Diablo® III

D3 Crashes...used to work fine

Have been playing for awhile with little to no problems, other than what most get when getting occasional lag or something. But today...the game just simply crashes in mid-play.
Can sign on just fine. Sat browsing the AH for about an hour ...no problems.
Started to play on my Wiz...and midway through it crashed. No pauses, no spinning wheels, no delay...just a wipeout crash.

Gives me this code to report to Blizz:

912C8409-FBD7-4F07-A02A-568B90C39E91

Tried doing Disk Utility, deleting cache of D3, total restart... plays fine for about 5 min, then starts to get bad FPS, then just crashes. Not understanding as the game worked just fine before this 1.06 patch.
Reply Quote
Did an unplug of iMac, and SMS reset....Disk Utility.... same thing.
Can play for a while, everything running smooth and fine just like before...then starts to crap out and crashes.
Reply Quote
Completely deleted all files and uninstalled D3. Went through all other processes again... REinstalled D3.... Crashed again.

Tried playing other games installed on my comp....absolutely no issues whatsoever.
No FPS losses, no stuttering. Graphics set at highest settings for those games just to test....absolutely no issues.

EDIT:
Did a DNS flush, in as so far this seems to have helped...but the choppy frame rate is still very much a factor.
In Windowed mode- getting 50-60 FPS
In Full Screen- 40-60 FPS, but jumps to about 30 if in combat now...whereas it did not before.
Reply Quote
same problem here my man.. sat on ah no problems.. played wiz 3 times and 3 crashes have occurred after like 5 monster kills
Edited by BucheR#1164 on 12/2/2012 11:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This crash seems to relate to sound issues. Do you notice this happening when a specific sound/action/event happens?

Can you post your full system specs so I can look into this?

Obtaining System Information
    1. Hold the 'Option' Key and choose System Profiler/Information from the Apple Menu.

2. Copy the information from the following sections:
  • Hardware (remove the Serial Number line)
  • Graphics/Displays
  • Software (remove the Computer Name and User Name lines)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]