Diablo® III

ShockNadoShards (SNS), a CM/WW build [guide]

I would like to welcome the 2 new wizards and say now that you have made it to where you are, welcome to the I don't know what to upgrade next club. This build has a lot of moving parts. Enjoy!
Nice, thanks a lot OP.
im wondering if its stupid to go from iceclimbers + trifec ring to nats boots n ring. is it a good upgrade? ill be seeing a drop on life and an increase in armor. i'd probably have 60% critical chance if i decide to do this. is it worth it?
Your Ring is so nice, keep it, you have 50 CC, not bad at all. Changing to nat would prolly slow down your performance. However if you feel you need more CC, that's the best route to go, I personally feel 50CC is perfectly fine.
5000Armor , 35k HP, 800AR = Around 500k EHP am I correct?
12/02/2012 07:52 PMPosted by Haze
5000Armor , 35k HP, 800AR = Around 500k EHP am I correct?

It's 320k EHP.
no
hello all!

freshly rolled wizard here... can anyone help me with some tips on getting this build going?

i think i have a good basis but i've really never played as a cm/ww wizard.

i have around 500-600 AR; 41%CC; just under 2.30 atk speed. i dont have a big budget to get BIS... maybe a few million on upgrades.
hello all!

freshly rolled wizard here... can anyone help me with some tips on getting this build going?

i have around 500-600 AR; 41%CC; just under 2.30 atk speed. i dont have a big budget to get BIS... maybe a few million on upgrades.

hey welcome !

Looking at your gear I think you should replace your source by an APOC Chant Force. Don't worry about your sheet DPS, with you current level of aps and CC, you will need a lot of APoC. Your EDPS will probably increase with the 3rd source of APoC because you can release more Twisters, skills reset faster etc :) low power APoC Force is just under 10mil now, affordable right
I think I have around 18 apoc... ure suggesting another 8-10 with the OH?
Yes, exactly, anything under 2.73 aps, you should have > 20 APoC prepared.
hello all!

I'd just add IAS on my ammy and get 9 on rings, and a WD....much cheaper then APOC Chants
Hi Guys

Few friends started to play Diablo 3 again, so I came back along with them and thought i'd start on my Wiz again. I am currently farming for keys for my hellfire ring, but I am wondering what I should do for some upgrades on my toon. I know I probably need more HP and maybe some AR, but these are my current stats I believe unbuffed, so any ideas for upgrades will be great to keep me going. I can currently do MP5 key wardens atm.

ATS - 2.73
CC - 42
AR - 400-500

Current budget is 10 Mil
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
@Shikao

I originally had a section on boots (ice climbers, fire walkers, etc) but since they don't add anything toward IAS or CC I decided to drop it to streamline the guide (its already long enough). The exception being, like you mentioned, the boots with Nat's set (since the set bonus adds IAS).
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
@ wildfire

I might look to swapping out your VW for ones with one VIT. I found one over the weekend that was nearly identical to yours but with about 75 vit for 6M (its not updated on my profile yet). Just keep your INT roll below 200....at 203 you're not getting much out of the extra roll...versus a 180-200 roll). I won it on auction, not even on snipe....i was a little surprised, thought i'd get outbid. The vit would help you get toward 30K hp,...yours is a little low. You could probably sell yours for 4M. That'll only cost you 2M net.

In preparation for a Witching Hour (which ought to be your next big purchase, 15-30M) you might want to think of getting a left ring with alot of Resist All. 9IAS/5CC/50+Resist All/VIT? Not sure is that's doable with 8-10M. I would guess it probably is. A WH with *some* resist all (like mine) will run you probalby 25M+.

After you get a witching hour, that clears up a spot for a ring or amulet with no IAS! Which is awesome! You could do a high CC/CD ammy like mine (biggest upgrade recently). Or something similar on your right ring. Opens the possibility of dong the Nat's set with your right ring and boots as well, if you want to think of that in the future (20-30M upgrade at the minimum).
@piehole

Hey thanks for the advice, is everything else stat wise for me on part? I know I need to start making the big purchases, I feel I need a bit more AR but I do not know where I can grab some on gear?
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
@wild

You're eerily similar to my gear, seriously......but yours is usually lower in armor and all resist. Other than the witching hour. After that, its just slowly adding Armor, All Resist, and damage.

Its tough to add all resist on any sort of a budget, considering that you'll most likely never afford to put any on Tal Rash's Chest and Lacuni's. Its just probably never going to happen. Pants and belt are at least doable to some extent.

some suggestions:

You did what I did, and added *some* all resist to BT. Not bad, but I'd try to flip those and go for some with more Armor and a little more AR. Ones like mine would add about 15 all resist and 250 armor. That's huge....and under 10M.

You could use Tal Rasha with more armor. I'm even gonna start looking for some with more armor when I get home...something over 700. For you, that would be an additional 200-300 armor....for probably under 10M. This is about the most impossible place to put all resist...so expensive....I don't know when/if I'll ever go there.

Storm Crow is a super cheap place for All resist. You can use it depending on your situation (farming, ubering, power leveling).

Those three changes right there would net you ~400-500 armor and 75 all resist for ~20M (minus what you see your current stuff for).

After that, you have to stick all resits on rings and ammy. Aside from all resist, you should eventually start looking for a Witching hour (to get your DPS to 80k+) followed by a CD ring/amy (to get your DPS over 90+). Or you could start working toward Natalys set.
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
or a WH + OS Chants Will. That's another way to go, but the Will is pretty expensive with OS....and means you need to keep IAS on both rings and Ammy.

That's not they way I chose to go.
12/03/2012 07:54 AMPosted by novice
Yes, exactly, anything under 2.73 aps, you should have > 20 APoC prepared.

I disagree. At the 2.5 breakpoint I dont run out of AP against a single target with 46% crit (49 with scoundrel) and 20 APoC. Below 2.5 a 3rd source of APoC is probably beneficial but 2.5 seems to be around where AP becomes saturated.
i like to do some testing on my wizard whenever i acquire a new item.
i usually just kill azmodan and diablo on mp10 and if i can survive, it means mp10 ubers are doable. my own rules are: 1. i can only stand still and attack.
vs azmo: my life won't drop below 25%, no other probs.
vs diablo: diablo sometimes is able to move around but he's usually an easy kill.

then i was thinking, what about belial?
i passed the first phase, the second and then on the third phase BOOM, dead. i even tried to switch from shards to crystal shell and the results are the same. i got like 500k+ ehp and 800 loh.

so i ask you: is it even possible to kill belial on mp10 without moving?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]