Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
I don't really agree with this. It would be nice however to have the game insta-pause in the event of a connection issue, and then disconnect after a period of time. I would play HC if it had some protection against server issues like this. But being able to get your gear back after death isn't really hardcore.
I like this idea.
Other easy to implement ideas:
1. Remove redundant stats. Chance to freeze, chill, immobilize and slow should just be one stat, not 4.
2. Remove class specific stats on weapons that don't make sense. Ex: Increase corpse spiders damage on crossbows.
3. Increase percentage for weapon bonus procs. Right now you get <5% chance to slow or whatever. It should be minimum 30% so you can count on that proc to be part of a build.
4. Don't lose NV stacks between acts.
5. Allow questless mode where you can WP between acts. People may be more likely to play acts besides act 3 if this was the case.
6. Be able to save builds. I switch between CMM/WW and archon often and it would be nice to save time by loading saved builds. This also may encourage build diversity since you can change back easily if you don't like the build you're trying out.
7. Increase run speed limit cap to 50%. Let people play how they want, fast v. slow.
>.> If they change anything with hardcore it should be that you don't lose the character but DO lose all the gear....
that idea is debatable ;-)
Personally, I prefer climbing the levels again rather than losing my gear. Leveling is fun with good gear while finding gear back when you've lost it all is a pita
That would destroy the purpose of playing hardcore. In fact the devs said it themselves that it would not be possible to get your items back. That is part of the reason you are playing hardcore. You are risking more than your character's life. You are risking his gear as well.
Remove crafting time (mostly for gems; I prefer that gems be craftable in batches and that you can skip tiers with the required mats, but that's harder to code).
MP Level on Public Games.
Increase Damage & Reduce HP at higher MP Levels. Game should be fun but dangerous, not safe and tedious.
Remove Move Speed cap.
Delete all useless affixes in the short term and then add/re-work them in the long.
Well of course its a design decision that they've made, but honestly I think that when you lose hundreds of hours of XP farmed, it's hardcore enough ;-)
In D2 you could get your stuff back and I think it was nice. It was just hardcore enough having to go through all the levels again ^^.
Now indeed it's just a vision of the game, you can disagree and Blizzard certainly can. But knowing that >50% deaths in HC (good players I mean) are caused by lags/disconnections, I don't know if that will keep players around for long.
At some point you just get fed up of going back to square 1.
Note though that I don't want to start a debate on this subject here, it was just one of my small ideas, if Blizzard don't agree then so be it, I'll keep on playing anyway (coz I'm hardcore like that :p).
So please just post ideas and don't debate too much around. We'll see if Blizzard takes note of anything in the future patches ^^
Edited by dSebastien#2675 on 11/26/2012 8:20 PM PST
Going back to my idea about statistics, it would be nice to also add per-realm ranking of the stats. For example, there could be different rankings (separate ones for sc & hc):
Edited by dSebastien#2675 on 11/26/2012 8:57 PM PST
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.