Diablo® III

Arcane Beams :(

ya, in confined places they hit too hard...

open or semi areas and its your fault for not dodging them imo
Reply Quote
Arcane beams is one of the weakest prefix at this moment.

Just learn to move against the beam so it only ticks once instead of standing still like an dummy.
Reply Quote
It depends on what other affixes the elites have and the environment. I find arcane with frozen/jailer in a tight spot can be challenging at times if cooldowns are an issue. Being vortexed back into a nest of them can be deadly. Having said that I don't want to see them nerfed. I enjoy the challenge when it occurs.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Grimiku
I feel like arcane beams are in a good place at the moment. In my experience they don’t hurt too bad, but require me to avoid them whenever possible. I tend to only get frustrated with them when I am in a confined space, and they are coupled with Waller.

And vortex!!!!!
Reply Quote
Arcane beams should destroy walls, melt pools of poison, and break breakable objects.
Reply Quote
View profile
They need a buff.
Reply Quote
Arcane beams should have a 5% chance to spawn a legendary
Reply Quote
Another QQ and Whining thread~~ @@

Omg!!! Stop the whining and nerfing please..

Thank you..
Reply Quote
What about the reflect damage on minions, im ok aganist champion packs with RD, but for some weird reason especifically minions KILL ME.
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 06:26 PMPosted by Wintersboy
How do you all feel about arcane beams? personally i think there a little bit to OP. I see my barb friend rip through them like nothing, due to the armor i guess, but for monks likes me or even any class, they hurt.. Anyone here think they need a nerf? or do you think there at an okay spot right now. I dont mind them but im not a huge fan. let me know!

As with anything that 'hurt', drop down to an MP level where it does not hurt and if needed, go back to a previous Act. Simple
Reply Quote
well it's the one prefix that got into beta and redifined.. it would have been awsome if it made it to release with the rapid fire arcane hydra that kill you dead
Reply Quote
Well at mp6 if i get walled in and my serenity wears off, it's sometimes bye-bye time. It's really the only affix that kills me. All the rest i can keep my hp somehow above death. But they do make it interesting. Them with the illusionist just makes it a free for all
Reply Quote

Why would I lie about this? I die often only to RD minions and molten because even if you can kite good sometimes you can't react fast. And at times plagued or desecrator (if my attack gets interrupted) because I don't kite most of the time trusting my LoH. However an arcane beam takes like three second to spawn, and also like 1 more second before it spreads as a beam causing damage. (If it is with vortex then I cast serenity and move around). So I have like 4-5 seconds of reaction time. If you cant act in 5 seconds of reaction time then sorry but your gaming skill sucks huge.

Sorry that I call you a liar. I forgot that I don't die to arcane as a monk too, just that it seems fun for me when I need to do more to avoid death as other classes.

Maybe for a monk its not fun since they won't be killed by arcane? Nerf arcane, or nerf monk skills more, since only monk can have 0 deaths from arcane for 500+ hrs of play time.

In case you want to bash me on my characters, I have 2 level 60 monks with feasible gears.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/29/2012 06:26 PMPosted by Jejeba86
I feel like arcane beams are in a good place at the moment. In my experience they don’t hurt too bad, but require me to avoid them whenever possible. I tend to only get frustrated with them when I am in a confined space, and they are coupled with Waller.

And vortex!!!!!

Walk around a corner and suddenly vortex is a free affix.
Reply Quote
sometimes I die when I fall asleep while farming
Reply Quote
Arcane sentry is only OP based on the situation. If you're in a wide open field, or if you have lots of cleared area behind you to keep retreating into then its no problem. If you are in a small room like you see in the Keep Underground, it becomes a lot more effective and actually a bit ridiculous.
Reply Quote
its a good challenge, and a pleasant surprise, someone mentioned:
desecrate, illusionist, arcane, chains = awesome!

What do some want just facerolling while farming? back in teh day games were supposed to be challenging and have variations that constantly made you think strategic options but now days kids just want to be numb.

I like em.
Reply Quote
I really don't know what the big deal is any more. Once I figured out how to combat it with the DH, heck, I rarely even get out of their way, as long as I'm on top of things. Gets too heated, I vault away and continue killing.

I think that some of you just need to revisit how your built up. My DH has been called "tanky". Not sure what the profile will show you right now, but I did upgrade the crossbow today, so stats are a tad different, yet I can still take a pounding, the only difference is I upped the damage about 15k and dropped 10k of health. 75k DPS/50K of H
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Hak
movement speed in d3 really destroys/mitigates many elite offensive affixes, I can see why they refuse to remove cap

I cant agree. My barb has 24% move speed. When he is in WoTB and sprinting that bonus becomes 104%, and he moves so fast precise control becomes extremely difficult. I often find myself running directly into area damage without meaning to.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]