Diablo® III

#1 Paragon in Americas and my thoughts on D3

ALL OF THIS
Read the whole thing. Lots of great ideas.
Grats OP, is a very good post as well

Gambling - Yeah, I missed the days that pick all the trash, vendor them, get gold to gamble for a SOJ, (is it 30k one shot ? anyone remember ?)
Congrats!!
About time. Congratz US.
US first paragon 100 softcore.
EU first paragon 100 hardcore.
ASIA lost?
About time. Congratz US.
ASIA lost?

Their servers must've had more downtime or something.
Good ideas, hopefully Blizzard will post something useful on this thread as every thread that I have made with good ideas has always been ignored and buried.
Amazing post. 100% agree on everything you put down. D2 LoD is my favorite game of all time and you're right..it's a timeless classic for so many reasons that D3 lacks at the moment. I'm still holding on to hope for this game to become not just good but something great.
So your idea of fun is making everything OP and thus making the game boring? I do agree with skill balance and crafting buffs. I also do very much agree to add in a safety thing to prevent dc deaths from HC. Hardcore community would be atleast 200% larger if they had some sort of anti dc death in the game, perhaps what you suggested makes sense.

But this "Regardless of difficulty (MP), the player should feel like a GOD, not some puny mortal stomping 3 spiders" will make the game boring. They need to fix MP levels. MP levels added was a GOOD thing. However its stupid how farming lower mp levels offers better xp/better loot per time spent and is way easier. Higher MP levels should have better Loot gained per time spent. Maybe they can balance it so that lower mp = xp farming and higher mp = better loot. There is absolutely no reason to do higher mp levels right now other than hellfire ring farming and im sure blizzard has not intended it for it to be this way.

Anyways to sum it up -

- Crafting should be buffed
- Bosses should be worth doing! Does anyone kill any bosses after getting their achievement once? Maybe azmodan but come on!
- Please add something to prevent dc death from hardcore. Like anything please please please.
- Higher MP levels should reward better loot. Significantly better. It will be more time consuming but guess what, it wasnt meant to be a hellfire ring farming feature only. It doesnt make sense that lower MP levels award better loot per time spent and better xp and being WAY easier.
- Maybe Give bosses like a chance to drop rare crafting mats which can end up crafting ilvl 64 or something.
- Jewelcrafting casting time needs to be reduced. It takes 15 mins to make a max level gem from scratch which is absurd.
Edited by smashr#1773 on 11/29/2012 11:52 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
gratz...and its good to see people wh oactaully played d2 talking about d3...doesnt happen very often on the blizz forums
amazing post that REALLY should be looked at by blizz, SOOOOO MANY of these ideas are just awesome and would REALLY make the game so much more fun. right now the game makes me want to play but it doesnt make me want to CRAVE the game.
- Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile
About time. Congratz US.
ASIA lost?

Actually, this is incorrect. Alkaizer, the World First (softcore) Paragon 100 was on European. The World First Hardcore Paragon 100 was also on European, Azimuth (playing Mage). Europe now has 6 Hardcore 100s, and a 99.

As for the Asians, Taiwan has 3 hardcore 100's, and Korea has only a 99 so far. So we did beat Korea. *grins*

The ladder can be viewed here:

http://www.diabloprogress.com

You can select the drop-down for each region under the "Characters" heading above the ladders to the upper left (which saves clicking them all to see what region each player is in.)

And if you're not in the DiabloProgress rankings yet, add yourself to see how you measure up!* =)

Galx

*You need to be level 55 to be ranked, and both softcore and hardcore characters are ranked separately.
Congrats! 275hour and get 100paragon lv and this is HC!!
Blizzard, please listen to this guy. PLEASE.
My thought about further crafting (something like reforging in WoW):

- we all know there are 4 types of gem.
- Now to make a runestone, you need 4 different gem of the same level. Star Topaz + Star Emerald + Star Amethyst + Star Ruby = All 4 gems combined will results in a star runestone.
- Depends of the level of the gem, you get different magnitude of the effect. A star runestone is better than a flawless runestone.
- The runestone will only enhance your item's stats, it will not add new properties to it.
- the runestone, when not imbune, is having unknown properties.
- An item can be imbune with 4 runestone.
- when imbune process, the runestone will turn into a colored imbuned (one of 4 colors of the gem) and that is random.
- every imbune will have effect like "+2 Str but -1 Int", "+5% att spd but -3%CHC", and so on so that it is not an always buff case, and the magnitude of effect are determine by the level of the runestone.
- you can have imbune like red-red-yellow-green, but if happen that you roll a red-yellow-green-purple or all same color (red-red-red-red), the items imbuned will remove all the negative effect of the runestones and left you with only the positive effect. (hence the -1 int, -3%CHC will be eliminated)
- you can remove the imbuned effect at any time but it will destroys all the runestones, and left only with the original item, at a cost.
I'm not sure about the player base if they think this guy has good ideas.
View profile
11/29/2012 11:51 PMPosted by smashr
So your idea of fun is making everything OP and thus making the game boring? I do agree with skill balance and crafting buffs. I also do very much agree to add in a safety thing to prevent dc deaths from HC. Hardcore community would be atleast 200% larger if they had some sort of anti dc death in the game, perhaps what you suggested makes sense.

His suggestion is the lesser of two evils. Right now its clear that one class has multiple advantages over the other four. Solving this problem is possible in one of two ways:

1. Buff the four other classes.
2. Nerf the strongest class.

Option 1 makes the game funner for everybody, including the players of the class in question. How you ask? In two different ways. Firstly, that nothing changes for them. And secondly, perhaps now they'll be interested in actually trying the other four classes out.

Option 2 is less exciting for everybody. Firstly, it pisses off almost everybody who plays the class which could result in the worst case scenario of the person actually quitting the game. Secondly, the players of the other four classes have nothing new to look forward to.
Grats on your achievement, I think all of your suggestions make perfect sense, and while I don't nearly have as much experience as you do, I definitely feel like you touched on numerous aspects of the game that would make me want to play again. I hope ppl from blizzard take note, particularly of what you said about gear and skills. I want to be heart broken over my choices because they were all so good. you put it perfectly
I love almost all of these suggestions and congratulations to paragon 100 in HC!

Would be nice to at least see some sort of recognition from Blizzard, like a "congratulations", but communicating with the community still doesn't seem to be their strong side even after promising that they'd start doing that more with information on what's coming etc.

Ah well, the blue guys may still surprise us I guess!
are you saying that barbs need buffs ? You clearly not played a WD.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]