Diablo® III

Small/easy to implement D3 feature wish list

• possibility to get my stuff back when i die in HC
  • in-game stats (average xp per hour, current level xp %, paragon 100 xp %, etc etc etc. Example: http://dsebastien.net/d3FarmingXP/
Reply Quote
>.> If they change anything with hardcore it should be that you don't lose the character but DO lose all the gear....
Reply Quote

• I don't really agree with this. It would be nice however to have the game insta-pause in the event of a connection issue, and then disconnect after a period of time. I would play HC if it had some protection against server issues like this. But being able to get your gear back after death isn't really hardcore.

11/26/2012 11:36 AMPosted by dSebastien
  • in-game stats (average xp per hour, current level xp %, paragon 100 xp %, etc etc etc. Example: http://dsebastien.net/d3FarmingXP/

• I like this idea.

Other easy to implement ideas:
    1. Remove redundant stats. Chance to freeze, chill, immobilize and slow should just be one stat, not 4.
    2. Remove class specific stats on weapons that don't make sense. Ex: Increase corpse spiders damage on crossbows.
    3. Increase percentage for weapon bonus procs. Right now you get <5% chance to slow or whatever. It should be minimum 30% so you can count on that proc to be part of a build.
    4. Don't lose NV stacks between acts.
    5. Allow questless mode where you can WP between acts. People may be more likely to play acts besides act 3 if this was the case.
    6. Be able to save builds. I switch between CMM/WW and archon often and it would be nice to save time by loading saved builds. This also may encourage build diversity since you can change back easily if you don't like the build you're trying out.
    7. Increase run speed limit cap to 50%. Let people play how they want, fast v. slow.
    Reply Quote

• don't lose NV stacks when changing skills
    Reply Quote
    >.> If they change anything with hardcore it should be that you don't lose the character but DO lose all the gear....

that idea is debatable ;-)

Personally, I prefer climbing the levels again rather than losing my gear. Leveling is fun with good gear while finding gear back when you've lost it all is a pita
    Reply Quote
    View profile

That would destroy the purpose of playing hardcore. In fact the devs said it themselves that it would not be possible to get your items back. That is part of the reason you are playing hardcore. You are risking more than your character's life. You are risking his gear as well.
    Reply Quote
    Remove crafting time (mostly for gems; I prefer that gems be craftable in batches and that you can skip tiers with the required mats, but that's harder to code).

MP Level on Public Games.

Increase Damage & Reduce HP at higher MP Levels. Game should be fun but dangerous, not safe and tedious.

Remove Move Speed cap.

Delete all useless affixes in the short term and then add/re-work them in the long.
    Reply Quote

That would destroy the purpose of playing hardcore. In fact the devs said it themselves that it would not be possible to get your items back. That is part of the reason you are playing hardcore. You are risking more than your character's life. You are risking his gear as well.

Well of course its a design decision that they've made, but honestly I think that when you lose hundreds of hours of XP farmed, it's hardcore enough ;-)

In D2 you could get your stuff back and I think it was nice. It was just hardcore enough having to go through all the levels again ^^.

Now indeed it's just a vision of the game, you can disagree and Blizzard certainly can. But knowing that >50% deaths in HC (good players I mean) are caused by lags/disconnections, I don't know if that will keep players around for long.

At some point you just get fed up of going back to square 1.

Note though that I don't want to start a debate on this subject here, it was just one of my small ideas, if Blizzard don't agree then so be it, I'll keep on playing anyway (coz I'm hardcore like that :p).

So please just post ideas and don't debate too much around. We'll see if Blizzard takes note of anything in the future patches ^^
    Edited by dSebastien#2675 on 11/26/2012 8:20 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    Going back to my idea about statistics, it would be nice to also add per-realm ranking of the stats. For example, there could be different rankings (separate ones for sc & hc):

• total mobs killed
  • total elite killed
  • fastest XP farmer
  • most legendary dropped
  • most gold per hour
  • most deaths in HC
  • Sky's the limit here, you can invent tons of those. That could bring in the competitive aspect to the game. Like "oh I'm 27th in europe for stat X, let's get to the top of the ladder!" :p. You could even create a world ranking, even funnier.
    Edited by dSebastien#2675 on 11/26/2012 8:57 PM PST
    Reply Quote
  • Vanishing Dye on legendary
  • Edited by GNX#1295 on 11/26/2012 8:52 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    11/26/2012 08:52 PMPosted by GNX
  • Vanishing Dye on legendary

• I'd +1 that a million times ;-)
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]