Diablo® III

This Is It

(Locked)

No, a troll is designed with the intent of fooling people. He didn't design this intending to fool people, he simply expected that some would be fooled because of his opinion of the forum inhabitants' intelligence.[/quote

By that very definition...as if it was the actual definition... "designed with the intent of fooling people" AND The OP's own admission that he "actually did expect people to be stupid enough to see the message as genuine"....how is it not?
His intent was to fool people and expect them to see it as genuine.
Claim it. Own it. Be a Troll. Don't try and BS your way out of it after admitting it.

So I'm a troll. Whoop-de-doo. How does that affect... well... anything?

Not a thing. Just being a Troll like oh so many including myself have been before you and after...instead of trying to make it into something other than what it is.
I love Diablo III, and have been playing the game since launch; however, this is the final straw, Blizzard. I have had it with you and your antics. How dare you give an official number to a patch with a couple small hotfixes.

As game developers, you guys have the final say in the game's development and direction. However, it should be illegal to make a small patch like this part of your version history. As a real, true, hardcore gamer, I am entitled to a large chunk of content for each arbitrarily numbered patch.

Therefore, regardless of how much fun I am having with this game, I will be uninstalling it from my computer due to sheer ideology. To further cement my impenetrable values among the forum community, I will continue to lurk here, and I certainly won't be re-installing the game again tonight to farm for keys.

Ahhhh, ideology, the mother of all idiotic thinking.

Get over yourself. Bye.

You have no honor, but like you said, that's not our problem.

Nor is it our problem that you like to pout like a girl that got her candy stolen from her.

Grow up, idiot.
I love Diablo III, and have been playing the game since launch; however, this is the final straw, Blizzard. I have had it with you and your antics. How dare you give an official number to a patch with a couple small hotfixes.

As game developers, you guys have the final say in the game's development and direction. However, it should be illegal to make a small patch like this part of your version history. As a real, true, hardcore gamer, I am entitled to a large chunk of content for each arbitrarily numbered patch.

Therefore, regardless of how much fun I am having with this game, I will be uninstalling it from my computer due to sheer ideology. To further cement my impenetrable values among the forum community, I will continue to lurk here, and I certainly won't be re-installing the game again tonight to farm for keys.

Ahhhh, ideology, the mother of all idiotic thinking.

Get over yourself. Bye.

11/27/2012 12:11 PMPosted by padako
anyone wanna take bets on the chances of one more person coming in and giving a serious reply even at this point?

Well, looks like you would have won that bet.
11/27/2012 12:40 PMPosted by KhalARon

You have no honor, but like you said, that's not our problem.

Nor is it our problem that you like to pout like a girl that got her candy stolen from her.

Grow up, idiot.

...what?
11/27/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Kaner
Well, looks like you would have won that bet.

well, like I always say .. Padako wins!!!!

the sad part is that he fell for it and then made another post calling you an idiot. irony at its finest.
View profile

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7924401/Minor_Battlenet_Functionality_Testing_Starting_Soon-11_27_2012
Yes the game doesn't have a lot of content but this is a ARPG not a freaking MMO. You want content for each update then play an MMO. Or do you want Blizzard to start charging you a monthly fee for playing D3? Games get patched for various reasons and sometimes it's for the better and sometimes it's for the worse.
11/27/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Growingcow
Yes the game doesn't have a lot of content but this is a ARPG not a freaking MMO. You want content for each update then play an MMO. Or do you want Blizzard to start charging you a monthly fee for playing D3? Games get patched for various reasons and sometimes it's for the better and sometimes it's for the worse.

How many more people will fall for it?
Sadly, if it was any less obvious then no one would get it - exactly because such threads pop up every time when blues post something even remotely related to future changes.
By that very definition...as if it was the actual definition... "designed with the intent of fooling people" AND The OP's own admission that he "actually did expect people to be stupid enough to see the message as genuine"....how is it not?
Claim it. Own it. Be a Troll. Don't try and BS your way out of it after admitting it.

You're equating "intent" with "expectation". They are not the same. For example, String Theorists intend to fully bridge the gap between gravity and high energy theory. Most of them don't expect it will happen. A lot of athletes intend to be the best in their sport. Not a lot of them expect it.
Trolling is based on intent, not expectation.
Edited by Bottle#1907 on 11/27/2012 1:30 PM PST
This forum is filled with utterly stupid threads like this one...fanboys, haters and posters who think they are better/smarter than everyone else make this forum worthless.
I actually did expect people to be stupid enough to see the message as genuine. After all, this is the Diablo III forum community we're talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhrfhjLd9e4

My forum entertainment value is enhanced by you. Thank you for all that you do.

Glad to be of service. :D
OP really comes across as a level-headed long-term player.

Blizzard truly lost a decade of guaranteed business because of a non-gameplay affecting number change.
Edited by babinro#1836 on 11/27/2012 2:12 PM PST

I would say that trolling includes an intent to mess with people, not just the intent to deceive them. After all, if it were just the attempt to present a falsehood as genuine, Santa Claus would be one epic troll, no?

Now, if you also included a misleading thread title just to see how many morons would respond just to that without reading a word of the thread, that would be trolling. SPOILER ALERT: the answer is "a lot".
Blizzard Employee
While a few of the posts here appear to be dripping with the sweet nectar of well-honed internet sarcasm, I did want to jump in really quickly to say that while patch 1.0.6 was a only minor patch for Diablo III, it was a necessary one that helped us address some important bug fixes as well as implemented the ground work for upcoming improvements to Battle.net.

Patch 1.0.7 is planned to be a larger patch than 1.0.6, and will contain much more than just bug fixes. Many of the changes we've discussed in these forums recently are currently scheduled for 1.0.7, and we are looking forward to sharing more details with you concerning it in the coming weeks. :)
While a few of the posts here appear to be dripping with the sweet nectar of well-honed internet sarcasm, I did want to jump in really quickly to say that while patch 1.0.6 was a only minor patch for Diablo III, it was a necessary one that helped us address some important bug fixes as well as implemented the ground work for upcoming improvements to Battle.net.

Patch 1.0.7 is planned to be a larger patch than 1.0.6, and will contain much more than just bug fixes. Many of the changes we've discussed in these forums recently are currently scheduled for 1.0.7, and we are looking forward to sharing more details with you concerning it in the coming weeks. :)

Awesome cant wait until goblins are fixed.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]