Diablo® III

Minority club (Archon)

Hi all !! First off, it's sad but true that nowadays we're just an alternative build when CM/WW wiz want to farm at low MP. It's like stereotypical for archon already !! archon = low mp level exp farming. That's just sad :(

History (can skip) : 1.0.2 - 1.0.4, do you know that only players with high budget can build an archon ? Because it's hard to sustain an archon unless u have 100k DPS with LS weapon (BM rune not working those days) and gears were much more expensive. While at that time CM/WW need so much less requirement than today so it was more viable for new wizards and they're unarguably strong ! With the tide of 1.0.5, eventhough CM/WW got nerfed hard they become stronger and more valuable because of ubers hunting. While archon gears are much more affordable and archon's seen as a "low mp level farming".

I just want to create a thread for "REAL ARCHON LOVERS", for those who focus mainly in archon (but can still play CM/WW as an alternative, see below). Since our population is just a minority now, I want to see new-face and old-face archons who're still around. Also, this club is always opened for newbie players for information and tips :)

If anyone wants a tip to change to CM/WW as an alternative build you can ask me, I'm at 140k DPS 2.76 APS 4k armor 700 AR 44k HP(with vit gem) in CM/WW and doing high MP just fine. Need just a little budget depends on your archon gears.

Alas, we're not just "low mp xp farming" we can do more than that !! shout out !!

Archives for archon :
tips for sustained archon : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6572969342 - eLINminator
best archon zone : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004695453 - eLINminator
hybrid archon : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004698743 - Schenko7
DPS for different mp levels : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6934366087

Vid :
MP 7 perma scramble : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1X-Ijx6eaM - Here is what I've been trying to prove that archon is not only viable for low MP level :) We're potentially the best farming build for wiz at the moment I'd say

Also looking forward that some pro archons like samII(Phi), Akasha, Stever, Sinfull, Schenko7 and etc. (sorry for those I've forgotten) will give advice to new archons :) and their experience in high MP farming.
Edited by Inspy#2854 on 12/16/2012 10:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
I am sad that the Hybrid Guide I wrote up failed to make this list as it is our most viable build past mp 7-8.

Other than that, I strongly support this thread. Archon needs some love and I refuse to give in to being a CM wiz....I can do it easily by switching out my weapon/soruce for the chan set, but I love Archon. Archon is my focus and will always be my focus until I stop playing(which has came across my mind now the past few days as my time playing has started to fade once again.)

The fact really is....Archon is the true end to a Wizard in my mind. It is who we as a class were designed to be and take advantage of. I am a stubborn player and will always feel that the CM wiz (even though I will admit are the most viable) are not what we are as a class.

My current build is my mp 6 speed leveling build....
Edited by Schenko7#1939 on 12/3/2012 6:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
oops sorry Schenko will update out right !
Reply Quote
Hey thanks man! Good luck with this thread.
Reply Quote
You talked as if there were only 2 builds. Where is the love for WoF build !
Reply Quote
Also looking forward that some pro archons like samII(Phi), Akasha, Stever, Sinfull, Schenko7 and etc. (sorry for those I've forgotten) will give advice to new archons :) and their experience in high MP farming.

good thing u did not mentioned Audi XD

You talked as if there were only 2 builds. Where is the love for WoF build !

hey we are not allowed to talk about tht here for it might get nerfed
Edited by yems#6688 on 12/3/2012 6:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
^ never liked him, he just has good gears. nothing else. period
Reply Quote
@ Schenko7 - I am set up for speed-farming MP3 and under. When I go key farming I use your setup (playing around with the free passive a bit).

My new testing is to solo-farm ubers. I've only tried it a bit on MP3, but the same setup let me pretty comfortably crush Ghom/Rak (one archon use was enough to kill both). I took some solid shots from Mag/SK, but still won pretty easily. The CC from ZK/Siege gave me some troubles, but I think the fight is very beatable (took me 3 tries, but that was learning curve on what I could FT versus dodging).

