Diablo® III

Arcane Beams :(

How do you all feel about arcane beams? personally i think there a little bit to OP. I see my barb friend rip through them like nothing, due to the armor i guess, but for monks likes me or even any class, they hurt.. Anyone here think they need a nerf? or do you think there at an okay spot right now. I dont mind them but im not a huge fan. let me know!
Reply Quote
I always found that the beams never belong in the game in the first place.
I mean, instead of giving the monsters super power like arcane magic attacks blizz decided
that the super powers would appear from the ground. I always found that concept weird and kinda of botch-up.

I mean the fire or arcane or poison should not come from the ground but from the enemies weapon right? Or like the way wizards attack from their hands or wand? Why big green spots cover the ground and then wack beams appear out of nowhere and spots of fire....
Reply Quote
I think they could use a nerf and when you have illusionist mobs that can all throw one out it gets a bit ridiculous.

You could always get some arcane resist gear...who wants to do that though right?

Also, sometimes they seem to get thrown out faster than normal and spin faster which I guess is the fast affix mobs get sometimes.

Two questions though...

If I am not able to occupy the same physical space of another mob or a waller affix, or some other created ability of this nature, then why can an arcane totem spawn inside of me? Or two of them be spawned in the same space for that matter? It doesn't relate to the rest of the physics in the game?

And if time bubble is supposed to slow enemies and their attacks, why doesn't it slow arcane totems and mortars or any number of other things that it should?

I think there are a few broken game physics and ability bugs that need to be brought to blizz's attention.
Edited by OwnerBoner#1629 on 11/28/2012 6:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Arcane damage is ok, i just want them to fix the beam + waller directly put on top of me.
Reply Quote
I always found that the beams never belong in the game in the first place.
I mean, instead of giving the monsters super power like arcane magic attacks blizz decided
that the super powers would appear from the ground. I always found that concept weird and kinda of botch-up.

I mean the fire or arcane or poison should not come from the ground but from the enemies weapon right? Or like the way wizards attack from their hands or wand? Why big green spots cover the ground and then wack beams appear out of nowhere and spots of fire....

I can't agree with you more on this. The ground instead of the enemies is the most dangerous thing in this game.

Oh, and Blizz please change the animation on desecrate or molten. When a mob has both it is nearly impossible to see the desecrate! I think they knew this and left it in there intentionally.
Edited by OwnerBoner#1629 on 11/28/2012 6:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
even though u've the same armor or even more as your Barb friend on your monk, I believe you can't stand still through arcane, unless you're able to return life as fast as they are.

BTW, there are monks able to stand still, as they can manage to return life fast enough. But just only happens on the expensive ones.
Edited by callmeEarly#1980 on 11/28/2012 7:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
I was once a monk those beams hurt. but they don't any longer
Reply Quote
View profile
Well, arcane get kind of sneaking when there's a lot of eye traffic. They appear "out of nowhere" right under you...

... and then, when you try to get away from it, you start rubberbanding back into it...
Reply Quote
Ive made a point to see how many arcane/desecrate/frozen/death bombs I can take at one time per mp lvl.For example,I know for fact that at mp 8 I can sit in/survive 2 stacked desecrates and eat one arcane beam.Know your limits.If you cant hack it,move the ufck out the way.
Reply Quote
I haven't ever died to any arcane beams in my 500+ hours play time. Seriously, it is one of the easiest affixes to deal with, just kite a bit and stop crying kid
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 07:12 PMPosted by stranger
I haven't ever died to any arcane beams in my 500+ hours play time. Seriously, it is one of the easiest affixes to deal with, just kite a bit and stop crying kid

This dude is lying.
Reply Quote
I used to be a monk like you, but then I took an arcane beam to the knee
Reply Quote
arcane + horde = HOLY SH#!@
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Omega
arcane + horde = HOLY SH#!@

Wait till you get arcane + vortex (where it vortex you into a sea of arcane beam....)

or arcane + knockback (where it somehow very intelligently knock you into a sea of arcane beam)

Really hate these...
Reply Quote
I think they could use a nerf and when you have illusionist mobs that can all throw one out it gets a bit ridiculous.

You could always get some arcane resist gear...who wants to do that though right?

Also, sometimes they seem to get thrown out faster than normal and spin faster which I guess is the fast affix mobs get sometimes.

Two questions though...

If I am not able to occupy the same physical space of another mob or a waller affix, or some other created ability of this nature, then why can an arcane totem spawn inside of me? Or two of them be spawned in the same space for that matter? It doesn't relate to the rest of the physics in the game?

And if time bubble is supposed to slow enemies and their attacks, why doesn't it slow arcane totems and mortars or any number of other things that it should?

I think there are a few broken game physics and ability bugs that need to be brought to blizz's attention.

I can answer your questions.. arcane beams aren't solid, they are energy, so they can pass through things or overlap over each other. Time bubbles slow enemies, because they are physical beings and not energy like mortars or arcane totems. You can occupy the same space as an arcane beam, because it's not solid like a stone wall is. Game physics are fine.
Reply Quote
I don't really think anything else needs nerfed.

Arcane beams used to rip me up until they dropped the damage on them. Since then, they're really no big deal. Easy enough to work around. For the monk anyway. Can't say anything about the other classes. But I really haven't had a problem with them since whichever patched changed them.
Reply Quote
arcane + molten = aid me...waiting to revive :"(
Reply Quote
Arcane beams remind be of Super Mario Brothers : World 3-4.
Long live the classics.
Reply Quote
movement speed in d3 really destroys/mitigates many elite offensive affixes, I can see why they refuse to remove cap
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]