1160 on 11/23/2012 3:29 PM PST
Thanks for the writings OP, looking forward to more posts.
Nice post! Keep'em coming! :D
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]