Diablo® III

ShockNadoShards (SNS), a CM/WW build [guide]

- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
Thanks for trolling my thread SuperJJ. Let me know when you find a CM/WW exploit and I'll add it to my guide.
12/28/2012 06:34 AMPosted by PieHole
Thanks for trolling my thread SuperJJ. Let me know when you find a CM/WW exploit and I'll add it to my guide.
i dont know about that, i have a lvl 60 wizzy waiting to be god like. while someone went into monk forum without a monk, and i doubt he will make one, lol. seems like i m more legit than trolling with a lvl 60 wizzy, right?
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
@uplsdown

Before you do anything rash, add me in game, and I'll see if I can help you put together a set. I'll be back in game tomorrow night sometime.
Cheers!
I'm assuming a halfway decent computer setup is necessary to unlock the full potential of this build?

I'm at 2.77 (IAS Slow Time) with 47 CC (52 if I use Energy instead of Shock) which should be enough to come very close to perma-freezing things. I use this build because I freeze things while my buddy kills them. We were farming keys on MP8 with pretty good success, but I was experiencing some problems keeping things frozen.

Things were procing just fine, but a lot of times if there's a lot happening my framerate dips to under 10, and I'm losing a lot of potential action frames to get novas off to keep things frozen. This is obviously a problem.

If I upgrade this box (which it sorely needs regardless) do you think that being over 2.73 and over 50 CC is enough to permafreeze things, assuming I have enough framerate to do it?
I'm assuming a halfway decent computer setup is necessary to unlock the full potential of this build?

I'm at 2.77 (IAS Slow Time) with 47 CC (52 if I use Energy instead of Shock) which should be enough to come very close to perma-freezing things. I use this build because I freeze things while my buddy kills them. We were farming keys on MP8 with pretty good success, but I was experiencing some problems keeping things frozen.

Things were procing just fine, but a lot of times if there's a lot happening my framerate dips to under 10, and I'm losing a lot of potential action frames to get novas off to keep things frozen. This is obviously a problem.

If I upgrade this box (which it sorely needs regardless) do you think that being over 2.73 and over 50 CC is enough to permafreeze things, assuming I have enough framerate to do it?
looks to me you have a video card issue, either upgrade your video card or change the video setting to all low's. than your framerate wont be hammered by cm wiz spamming effect.
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
Uh, thanks SuperJJ. Decent advice, for a troll.

Also, check your latency. It should be under 150. Some people find that when it is around or over 200 their keystrokes are not regiestered quickly enough. This results in the freeze breaking down. If your latency is fine, then decrease the video settings like my troll friend suggested.

Just remember, Permafreeze is just a reminder of days pre 1.05. While you can permafreeze most elites, a few refuse to be permafrozen.....especually single elites (just try freezeing a single succubus! Ha!). Ubers and Keywardens are also studderfreeze at best. If you find yourself freezing better at some times than others (type of elites remaining constant) then look at latency or video settings.
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 12/28/2012 7:25 PM PST
Should i use a mempo with no crit, or a storm crow with crit? i was thinking that if i use the mempo i could make up for the lost crit on other pieces of gear. also if you get a mempo will you be able to get a chant with OS and still make the 2.73 breakpoint?
Edited by Alpha#1333 on 12/29/2012 1:29 PM PST
Uh, thanks SuperJJ. Decent advice, for a troll.

Also, check your latency. It should be under 150. Some people find that when it is around or over 200 their keystrokes are not regiestered quickly enough. This results in the freeze breaking down. If your latency is fine, then decrease the video settings like my troll friend suggested.

Just remember, Permafreeze is just a reminder of days pre 1.05. While you can permafreeze most elites, a few refuse to be permafrozen.....especually single elites (just try freezeing a single succubus! Ha!). Ubers and Keywardens are also studderfreeze at best. If you find yourself freezing better at some times than others (type of elites remaining constant) then look at latency or video settings.
you must have no knowledge on computers. clearly he said when screen has too much action framerate dropped to 10 fps. it has nuthing to do with wheather there is 1 monster or that elite is not freezing. looks like you are trolling to me, i m very serious on this cm wiz thing.
Edited by SuperJJ#1973 on 12/29/2012 3:02 PM PST
Thanks for the guide PieHole, your guide is very well written and easy to follow.

