Diablo® III

Minute long latency issue every 5 minutes.

I don't know what is going on, but it only started today. (have been playing hours on end for the past holiday weekend).

The problem is basically, every 3-6 minutes I get a lag spike that literally lasts for 1-2 minutes. (MS shoots up to 2k+, eventually). No spell is castable and nothing moves on screen. I can type for the first 20 seconds or so and then start getting errors for every message I try to send through. It's not a hardware issue, I can still move, FPS is high, everything on that note is in order. It's been going on all day, the game is literally unplayable. I tried resetting my computer, modem, and router, to no avail. Not that it would matter because my internet is still cruising just fine. I can browse webpages, download files, even get my full bandwidth from a speedtest during that time frame.

I don't know what is going on but the people I am playing with are not having the problem. I literally just lag, know im screwed, say so in chat. and wait approx 1-2 minutes until it comes back, revive and go at it again... but it is VERY consistent. Every 4-6 minutes I know it's going to happen and I'm going to die... it's become incredibly frustrating... is there something I can do to fix it...? This has been going on now for about 6 hours.
Reply Quote
So I played again late last night, no lag for about an hour session. Logged back on today about 2 hours ago, and yep, same thing all over again (took about 8 minutes to hit)... Obviously not everyone is having the same problem. I am under the impression there are multiple 'servers' that we connect to, is there a way to force a change to a different US server because whichever one I am on is pathetic ...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]