I think with my gear I might be able to use the Hybrid Archon build for MP4 ubers, but I'd need some hefty upgrades to handle MP5.
Reply Quote
add me up here, im new to wiz and now taking the path of archon. :)
Reply Quote
Which way to the cm/ww meeting?
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 06:18 AMPosted by JellzRoc

the whole wiz forum XD
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 06:18 AMPosted by JellzRoc

Third door down on the right. The sign reads: "Nerf Survivors Anonymous."
Reply Quote
Up through 1.02 I was blizz/hydra.

In 1.03 I was CM/WW (early adopter, near the start of the patch).

In 1.04 I went archon, partly just for a change of pace, partly because paragon farming made it attractive.

In 1.05 I'm still primarily archon. I spend 90% of my time as archon, farming lower MP levels. With my gear I can go up to about MP5 without too much issue, although for efficient farming it is MP2.

I maintain a set of 5 items that I swap which changes my archon gear into critical mass gear (2.73 breakpoint, decent res/armor, 50% crit) with which I can easily tank MP10 (do MP10 uber groups with the other 10% of my time).

I still consider myself an archon though. After all, at least until PvP comes along, farming is what the game is about. Ubers is just one gear slot. Farming is the other 12, and for that archon is great.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 06:19 AMPosted by Maysrill
Third door down on the right. The sign reads: "Nerf Survivors Anonymous."

Heh. Nerf with one hand, buff with the other. Sure, they nerfed proc rates, but legendary item buffs turned out to make the build stronger than it ever was before the nerfs - it just requires good gear now.
Reply Quote
@ Schenko7 - I am set up for speed-farming MP3 and under. When I go key farming I use your setup (playing around with the free passive a bit).

My new testing is to solo-farm ubers. I've only tried it a bit on MP3, but the same setup let me pretty comfortably crush Ghom/Rak (one archon use was enough to kill both). I took some solid shots from Mag/SK, but still won pretty easily. The CC from ZK/Siege gave me some troubles, but I think the fight is very beatable (took me 3 tries, but that was learning curve on what I could FT versus dodging).

I think with my gear I might be able to use the Hybrid Archon build for MP4 ubers, but I'd need some hefty upgrades to handle MP5.

Fact is our passives just suck....yeah you can toy around with the 3rd passive, but whatever one you chose isn't really going to be noticeable. I've used galvanizing wind sometimes with my hybrid when I run mp 7+, but really the third passive is an add on.

My lone wish for our class is for our passives to be looked into deeper. Leave the skills alone.....
Reply Quote
Although I don't play Archon primarily, I still have a set of gear for it. I think it's very easy for a well-geared Wiz to switch between Archon and Cm/WW, and still ensure both builds are functional. So you may want to change the name to Primary Archon ! ! !
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 06:40 AMPosted by novice
Although I don't play Archon primarily, I still have a set of gear for it. I think it's very easy for a well-geared Wiz to switch between Archon and Cm/WW, and still ensure both builds are functional. So you may want to change the name to Primary Archon ! ! !

It's in the context of this thread " I just want to create a thread for "REAL ARCHON LOVERS", for those who focus mainly in archon " ;)
Edited by Inspy#2854 on 12/3/2012 6:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
Honestly I wouldn't mind if they revamped archon to have the "Add 1 sec duration on kill" to its own rune, but then really diversify and amplify the potency of the other runes.

Like make a rune called Glass Cannon that reduces your armor/resists by %100, locks you in place, and allows you to shoot off a single %3000 WD aoe bomb.

Now THAT would be a glass cannon.
Reply Quote
WOOT finaly a real club I can join lol

I started playing my Wizard in 1.02 when my WD just could not lvl anymore due to to all the bugs with the pets and, well the entire class.

I've been an archon wizard since I hit 60. I started archon when I only had 40k DPS. Of course I was primarily out of archon at that point but it helped me get some good drop and PL at an insane speed compared to my Monk who took me 120hs of gameplay to reach 60(5).

I love archon and I think I'm doing pretty well so far. I would love to hit 200k unbuffed but for now i'll settle with my 167k. I can run act3 MP3 without problem in about 30min. MP2 is a cakewalk.
Reply Quote
If I could change something about archon, I would make duration gains be based on damage instead of kills. That way the build could be used in high MP and in multiplayer without feeling gimp. (Although it might very well make it worse for MP0 farming).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]