Diablo® III

ShockNadoShards (SNS), a CM/WW build [guide]

Right, 2.5aps is far from horrible and it's much easier to choose weaponry that doesn't involve Chantodo's Will. Still I prefer Chantodo's Will myself, but I know there are plenty of 150k+dps CM/WW wizards sporting 2.5aps in high MP levels.
In order to reach 2.73 breakpoint with a dagger and just gear alone, you have to have 64% IAS from gear, which means 8 pieces, which means you need Chant's OH with APoC and Storm Crow (assuming inna's pants is out of the question). That means you can't use a triumvirate, which means you're pretty much better off just using a Chanto's wand anyway, so you don't have to get APoC on the OH until you want to switch to a mempo.

Basically 2.5 APS is the max for a black dagger+Triumvirate and the best way to get higher breakpoints is with Chanto's set. You need an IAS Chanto's to reach 3.0 just from gear, neglecting Inna's pants and legacy zuni, which are not as good for the build as the standard items in those slots.
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
Someone around here uses Slorak's Madness, right? It's not a bad way to go...just makes getting to the higher breakpoints more difficult. It rolls with IAS, but no additional attacks per second like Chant's Will does. It does have +CC to ET, with helps with twister crits. The CD is also very nice. You'd lose the 130 INT set bonus you get if you have Chants Force.....or you can use any source you want....but Chants Force also has +IAS. The set if just very convenient for Attack Speed.

Its probably worth adding this as an option to the guide though.
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 11/28/2012 1:39 PM PST
In order to reach 2.73 breakpoint with a dagger and just gear alone, you have to have 64% IAS from gear, which means 8 pieces, which means you need Chant's OH with APoC and Storm Crow (assuming inna's pants is out of the question). That means you can't use a triumvirate, which means you're pretty much better off just using a Chanto's wand anyway, so you don't have to get APoC on the OH until you want to switch to a mempo.

Basically 2.5 APS is the max for a black dagger+Triumvirate and the best way to get higher breakpoints is with Chanto's set. You need an IAS Chanto's to reach 3.0 just from gear, neglecting Inna's pants and legacy zuni, which are not as good for the build as the standard items in those slots.

Gloves, 2 Rings, Lacuni, TR Chest, Inna, Amulet, WH, total 8 pieces for a max IAS of 72%. It's possible to reach 2.73 or even more with Dagger, you just need to throw EHP out of the window lol.
Edited by novice#1750 on 11/28/2012 1:43 PM PST
You have to be at 1.67 weapon to only need 64 ias. At
1.5 aps weapon you need 82% which means every slot that can roll ias needs to be equipped.
yes that's why IAS Dagger.
I guess the real question is why? Chants set is the end all be all to cm wiz is it not? I would imagine 2 wiz same budget the chants wiz would outperform the other.
11/28/2012 02:20 PMPosted by JoeYouKnow
I guess the real question is why? Chants set is the end all be all to cm wiz is it not? I would imagine 2 wiz same budget the chants wiz would outperform the other.

Erm, there is no reason lol Chant is the best. I just answered his question.
In order to reach 2.73 breakpoint with a dagger and just gear alone, you have to have 64% IAS from gear, which means 8 pieces, which means you need Chant's OH with APoC and Storm Crow (assuming inna's pants is out of the question).

Gloves, 2 Rings, Lacuni, TR Chest, Inna, Amulet, WH, total 8 pieces for a max IAS of 72%. It's possible to reach 2.73 or even more with Dagger, you just need to throw EHP out of the window lol.

I said assuming no inna's because of the drastic EHP loss, which usually makes it not worth it. Same can be said for the legacy Zuni which would also put you over the breakpoint if you don't want to use Inna's.

You have to be at 1.67 weapon to only need 64 ias. At
1.5 aps weapon you need 82% which means every slot that can roll ias needs to be equipped.

Exactly, 11% IAS dagger is 1.665 APS, which means 64% IAS needed.
Well, when I agree that Inna is worse than Rare Pants, it's not that bad really. Inna Pants with AR, or double Intel/Vit is acceptable, so if you really need to reach 2.73 without APoC Source and Mempo, Inna is the best choice, otherwise you will need crap Zuni Boots lol.