So I bought some gear today to try out this build, and it's been very fun so far - definitely a nice break from Archon paraleveling.

I died quite a few times at mp7/mp8 during key farming sessions, with most of them due to my inexperience, but I noticed the act2/act3 keywardens are especially difficult, is this normal? Act2 warden basically insta-gibs me with his spinning attack when he's not frozen (I had to slow kite him to keep some distance to avoid dying when he's not frozen), and Act3 warden just teleports everywhere, dodging my tornadoes/frost nova constantly. Both keywardens don't seem to freeze as well as normal enemies, who just stutter slightly every few seconds or sometimes completely frozen.

Is this gear/build related or latency related? Do note that my ping is usually between 150-200.

My stats are quite close to the mid range spec on your guide (~2.7388 APS, 47 CC, ~4460ish armor, 630 AR, 870ish LOH. DPS is around 107k). All stats are without follower bounus.

I would also like to ask- what MP would be my gear be able to handle for uber runs?
@alesso,

No, you're right CC doesn't affect LoH, I got carried away :-). More tics, from higher breakpoints, would affect LoH.

CC does affect LoH, indirectly but significantly. More CC = more Twister/EB = more LoH.
@PieHole

Added you, looking forward to seeing what we can put together!
Just want to say to the OP:

I just switched to this build, with very minor changes, and am playing 2 MP levels higher instantly. Awesome idea. It's a lot of fun.
Best CM guide 2012

Vote this guy!
Really nice post. I have been practicing this build since 1.05. It says what I felt during those boss runs.

I have written similar posts in some Chinese D3 forum but this one is better.
Never noticed how good written and useful this post was. Nicely done. ((:
I use to run Liquefy instead of EB, looks great. Love that blue glow.
12/29/2012 11:36 PMPosted by Risktaker
Act2 warden basically insta-gibs me with his spinning attack when he's not frozen

He is immune to ALL stuns / freezes etc when he spins and REFLECTS ALL damage etc back at you!

This is one nasty bugger on MP8+.

Try to time the close freezes when he STOPS spinning, then use TP safe passage to get away when he starts again...
Hmm, I didn't know that he reflects damage and immune to CC when he spins, no wonder he doens't freeze while spinning. I'll try out safe passage next time (was using slow time-time warp as my utility skill). Thanks for the advice.

How would I handle act 3 warden's teleporting? I've found fighting him in the staircases help a bit to limit where he can teleport, but it's still really hard.
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
@alpha - its not a question of storm crow vs. Mempo.....is about APOC. You need 18+ APOC from 2 items to run the build well...and this first one of from Chants Will. You need either Storm Crow (all of which have APOC), a rare helm with APOC, or APOC Chant Force (expensive!) as your second item. Because of the expense of APOC Force, most people opt for the non-apoc version.

@risktaker - yeah, they're tough. Tough to freeze any single elite, esp keywarden. Try dragging them into some junk white enemies....you'll get more procs and reset cooldowns much, much quicker....and it'll be alot easier.
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 1/1/2013 8:42 AM PST
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
Thanks for the love Decablo, Baron, Joto, Revan!!!!
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
@risk

I would think you could run full SNS at maybe MP7. The key test is whether the fireball from Khule or falling rocks one shot you. Even better, see if you can take a hit from Magda's bees or butterflies, or whatever they are. If you get one shot, you need to keep gearing up. You can always swap shell for shards....for increased survivability (even i do this at MP9, or at least I should!). Running Force armor instead of SA should allow you to run MP10 (in a group)...you'll just take a huge hit in DPS.....but you'll survive all the one shots.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]