Diablo® III

#1 Paragon in Americas and my thoughts on D3

These kind of posts show up so often...I always agree with the changes that need to be made, but I've lost hope that Blizzard will actually read these posts and do anything about them. They have their mind made up on how they want their game to be played.
11/30/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Rambam
These kind of posts show up so often...I always agree with the changes that need to be made, but I've lost hope that Blizzard will actually read these posts and do anything about them. They have their mind made up on how they want their game to be played.

Unfortunately this is so very true :(

But I do believe they are keeping a lot of stuff for an xpac (if they aren't, then D3 will be a dead game in no time).
MotherMedusa,

I got excited while reading many of the suggestions in your post- very well thought out and thank you for taking the time to post.

Blizzard should listen to this player and implement most of the suggestions he took the time to make.

I especially agree with the suggestion of added bonus upon completing a full act by tallying NV/elite packs killed. It gives incentive to do the whole act rather than short runs for efficiency.

And please fix the d/c issues. The pause feature works very well in SC 2, and should be implemented in HC D3.

PS Congrats on P 100
Edited by Speranza#1267 on 11/30/2012 9:33 AM PST
Still no blue answer.
Dissapointed are you not?
63 Goblin Shaman
You should definatly be part of blizzard team for those amazing ideas! like i read all your post and nothing in what you said unpleased me and nothing in wath you said will make the game worst thatn it is now

congrats for you paragorn lvl100 too!!
I approve of this post. Congrats to OP on US first HC 100!
I love this post 100%. Please do these things
Gratz on HC Plvl 100! Fantastic post, very intrigued with all your ideas here. It would be appreciated if a blue gave this some attention in writing. These epic ideas could really breathe new life into D3, especially the points on gear and skills, those alone would give players a morale boost and a vast amount of options in character play. I personally fantasize about these changes, i hope to see some of these in the future of D3.
congrats!

this has got to be the best suggestion thread I've seen on these D3 forums. very detailed, precise and spot on. If blizzard could even just implement half of them, D3 would be a much much better game than what it is now, let alone taking all those suggestions.

To the jelly haters in the first several posts, as far as I can tell, OP never said "world's first", he said first "in america's", and "on my server". He never edited the first post. So what the hell are you smoking?
mind = blown
+1 to you sir!
View profile
MotherMedusa point of view: If I hit lvl100 paragon and make a suggestion thread then people will take that s!#$ srsly.

Community point of view: did that guy just say he was first?

What I find funnier is the "I've played the game a lot. Therefore, I am now an expert on game design" attitude.

It reminds me of the time when StarCraft pro Zileas tried to make his own RTS, and it bombed hard.
Edited by MountainMan#1630 on 11/30/2012 11:01 AM PST
I agree with your post, but the D3 devs don't think logical... But you kids can keep enjoying playing a terrible game for it's name. I'll keep checking every month for a decent patch to be released. I haven't lost complete hope for how much I enjoyed the other Diablo games. But in all honesty i'm still waiting for the game to be actually enjoyable to play... D3 keeps my attention for roughly 5 to 10 minutes. I just see the same old crap over and over. I don't see much randomness in the game which seems to be the problem for me. Alot of areas seem the same everytime. I think the game needs a free farming mode where it just takes the stupid quests out and you can just explore lands. The quests are... ok for leveling... but I believe when we hit 60 were past the quests now... and lets move forward..
90 Undead Rogue
MotherMedusa point of view: If I hit lvl100 paragon and make a suggestion thread then people will take that s!#$ srsly.

Community point of view: did that guy just say he was first?

What I find funnier is the "I've played the game a lot. Therefore, I am now an expert on game design" attitude.

Who said they were an expert on game design? Certainly the OP didn't claim that. He is not claiming that since he hit 100 paragon he is now an expert either. He is making suggestions. Nothing more. How did making suggestions go to being an expert? Give him props for the achievement and debate his points/suggestions. But making fun of him for something he didn't say is kind of beyond the pale.
View profile
Who said they were an expert on game design? Certainly the OP didn't claim that.

He at the very least believes that being "#1 Paragon in Americas" gives him some special insight.
11/30/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Rambam

"We know what the players want. We know what they want better than they do. We are not arrogant or ignorant."

Blizzard's not the only company I've heard of doing that kind of thing lately....
You just compiled a lot of the suggestions I've posted into one comprehensive (and probably more cohesive) unit. Well done.

+1, and bump for the man. He's dropping knowledge bombs over here. Real talk.

A lot of people are too short sighted to see what you're driving at... but not me... I will be your #1 Cheerleader. I posted a thread about ladder concepts the other day. You should give it a read and see what you think.
11/30/2012 11:11 AMPosted by MountainMan
Who said they were an expert on game design? Certainly the OP didn't claim that.

He at the very least believes that being "#1 Paragon in Americas" gives him some special insight.

Obviously you don't understand how much gameplay goes into reaching Paragon Level 100. Your ignorance does not give you a pass to be a douchebag troll. GTFO.

Being Paragon 100 PERIOD (Especially on HC where you KNOW he couldn't have botted his way there) means you've spent a lot of time inside of Diablo 3. Insight comes with experience. So yes, dickwad, he does have special insight. You generation of perspective less gamers are REALLY bad for gaming communities.
Nice job on the HC100. I also agree with everything you presented. Every. Single. Thing.
Haha! Another barb hitting 100.. Blizz really needs to nerf them into the ground or buff the other classes past the barb. Not going to say grats because you're playing a barb.
Blizzard can afford to be lenient on the caring when they aren't hurting on the bankroll, hehe. ;)

Just kidding!

I love the idea about having lower legendaries be attractive even when you've outleveled them. I think this will be a huge opportunity for Blizzard itemization department to continue their creativity on creating new and nitchy affixes that only these items will have.

Another problem with legendaries is the weapons, if they can't roll a socket with crit damage/life steal, then they automatically lose. +dmg to skill is a great way to still compete and yet have a chance to be godly if a socket/crit dmg gets rolled. Won Kim Lau is a great example. Too many legendaries are just plain damage with a gimicky affix, not very useful.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]