Diablo® III

Zero Dog, anyone not using "For the Master"

I was wondering if, with lifesteal, and EHFG, you can tank while using the Provoke the Pack rune instead. Does everyone use FtM?
Reply Quote
It's not very effective. Stick with for the master. When I'm in dog mode I have 3% ls 100k unbuffed dps and when you go up against a reflect pack you pretty much suicide. I've tried it with 3% ls and 500 loh with 600-800 at 4k armor 27k ehfg and 11 pr and it still doesn't work very effectively
Reply Quote
Not sure about the returns on provoke the pack with ls so I can't comment on that. I am geared with LoH and chance to stun/freeze/blind and use acid rain to heal and cc lock and use provoke the pack rune. For reflect damage elites, Acid rain 2-3 times then sacrifice and summon, acid rain 2-3 times sacrifice and summon. Reg your mana with gruesome feast. To be honest I still need a bit of kiting when there are no globes around for heal and mana for acid rain. I have around 1000 LoH and 400 ehp, have no ehfg but it should be useful but I'm not sure where I could fit it in my gear.
Reply Quote
With enough dps and at mp7, a pure C4Dogs build can deal with Provoke The Pack instead of For The Master.

And, yes, there are other 0s build that are not using For The Master. I use Pride to refill my mana all the time and spam acid cloud to proc a lot like KuMarKia.
For more information check this thread (a little bump will be appreciated ;) ) :
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004696095
Reply Quote
Cool. As far as I understand it, provoke can proc, while FTM doesn't. Probably should have thought of switching before ditching my CC gear. :(

I guess I'd have to ditch hex too, to make way for acid rain. I'm pretty sure I'd have to be way tougher too. With enough EHP, particularly physical resist, I think the irregular healing from pots would be better.
Reply Quote
Just did a test run after upgrading my weapon with a life steal. For the Master is a viable option when doing MP7 and below (with my 2.9%LS and Horrify FA for when I encounter Reflect mobs). Upper MPs I guess you just have to stick with For the Master rune (unless maybe you have a ton of EHP).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]