Imo, the 2.73 BP is worth the EHP loss. Not everyone can afford Mempo+Force.
All the good stuff in one spot. Nice contribution.
here's link to calculate ias breakpoint and very easy to use
i found this from another thread in battlenet forum, but unfortunately i forget which one

credit to original makers
http://goo.gl/oN0t9

hope this help
great guide-- just put together my wiz last night with gold farmed from my monk (spent a bit less than 100mil). Based my whole build off of this post and I can do MP7 relatively comfortably. (the most i could do on my monk was MP5 before... and I had a lot more gold invested in him... all the monk is good for these days is signet runs unless i invest another 500+mil). was tempted to gear a barb but !@#$ them.

thanks for the post!
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
All based on the post! yikes! don't hold me responsible! Hahaha.

Actually, you did pretty well. You damage and armor are a little low, but you did good in getting alot of all resist in your pants and chest,....which isn't cheap. And it looks like alot of your gold is caught up in your chant's set. I'm not sure what your next upgrade would be....if you want to get to 2.73. It'd have to be Lacunis and witching HR...and you'd take a hit with All resist unless you have a boatload more gold.

I think my next upgrade would be a witching hour with *some* AR. ~25M should get you one similar to mine (I think you're OK to lose a little of your AR for the CD and AS). If you're staying at 2.5 that would allow you to drop IAS on a ring or Ammy....and pick up more CD or something like that.

Mind asking what you paid for your OS Will? I could probably guess, since I imagine that it was you that outbid me one it!!!!
really nice guide. my friend helped me level up my mage this evening and i equipped her for about 60mil + a few items from my wd.
we could easily do some key/farmruns on mp4-6 and killed all ubers on mp5. the only problem i have is the numbness in my hand after clicking for 15 minutes ^^
@PieHole

The OS Chant Will was about 27mil, I got it 2 nights ago on bid so sorry if i sniped it! My Chant OH was actually a drop from my monk. finding that drop was the main reason i decided to go for this build so it saved me a good chunk of money there. I'd definitely like to get a vile ward to up my armor a bit more, witching hour and lacunis are definitely on my radar.

Uber farming is so much easier now! MP7 is pretty comfortable with my friends (where before we were <MP5 with my monk). I'm finding my farming speed on my monk at MP1-2 is still faster, but that might be because I'm still not used to playing the wiz. it's a completely different play style but a lot of fun!
12/01/2012 08:58 AMPosted by koichee
The OS Chant Will was about 27mil, I got it 2 nights ago on bid so sorry if i sniped it! My Chant OH was actually a drop from my monk. finding that drop was the main reason i decided to go for this build so it saved me a good chunk of money there. I'd definitely like to get a vile ward to up my armor a bit more, witching hour and lacunis are definitely on my radar.

sorry to say , that OS Chant will is overpriced , my one is sniped at almost same price , 1.65 ias make you way ez to hit 2.74 & 3.01 Break point , 1.61 as weapon make you need to pay way high price to get that few % ias on other gears ...

and your HP is high , AR is ok (but not 700ar yet) , but Armor is way too low , that make your EHP even lower then what i have ; CC and ias both lower , i am sure you can do MP7 , but hard to say smooth farm MP7 ...
I finally bought Chantodo's Will and quite happy with it after initial testing =] Of course what was first legendary drop after that... Chantodo's Will (so crappy I wasn't even sure if to put it on AH... I rolled +9min dmg XD)

In my next upgrade I plan to focus on survability and I think it will be helm. I consider 2 options at the moment
- rare, with int, CC, OS, AR and vit or life
- Storm Crow with CC (and I lose bonu exp) or OS (I lose 4.5% CC, but it's very cheap)
Could anyone suggest which would be better?

@PieHole, you could add some boots to item guide (I know Natalya's are mention, but getting them makes only sense if get/have ring as well).
the moment
- rare, with int, CC, OS, AR and vit or life
- Storm Crow with CC (and I lose bonu exp) or OS (I lose 4.5% CC, but it's very cheap)
Could anyone suggest which would be better?

@PieHole, you could add some boots to item guide (I know Natalya's are mention, but getting them makes only sense if get/have ring as well).

use Storm Crow with CC to do high MP lvl , rare with os to do low mp XP run .
Good guide!

2.5 APS is very solid and will get you to the mp 7+ with enough mitigation and CC.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]