Diablo® III

Error 14009 with Windows 8???

I just installed Windows 8 with my newly built custom PC. I installed Diablo III without any problems. However, when I try to log in it gives me the "Error 14009." I have no trouble logging in Diablo III with my Windows 7 laptop so I know its not an account issue. What can I do to fix this???
Reply Quote
I am having the same issue. Fresh install of Win 8 Pro x64. Re-installed D3 twice.
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
McNuguid,

Could you try what's described in the following article please?

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-the-battlenet-cache-folder-pc?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS
Reply Quote
same problem in win8, tried to delete the cache folder, but the error still appear.

anybody help?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Netheril,

You say you "tried" to delete the cache folder? Were you successful? There's another folder that you can delete that may help with this particular error message.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-battlenet-tools-folder-pc?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS

This one deals primarily with Agent. Deleting the folder will force the game to reacquire the latest version.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm now having this problem, and I've done all the steps above and now it's regressed and saying that it's having trouble with the authenticator module.
Reply Quote
I have done the above and get stuck at authenticator module.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
also having the same issue.

edit: and i have done the above mentioned things
Edited by Battletag#11416 on 2/11/2013 6:24 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]