Diablo® III

Upgrading Belt

My current belt has decent vit + dex, only thing is it has no attk speed like Witching Hour, and no crit chance like Inna's.

So now I'm stuck between which of the two to get. On one hand, a witching hour with minimal dex and 9% attk speed gives me 10k dps increase, and on the other, an inna's with 120 dex and less life than my current, but more than the witching hour gives me roughly 7k dps (not counting the 130 dex bonus i'd get from having 2 of the set). The two pieces I'm looking at both sit at around 12-17mil.

Any ideas? I already only have 26k hp. If I lose the health from my current belt, I'll be lucky to even have 20k...
Reply Quote
Oh and I currently have about 26mil to spend. If anyone has any thoughts on better pieces of my gear to upgrade, suggestions are always welcomed.
Reply Quote
The innas will be much better in your budget. Get one with 80vit and as much dex as you can afford. Bad witching hours like the ones you are looking at are not as good as the set bonus you get from innas
Reply Quote
crit-chance on inna belt is a joke. it is a whopping 1% If that is your "deciding factor" between a Witching Hour Belt and Inna Belt then you are in deep trouble with your build as going with ASI/CD on a witching hour belt would way outperform the 1% CC. Now it is hit-n-miss as to whether that belt would out-perform a inna belt with you getting the +130 dex bonus.

Since you don't have the INNA Belt ... I'd go witching hour all the way. Problem many of us have is once you get used to the bonus dex of +130 from the inna set ... hard to go to witching unless you will want to pay a LOT for good dex one.

Interesting side-note seeing you with nat boots, inna pants and lacuni for 36% movement where the cap is 25%. I'm taking it you want the 7% CC nat bonus and the lacuni/inna ASI ... :)
Reply Quote
11/26/2012 03:10 AMPosted by BeerLeague
The innas will be much better in your budget. Get one with 80vit and as much dex as you can afford. Bad witching hours like the ones you are looking at are not as good as the set bonus you get from innas

True.

I actually was stupid enough to buy a decent WH (40M) thinking I'd gain dps over my Inna's belt but the set bonus isn't calculated (duh!), so the WH was a loss of about 1k dps. For your budget you'll get more dps from the Inna's belt and you'll be able to have more vitality than you could afford on a WH.

Having said that, I think the best end game option for those slots is WH belt, rare/DD pants, and then getting MS from Lacuni's. But that is way more expensive....
Reply Quote
crit-chance on inna belt is a joke. it is a whopping 1% If that is your "deciding factor" between a Witching Hour Belt and Inna Belt then you are in deep trouble with your build as going with ASI/CD on a witching hour belt would way outperform the 1% CC. Now it is hit-n-miss as to whether that belt would out-perform a inna belt with you getting the +130 dex bonus.

Since you don't have the INNA Belt ... I'd go witching hour all the way. Problem many of us have is once you get used to the bonus dex of +130 from the inna set ... hard to go to witching unless you will want to pay a LOT for good dex one.

Interesting side-note seeing you with nat boots, inna pants and lacuni for 36% movement where the cap is 25%. I'm taking it you want the 7% CC nat bonus and the lacuni/inna ASI ... :)

I disagree... on your budget. If you can round up 40M or so then you'll get comparable (but slightly less) dps from a WH which may be worth it since WH is really end game. Then you could switch your pants to a rare/DD and get some AR and Vit on your pants. Then get some Lacunis....
Reply Quote
Unless your budget is 150mil + innas will win every time...

EDIT: did the math for you an innas belt with 90 dex/75 vita/8% holy dmg

you would gain 10.7k dps and lose 2.3k life

EDIT 2: get rid of vile ward.... EVERYONE uses them but unless your spending 80+ mil a rare WILL be better EX theres a rare on the ah right now with 74 all resist 152dex and 116vitality its 1.2mil vs a similar vile ward 170 dex 120 vit 76 all resist for 30 mil.... is 18dex/4vit/2 all resist worth 28million... i think not.... Look at my shoulders I paid 7.5 mil.. find me a vile ward with these stats I dare you
Edited by stayfrosty#1206 on 11/26/2012 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
Why would you focus on your belt when you could get so much more dps from a new weapon? 26M is enough to get you a nice upgrade over your current bow and if you can add a couple more Mil, you can find some great offers. My friend picked up a 1030dps, 271 dex, 91% CHD 2O/S Manti for around 32M buyout last night so I would sit on that gold and wait for prices to drop a bit more.
Reply Quote

EDIT 2: get rid of vile ward.... EVERYONE uses them but unless your spending 80+ mil a rare WILL be better EX theres a rare on the ah right now with 74 all resist 152dex and 116vitality its 1.2mil vs a similar vile ward 170 dex 120 vit 76 all resist for 30 mil.... is 18dex/4vit/2 all resist worth 28million... i think not.... Look at my shoulders I paid 7.5 mil.. find me a vile ward with these stats I dare you

I found the vile ward and they were better than the ones I had, that's why I'm using them, but I hadn't thought about looking for new shoulders. Maybe I will go investigate that.

11/26/2012 11:58 AMPosted by TrippyHippy
Why would you focus on your belt when you could get so much more dps from a new weapon? 26M is enough to get you a nice upgrade over your current bow and if you can add a couple more Mil, you can find some great offers. My friend picked up a 1030dps, 271 dex, 91% CHD 2O/S Manti for around 32M buyout last night so I would sit on that gold and wait for prices to drop a bit more.

I got my manti for 1.2mil. My belt is a lot !@#$tier than my manti (in my opinion), which is why I'm trying to upgrade that first. I'm trying to spend less on upgrades right now until my dps is decent, and then just save up all my money for a pretty good manticore.

In response, I also figured Inna's would be a lot better given my budget. It's just my friend has been pushing for WH like crazy. Thanks for the feedback everyone. :)
Reply Quote
11/26/2012 10:51 AMPosted by BubbaGump

Got the nat boots because the ring is way too !@#$%^- expensive for a good one T_T...
Reply Quote
It makes no sense that you would go for a belt like Inna's or WH with your budget, that is why I brought up about the weapon. You are going to lose a ton of EHP using a WH unless you have a 100M+ budget and for Inna's, while it is great, the best you can get on your budget is around 120 dex and 60 vit which costs you that 11% life on your current belt. That's going to make you extremely fragile even in MP0.

There is so much of your gear that can be upgraded with that budget, stuff that would add EHP and DPS at the same time like your Vile Ward or Ammy. 9-10% CC on that ammy would give you an amazing dps bump and make your damage output much more effective.
Reply Quote
Yea I've also thought about the ammy, BUT I was told to try to find one with life on hit, CC, and avg damage, which... is sort of expensive. I think I'll check out the shoulders and just keep the rest of my money though.
Reply Quote
11/26/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Felie
Yea I've also thought about the ammy, BUT I was told to try to find one with life on hit, CC, and avg damage, which... is sort of expensive. I think I'll check out the shoulders and just keep the rest of my money though.

DO NOT get LoH on an ammy. It is for Monks not DH, Life Steal is far more effective because of the high DPS DH's have. Take that stat out and you should find something nice, mine cost around 30M and has very comparable stats to your current one only with 9.5% CC which is huge in terms of effective damage output.
Reply Quote

You can take a look at my vile ward---it does exist, just costs more, but for 7.5 mil and someone on a budget, def some really nice rare shoulders.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]