Diablo® III

[1]Uberjager's thread on Ubergearing WW Barbs

As others have said, you are a guy who knows his stuff. I used to have a lot of dex on my barb, and even would forgo vit for life% in some instances. I would tell people +10-30 Damage is better than 40+ minimum damage. Oh did people laugh....I hope this thread turns some heads.

HA, oh and to think people laughed at my offhand. "Lol, nice damage on that off hand. What did it cost...200k." Why yes sir, it did cost me 200k. How much is it worth now? More gold than you have...

Any who, thanks for the time and effort.

I think +40 min is indeed better than +10-30 damage.

Anyways, good thread. OP is very logical and rational, which is more than what I can say about most of this forum. Just ignore the trolls and flamers.
Guy's I know all of you have been clamoring for proof that the armor can do MP10.

I can't stream/make videos because I don't have a system good enough for that.

So I'll ask Wayneold to help me do that.

Wayne's a good player, so he should be doing the same if not better in those runs.

Edit: Also, I've been asleep. :P Timezones.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 11/23/2012 4:41 PM PST
Before I say anything I love people who love logic.

I think +40 min is indeed better than +10-30 damage.

Anyways, good thread. OP is very logical and rational, which is more than what I can say about most of this forum. Just ignore the trolls and flamers.

I thought the same...But then... Plus 40 minimum adds damage to the minimum you could do on that attack. Say you originally could do 50-100 damage, with 40+ minimum damage you do 90-100 per attack. But plus 10-30 damage adds damage to the average. Say you attacked 5 times 50-100, both the minimum and maximum get added 50+10-30-100+10-30.

Basically, each hit has a higher chance of hitting more on the minimum damage and the maximum damage with + average damage. Where as minimum or maximum damage only adds to either one respectively.

Actually AVG damage adds to your base weapon damage. I.e you have a 500-1000 damage range weapon for MH and a 300-800 weapon for OH

Letsay you add 50-100 from rings/ammy. That would buff your MH to 550-1100 and your OH from 350-900. Damage dealt per swing is after you add in all the damage multipliers, CC/CD/Str/% damage.

Speed of the swing is governed by attack % and +xx APS
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 11/23/2012 4:59 PM PST
My future Barb's gear minus a 200 str IK belt is on my Monk can someone tell me if thats a decent start and what MP I should be able to do? Or if I need to change anything?
Blizzard uses some very confusing wording, and they were supposed to have consolidated this + damage wording system in one of patches.

Anyways, I read somewhere that "+10-30 damage" is actually equivalent to "+10 min AND +20 max". If that is the case then +40 min would be better.

Even if it was true in your model "50+10-30 - 100+10-30", it would be equal to + 40 min. As 50+ 10-30 is just 50+(avg 20), and 100+ 10-30 is 100+(avg 20), which is basically +20 min AND max, equal to + 40 min.
Blizzard uses some very confusing wording, and they were supposed to have consolidated this + damage wording system in one of patches.

Anyways, I read somewhere that "+10-30 damage" is actually equivalent to "+10 min AND +20 max". If that is the case then +40 min would be better.

Even if it was true in your model "50+10-30 - 100+10-30", it would be equal to + 40 min. As 50+ 10-30 is just 50+(avg 20), and 100+ 10-30 is 100+(avg 20), which is basically +20 min AND max, equal to + 40 min.

On the contrary that isn't how it works.

If what you explained above is true then 10-30 would be a total increase of 10+20 damage with an average damage of 30/2 = 15.

But if you check the AH you'd realise that 10-30 = 20 average damage.

There is only one bug with the average damage formula however.

30-60. Sometimes an additional 30 minimum damage is factored into that but isn't shown.

So instead of its average damage being (30+60)/2 = 45. It's (30+(30+60)/2) = 75
Alright, so Uberjager lent me his gear to make a video in MP10, and while I will be the first to say that it is a very slow go as far as elite kills are, it is still incredible that he constructed an entire set of gear from 1 million gold that is capable of clearing the most difficult content in the game. Believe it or not, I only died once in this gear too to an unfortunately placed pack of fallen maniac's in the depths lvl 2, busted down the door, and got blown up sky high. Otherwise as the video's will show, it is capable of doing what he said. Tactically, I needed to have a steady stream of white mobs to keep myself healed, so you will notice me breaking off on occasion from fighting the elites to go for a full heal from a group of normal mobs. When your entire gear set costs 1/10th the price of a single slot of any other reasonably geared charecter though, you can't expect the world.

Keeps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKQumwwzkPE&feature=youtu.be

Crypt of the Ancients:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uiKzHNsP_s&feature=youtu.be
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 11/23/2012 6:24 PM PST
Alright, so Uberjager lent me his gear to make a video in MP10, and while I will be the first to say that it is a very slow go as far as elite kills are, it is still incredible that he constructed an entire set of gear from 1 million gold that is capable of clearing the most difficult content in the game. Believe it or not, I only died once in this gear too to an unfortunately placed pack of fallen maniac's in the depths lvl 2, busted down the door, and got blown up sky high. Otherwise as the video's will show, it is capable of doing what he said. Tactically, I needed to have a steady stream of white mobs to keep myself healed, so you will notice me breaking off on occasion from fighting the elites to go for a full heal from a group of normal mobs. When your entire gear set costs 1/10th the price of a single slot of any other reasonably geared charecter though, you can't expect the world.

Keeps:

Crypt of the Ancients:

You a baoss brah.

Keeps:

Crypt of the Ancients:

Nerf barbs. kthxbye
Appreciate the effort bro!

Keeps:

Crypt of the Ancients:

Nerf barbs. kthxbye

lololol :(

But you're a barb.
View profile
Hey thats pretty good! :)
all the best with the guide uber! cant wait to read the rest of it when it's ready
Keeping tabs.
Interesting
Aight. Gonna take a short break. Jesus.

D: So much typing.
Solid work Uber, you sir are a gentleman and a scholar!

Ignore the blatant trolls as they come and go =]
@uberjager

very informative thread, but there is no need to compare your build to other established builds. It's like saying medium rare steak is the only way to cook a steak, not everyone likes medium rare :)

I would be interested in what kind of gear set you can buy for doing mp5 key runs, with say a budget of 10 mill? With the goal being an efficient key run, efficient meaning less than 10 mins. I think that would be more useful than doing a VERY slow mp 10 clear.
11/23/2012 06:34 PMPosted by DAKKON
Nerf barbs. kthxbye

Don't nerf me bro
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]