Diablo® III

i finely bought the knife of my dreams

View profile
it cost me 129 i saved up for 12 days of long grulling farming butcher sic droped sold for 180 got 150 with tax 11k more damige woot woot now save up for a better pox ring grrr.
Reply Quote
Or you could go for the belt of your dream. O.o
Reply Quote
Finally. Good for you. Is that the Manajuma's in your profile? Solid, brother. VERY SOLID. Wish I had one.
Reply Quote
congratz.

but don't get crit pox next. get witching hour, you will get much more bang for ur buck.
Reply Quote
View profile
A good 5% crit Pox with 150 int will cost double or triple your knife.

Go for witching hour next.
Reply Quote
I don't know WHY people are spending 100+ mils on manajuma's still, when butchers are plain better because of black dmg stacking with our boots + tals ammy dmg.

I got a 975 socketed butchers with int for 30mil and it does more dmg than anything remotely close via manajumas.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 07:49 AMPosted by Toology
I got a 975 socketed butchers with int for 30mil and it does more dmg than anything remotely close via manajumas.

i would guess mainly for the extra int and bonus int with chicken.

but i would go with buchers+totd as well.
Reply Quote
I don't know WHY people are spending 100+ mils on manajuma's still, when butchers are plain better because of black dmg stacking with our boots + tals ammy dmg.

I can't find anything like yours on the AH for anything close to 30m...

I'm currently starting to save up for a new weapon with a socket. Seems so far away. Haha.
Reply Quote

I can't find anything like yours on the AH for anything close to 30m...

I'm currently starting to save up for a new weapon with a socket. Seems so far away. Haha.

it's probably worth around 50mil, if you ignore anything with a BIN price and just watch bids, you will save millions, especially if it happens to end late at night.
Reply Quote
there is a 970dps 129int one on AH right now @ 25mil with less than a day left. Watch that one, I bet it sells between 30-50m... may seem like a lot, but it sure beats spending 100+ on a manajumas. The black dmg is such a bonus when you have +12% dmg between boots and tals ammy.
Edited by Toology#1713 on 11/29/2012 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Toology
there is a 970dps 129int one on AH right now @ 25mil with less than a day left. Watch that one, I bet it sells between 30-50m... may seem like a lot, but it sure beats spending 100+ on a manajumas. The black dmg is such a bonus when you have +12% dmg between boots and tals ammy.

Ah, if only I had the gold on me right now I'd definitely try to snag that up.
Reply Quote
Is there life steal and base crit dmg on those black weapons in addition to intell? that's the reason i went with a manaj. someone prove me wrong please...
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 10:36 AMPosted by BrusKi
Is there life steal and base crit dmg on those black weapons in addition to intell? that's the reason i went with a manaj. someone prove me wrong please...

butcher's sickle comes with LS. You want your rare rolls to be socket+int.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-butchers-sickle
Reply Quote

I completely forgot about butcher's. I definitely agree mana's are way overpriced. I really don't care for the set bonus on mana's and would rather get a serpent or string of skulls instead for higher MP.
Edited by phoking#1554 on 11/29/2012 11:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have to admit I keep forgetting about Butcher's but I am happy with my Manajuma purchase. 80mil even.

I like higher LS, better CD and CK has some black damage.
Reply Quote
Manajuma's can roll way higher Crit Damage, too.

+180 INT
+90% crit damage
+socket

vs.

+120 INT
+50% crit damge
+socket

I like the Butcher Sickle, and when I was getting my weapon, if I could have found one for less than 50M I would have gone that route. However, neither a Manajuma's nor Sickle were anywhere near my price range, so I got my weapon way, way, way cheaper.

That is going to be my next upgrade, though, is a life-steal weapon. This way I can start replacing some of my LoH gear with better pure-dps gear. But no way am I going without any sort of life regen. Too important to loose.
Reply Quote
View profile

I would say part of it is due to the fact that Sickle is capped at 55% base crit and 2.7% LS. Although having the black dmg is nice, the +170-200 int, 66-100 base crit, 2.8-3 LS tends to outweigh the black damage factor. That's an extra 45% crit dmg potential, .3% LS and guarenteed high int. If I were to switch over to your sickle (a pretty well rolled one), it would be a 6k dps drop.

But if you do not have the 100 mil to spend on a knife, spending 30 mil on a good rolled sickle is definitely close behind it along with a decent rolled EF that can get 1200 dps, LS, 160 int, and high base crit for a low cost.
Edited by ofgortens#1113 on 11/29/2012 11:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
Finely, lol.
Reply Quote
1st of all congrats on the nice gear.

I just started playing WD about a week ago. So far its my 2nd favorite class.

Have you ever tested out a 2H build with a Life Steal Skorn versus your Manajuma's Carving Knife? If so, how does the game play style differ?

If no… anyone else have any insight to this?

I plan on picking up a Manajuma's Carving Knife sometime in the future… looking at some of the price tags… its going to be awhile hah.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]