Diablo® III

Most Important PVP stats

USD and Block %
Reply Quote
All defensive abilities: armor, AR, dodge, block, melee & range dmg reduction. That and life regen. As for barbs it's not WoTB that's going to be op. they have fury generating abilities and ways to get in close. Not to mention spears and throws as well as vit stacking will get life regen from abilities and passives along with passives that reduce cc time and can heal 15% every time they get cc.
Reply Quote
It will be defensive and damage mitigation stats.

Just look at diabloprogress to see how many glass cannons who have high heroscores but lousy PVP dummy scores.

If you ain't shooting, your dps is zero. Those glass cannons will be the next cry babies.
Edited by Sephiroth#6628 on 11/29/2012 8:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
For monks - LPSS, spirit gen, CC reduction obv, Loh will go back into vogue over LS... and amythests are going to skyrocket when everyone realizes they need like 3k vit
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#fdYZPR!fcT!bZaZZY

Just theory crafting for pvp as a barb I might use a build like that and stack defense, vit, life %, life regen and crit for into the fray.

Maybe swap out HoA for war cry - invigorate
Edited by Mavrik#1464 on 11/29/2012 11:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
WOTB wins vs anything.

Insta release out of CC, forever immune to CC, monster damage and speed increase.
PVP is going to be so unbalanced towards the Barb.

2nd Best will be Monk or DH

WD will be useless

WOTB will be useless. Lasts only 15-20 sec, 2 min cooldown, match is 10 min long. Also there are only 4 targets to hit that wont just stand there mindlesly while you twirl around.
Reply Quote
WOTB maybe strong, but I don't think any player is dumb enough to fight a barb head on when he's in WOTB.

If every single hit is OHKO, then demon hunter, hands down will be the best.

How to protect against fast shooting homing projectiles that isn't restricted by cost or gear.
If you think of cc the DH before you get killed, you're dead. They have smokescreen that break all CC, vault that cover distance and break any immobilize cc. And they have fast firing sentries to kill you.

You win if you can catch and lock your enemy. That's the hard and fast rule of PvP.
You can't outrun DH, you can't chase her, you can't lock her, you can't out damage her.

I see monk maybe have a chance, to have either block/dodge her primary skill and have serenity to block her burst dmg skill. Then again, you must try to catch her, with TR/Cyclone/FoT??
Reply Quote
WoTB will only be useful for breaking cc and increasing dmg and speed of throw, throw will have a 50% chance to stun and if its followed by a spear you can close the gap. not that a throw barb would need to close a gap but spear does generate fury and can do decent damage. Closing the gap would open up the opportunity to add more stuns. Not sure if movement speed reduction will count as cc. But if a barb stacks vit and life regen along with 2% total life regen passive he should be fine.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 11:16 PMPosted by Mavrik
WoTB will only be useful for breaking cc and increasing dmg and speed of throw, throw will have a 50% chance to stun and if its followed by a spear you can close the gap. not that a throw barb would need to close a gap but spear does generate fury and can do decent damage. Closing the gap would open up the opportunity to add more stuns. Not sure if movement speed reduction will count as cc. But if a barb stacks vit and life regen along with 2% total life regen passive he should be fine.

Throwing barb seems fun, any build for weapon fury with shield?

Sorry to OP for off topic question.
Reply Quote
legacy natalya's armor set + smoke screen = GG
attacking while Invisible (untargetable) and invincible.
WOTB aint got nothing on that OP combo.
Reply Quote
View profile
WOTB wont be as viable as some think. it only lasts 15 secs.
Reply Quote
Well, i was going to say movement speed but blizzard capped it. movement speed was the best in d2 before i stopped playing that. When you run faster than guided arrows you win.

Pick up SS, Justice Lantern and other %tododge items. It should be nice to not get hit.
Reply Quote
For !@#$s and giggles, I am going to PvP with my WD Angry Chicken.

Nothing is going to make people rage hard when they get killed by an exploding chicken.
Reply Quote
USD <-- as someone already said it made me LOL
movement speed
life on hit
physical resist
fire resist
dodge/dex
life regen
attack speed
vit/life %
Reply Quote
View profile
Barbarian is going to probably be the best class hands down since they stack Vitality so much.
Ranged CC sucks pretty bad and most ranged classes are fairly fragile.
Dodge on the Monk might be good enough to keep up with barb.

Barb + Monk teams are going to dominate.

Have you seen thunder ball DH's and CM wizards? Ranged classes aren't as fragile as you think when built right, and they get the benefit of being able to attack from range.
Reply Quote
what is USD?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]