Diablo® III

Arcane Beams :(

11/28/2012 07:19 PMPosted by OwnerBoner
I haven't ever died to any arcane beams in my 500+ hours play time. Seriously, it is one of the easiest affixes to deal with, just kite a bit and stop crying kid

This dude is lying.

Not necessarily, he has a monk, which has the strongest arcane defense in the game. (Non-WW) Barbs on the other hand have one of the hardest times with arcane though.
Reply Quote
Arcane is fine, it's reflect damage that needs removing.

Arcane shouldn't kill you in an open area, and if combined with another monster affix then them's the breaks. But reflect damage is just completely against the spirit of Diablo.
Reply Quote

Arcane shouldn't kill you in an open area, and if combined with another monster affix then them's the breaks. But reflect damage is just completely against the spirit of Diablo.

Not really. Iron Maiden had melee dropping instantly in D2. It took them years to remove it.
Reply Quote

Not really. Iron Maiden had melee dropping instantly in D2. It took them years to remove it.

Sounds like it is completely against the spirit of Diablo.
Reply Quote
Beams are nothing. run around them, if you cant jump over them or use whatever traveling skill your class has to avoid them.

The big annoyance for me is fast+frozen.

They spit out like 20 effin freeze balls a second all throughout the stage and your already in the middle of an epic battle with all kinds of effects going off here and there...pretty hard to see em most times and when thier going off one after the other you get perma frozen.

Meh I think pretty much everything except for molten is ok in the game, molten is just way overpowered and the area of effect isnt completely visible, you still get its effect outside of the lava trail when your around it.

But..haha lets talk about the greatest cheapest friggin thing to kill you in the game. I literally watch ppl drop like flies to this one specific thing in the game.

Firewall. With 800+ all res firewall literally kills me in 1.5 seconds and worse for some others...why is this particular trap in the barracks ext so storng lol?
Res someone..opps they accepted at the wrong time firewall back up, player insta gibbed..again.
Hahaha.
Reply Quote
You can stand in beams, poison, fire and out heal the damage if you are geared enough. To me, i think the cc stun from frozen is more annoying =/
Reply Quote
Archon form should be immune to arcane damage. I mean in Archon form you are literally pure arcane energy right?
Edited by kilo#1474 on 11/30/2012 3:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 03:09 AMPosted by kilo
Archon form should be immune to arcane damage. I mean in Archon form you are literally pure arcane energy right?

Better yet it should enhance archon form even further cause more fuel for the fire!!
Reply Quote
View profile
Looking at the topic title, I thought why someone necro'd an old thread, but it was only posted yesterday.
Reply Quote
I HATE ARCANE!!!!!! whenever me and my friend play online we always groan and start swearing, because its almost always a guaranteed death.
Reply Quote
I don't believe anything is OP'd except you who can't feel a thing through arcane beams.
If you are at a level where things don't hurt, I think you've surpassed that level and should move on to higher level.
If you were taking hardly any damage in MP0, then try MP5 and tell me how it feels.
Reply Quote
I don't believe anything is OP'd except you who can't feel a thing through arcane beams.
If you are at a level where things don't hurt, I think you've surpassed that level and should move on to higher level.
If you were taking hardly any damage in MP0, then try MP5 and tell me how it feels.

Mp 0= one laser out of the beam

Mp 5= 2 lasers out of one ball

Mp 10= 3 laser beams proturding out of each ball on ground.

Yeah i said it, let it be done!
Reply Quote
arcane beams are not too bad until you get vortex,jailed,walled into them... then they hurt
Reply Quote
IS all some people want to do is nerf the diffuculty even further? i mean the game is already easy, why you want the game to be easier?
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 03:32 AMPosted by Gunghoe
IS all some people want to do is nerf the diffuculty even further? i mean the game is already easy, why you want the game to be easier?

6 twirling laser beams per ball for this guy.
Reply Quote
Arcane beams are fine. To avood the each class has atleast 1 skill sometimes more.

Barb = leap
Demonhunter = vault
Monk = serenity
Wizard = teleport

And unfortunately i cant remember the name of the witch doctor ability where he turns transparent but thats the witch doctors ability anyways. So if the annoy you then use a defensive skill which i just listed. Will stop you from dying to the first 1 or 2 beams anyways, and if you re unlucky enough to meet a third 1 try running around it...
Reply Quote
Both arcane and reflect doesn't need nerfs or removal.

But I do really think that people's brains need a buff, They don't seem to function nowadays.
Reply Quote
View profile
WD can Spirit Walk
Reply Quote
Both arcane and reflect doesn't need nerfs or removal.

But I do really think that people's brains need a buff, They don't seem to function nowadays.

Nope dont think either need a change. I do think reflect should be some sort of visual symbol above that monster types head though instead of me having to search out the different mods each elite/champ has by hovering over them before I fly in with zombie bears.

Dont need to change the effect, just make it easier for me to recognize that I have to perform different tactics for this particular group of enemies.

I have the "killit" syndrome..I see an elite/champ I run in bears running to tear them asunder, specially when your doing runs over and over, sometimes you just forget to search out the mods first cause youve been killing thousands of demons, all your thinking is, oooh maybe sweet loots time!! KILLLIT!!!
Edited by McLadin#1304 on 11/30/2012 3:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Arcane beams are fun, lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KycgVsd3Alw
(1:00 onwards.)
Edited by TheNoseKnows#1451 on 11/30/2012 4:01 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]