Diablo® III

#1 Paragon in Americas and my thoughts on D3

2. Do something about DCs, please, please, please. If something is going to destroy the HC community, it's the DCs
The best, non-exploitable solution is auto pause upon lack of communication between client and server.
This cannot be exploited in a bad situation, this won't work 100% of the time, and it's the best solution we can get. Please consider it.

Please Please Please, my friend just quit after losing 2 level 60s in the same day to DC deaths, and it'd be such an easy fix
Son, you just hit the nail squarely on the head, and then you drove the dang thing all the way into the heart of the matter and stabbed it where it counts:

The fact that there is not enough thinking required in this game. BAM! That is seriously an all-encompassing way to succinctly define the problem with D3. Your fixes, while I don't agree with all of them (e.g. endowing NPC with capacity for socketing items), are largely spot on. Making *ALL* skills equally useful or tempting? That's seriously exactly what D3 needs. In particular, the point about emeralds in weapons...BINGO! You are exactly right -- there is utterly NO thinking involved when it comes time to socket a weapon. Well, maybe for some with some sub-optimal builds who need more sustain, amethysts are used, but otherwise it's hands-down all about the CD% emeralds -- duh. So make it something that *really* makes a player torn (love that word choice btw -- that's how we should feel -- TORN/overwhelmed with good options, not obligated/forced into something); make it so Radiant Star Topaz grants +300 AR like you say, for example. Or boost the Dmg gains for rubies (may be broken at very low levels)
Agree with most points and could expand into many more lacking areas if you want. I'd also say that people have been stating several of your points from the first week or 2 of release...for as good as the first playthrough is for d3, it certainly is far lacking in options. As I've stated in the past, they pulled an EA/madden on us. Disregard most of the foundation you have, rebuild the game from the ground up, withhold 50% + of the old features, add them in later expansions and tout them as "new" improvements. Just look at sc2 WOL and the "new" features upcoming in HOTS for a little evidence on the new EA approach. I imagine the "new" features in d3 expansion will be far more telling.
Edited by Utukka#1683 on 11/29/2012 7:37 PM PST
good post
11/29/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Utukka
Agree with most points and could expand into many more lacking areas if you want. I'd also say that people have been stating several of your points from the first week or 2 of release...for as good as the first playthrough is for d3, it certainly is far lacking in options. As I've stated in the past, they pulled an EA/madden on us. Disregard most of the foundation you have, rebuild the game from the ground up, withhold 50% + of the old features, add them in later expansions and tout them as "new" improvements. Just look at sc2 WOL and the "new" features upcoming in HOTS for a little evidence on the new EA approach. I imagine the "new" features in d3 expansion will be far more telling.

Lol, i'm assuming you played some SC:BW. How'd you feel about our transition from BattleNet1.0 into BattleNet0.2?
congrats and awesome post.
THIS, very hard, i really hope some devs read through it. very well done and i can tell you care for the game enough to have really thought it all out the best.
Amazing. So many good points. Dev's really need to read this over and not only take these into consideration, but realize some HAVE to be done. Honestly, I think they will. As much as we give them !@#$ for the bad job they've done in certain areas, they have been taking our views into consideration lately.
11/29/2012 07:40 PMPosted by Alesso
Lol, i'm assuming you played some SC:BW. How'd you feel about our transition from BattleNet1.0 into BattleNet0.2?

lol, it was/is a joke. I played broodwar for years and diablo 2 for years, saw a little bit of all the features on wc3....can't believe what they initially gave us and what we are still waiting for. Lack of chat channels, poor chat channels, harder to add friends, have to pay cash to switch name around even tho your name isn't unique(only get the occasional free swap), can't watch replays with friends, cross realm play gone. List goes on but fortunately HOTS is coming with some of these great new features!
Edited by Utukka#1683 on 11/29/2012 8:25 PM PST
People need to realize, besides bug fixes and game balance, nothing is going to change with patches. What everyone wants is an expansion already 6 months down the road.
Edited by polyoddity#1878 on 11/29/2012 8:44 PM PST
Congrats on your accomplishment!!!

I can say I 110% agree with everything you stated.

I can only pray Blizzard listens.
patches can't change game? I like big..game changing patches!

11/29/2012 08:41 PMPosted by polyoddity
People need to realize, besides bug fixes and game balance, nothing is going to change with patches. What everyone wants is an expansion already 6 months down the road.
+1
Good post! Got some good ideas in there. Oh, and btw, I had a HC char once, died at around lvl 50 because of a disconnect, haven't made another one since. Seriously sucks, but I'm not gonna waste hours and more hours of my life only to have my char die because of that bullcrap..
I AM SO FOR ALL THOSE IDEAS, especially railing up low lv legs to actually be beneficial and capping player parties at 8 or 10.

If all that was in diablo right now, id prob be playing diabo more than I would be playing League of legends right now.
@Op
Gratz on your achievement and i like your ideas on how to improve this simple game.
+1 and sticky requested

To all you haters, if you think it's easy to achieve 100 plv in hc, do it or shut the hell up.

And try to read his post regarding game improvement instead of bashing out of envy!
I would still like his ideas even if he only have a level 1 toon.
Edited by Kozure#6785 on 11/29/2012 10:07 PM PST

Too many skills lack the "wow" factor.

The entire game lacks "wow" factor. Such a crushing disappointment for a D2 fan like me.
On the subjective suggestions, those are mostly BNet 0.02 problems.

Past that, I'd like to say I agree with just about everything here. That whole "Make weak !@#$ beyond powerful"...yes. Along the lines of being able to solo MP10Hell and going to NoMPNormal for Jar of Souls, only the game breaks and it lasts for 10 minutes instead of just 1. Basically epic slaughterhouse where we can sit there to nuke everything, and if we actually do anything, total, utter, excessive annihilation. Remember when Trail of Cinders was "accidentally" too strong? If that were normal, and everything were brought up to it, I'd be happy.

Lately my annoyance is that I wanted a particular type of Stone of Jordan (a particular skill bonus), but you can't search rings for skill bonuses. You can't even do All Armor and do your skill bonuses...rings just aren't checked. Total AH failure.

Another thing is that all Critical Hit bonuses need a nerf with all damage getting buffed. Either you're doing a Critical Hit Chance/Damage based build, or you're not doing killing the big stuff with ease.

I feel that they should have certain players whose opinions are considered like senior staff or something like that. You and Starbird could've been the game director and it'd probably be twice as good, at least.
Edited by Sandman366#1292 on 11/29/2012 10:11 PM PST
Wubs
OP had some awesome points. Thx for taking your time to write a proffesional opinion instead of making a pure complaint tread. Diablo 3 has so much potential. I log in every day hoping for it to be better than it currently is. Unfortinatly I'm normally disapointed. I hope blizzard pans out on at least one of these ideas.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]