Diablo® III

How do you powerlevel?

I want to know how I should powerlevel my new character.

I know I should do bastion keep runs, but should I do it with my level 60 friend?

Will he gain all the exp or will I leach enough exp to make this more profitable (exp wise) than if I was just running alone?
Reply Quote
bump for info!
Reply Quote
cain set hellfire ring mp10 normal , nightmar e, hell ponies
Reply Quote
I'll rush you/power level you to lvl50 in ~2 hours for 10mil
Reply Quote
11/25/2012 09:47 PMPosted by Val
I'll rush you/power level you to lvl50 in ~2 hours for 10mil

I'm sure you would, but that doesn't my question : should you run with a level 60 or just by yourself?

I have a few friends who can powerlevel me, but none of us know if this will work or not.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
tempest rush mp1 A3 inf

no one can keep up
Reply Quote
tempest rush mp1 A3 inf

no one can keep up

From level 1 to 60, not paragons.
Edited by TheLaw#1237 on 11/25/2012 11:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
monk is also very fast 1 - 60.. but in any event we're talking about a single day for any class in the worst case.
Reply Quote
The short answer is no, you should not have other people help "power level" you if the level gap is wide. For example, if a level 10 player wants a level 60 help him glass through, the XP gain for the level 10 is heavily penalized for that very reason, to the point where its not worth it. It has been confirmed by Wilson himself that this penalty system exists, but Im not sure if any details as to how it scales has been posted
Edited by iammorrison#1319 on 11/25/2012 11:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
Unless you're looking for specific help, (ie if you want to do it on your own) I don't have much SPECIFIC data to tell you, having a max Paragon level of 10 on my guys and only reaching Act IV Inferno MP 0 so far.

What I can tell you is pay attention to what you're getting in an area versus the difficulty of the area. For example, the first couple areas of Act III have hundreds of monsters, but it's a "horde" area and they aren't worth much at all. Compare that to the monsters in the last third of the Act, which are in theory the same level but worth much more.

Beyond that, crank up your MP as high as you can BUT keep in mind that efficiency may bring in more XP/hour; weak monsters may be worth more over time than higher XP monsters that may take longer to kill.

1-60 isn't hard; try and get a few XP+ items and when you hit a brick wall, either buy/farm some stronger items or just repeat content.
Edited by Japhasca#1443 on 11/25/2012 11:56 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]