Diablo® III

Most Important PVP stats

life regen, vitality, and maybe cc reduction. Tanks are going to have a big advantage over dps builds imo.
Reply Quote
legacy natalya's armor set + smoke screen = GG
attacking while Invisible (untargetable) and invincible.
WOTB aint got nothing on that OP combo.

This. DH will be the OP class IMO. Pvp will have dmg mitigation, if not, it will all be for waste.
Reply Quote
CC reduction and dex for non-dex classes. Not that dex wasn't good before PVP, but nobody really stacks it. Imaginea decked out barb with 30%+ dodge. Damn
Reply Quote
legacy natalya's armor set + smoke screen = GG
attacking while Invisible (untargetable) and invincible.
WOTB aint got nothing on that OP combo.

This. DH will be the OP class IMO. Pvp will have dmg mitigation, if not, it will all be for waste.

Ranged attacks will likely have a big dmg nerf in pvp or they will be far too op.
Reply Quote
Didn't read through everything, but everyone should also remember that there's a good chance damage will be heavily reduced for pvp.

It was 1/6th in D2, and the damage:health ratio is even worse in this game. I would expect at least a 95% reduction in damage or more.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/29/2012 05:27 PMPosted by Cannabidiol
How are they gonna handle fury in pvp? If the barb starts out the duel with 0 fury he's pretty screwed to be honest.

in WoW, warrior start combat with 0 rage (fury). play around it.

11/29/2012 06:01 PMPosted by ezmacbowl
USD is probably the best stats hands down...

best comment ever
Reply Quote
Lot's of dummies here think that blizz won't dampen damage one way or the other..
Reply Quote
View profile
11/30/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Violentine
what is USD?

lol
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Helixio
Wotb, rend to earthquake game over.

As a Wiz, I'll just teleport away and avoid you for 15 seconds...
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 07:57 PMPosted by Chromus
In the NFL it's the defense that wins games.

just ask da' bears
Reply Quote
For the most part, skills that are useful in PVE will be important in PVP. Melee classes may use shields with high block chance for survival.

Mostly, I think skill selection will be far more important. Any skills that reduce CC cooldowns, or reduce your susceptibility to enemy CC.

Random runes will find their place. I'm thinking ones like Teleport - Reversal. It's terrible in PVE but has a lot of potential in PVP. It will allow you to teleport every 8 seconds. It will be great against melee classes since you teleport, they chase you, cast again and you're back in your original position.
Edited by DJense#1974 on 11/30/2012 1:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
Random runes will find their place. I'm thinking ones like Teleport - Reversal. It's terrible in PVE but has a lot of potential in PVP. It will allow you to teleport every 8 seconds. It will be great against melee classes since you teleport, they chase you, cast again and you're back in your original position.

the oculus tele cd reduction might be very useful stat too.

another idea for wizard runes combination is mirror duplicates x5 + force teleport wave and the confused enemies will pop around all over the arena too. and arcane mines, twister whirlwinds, hydras and blizzard all over the place and the enemies has nowhere to go.

yes the randoom runes... arcane orbit can potentially become good in pvp against melee. sadly those things will always have a hard time in pve :(

loh + life regen may be a great help. maybe other players wont drop many globes.

sadly those crowd controls on hit effects does not sound very powerful even in pvp
Reply Quote
There are still enough people playing to make Blizzard interested in patching further? I figured they'd drop the game long before a PVP patch is released.
Reply Quote
movement speed
Reply Quote
what is USD?
Reply Quote
life regeneration since it will have full benefit w/o the inferno nerf to it.
Reply Quote
I'm gonna work on building my monk to have over 100K HP, over 1000 all resist, over 9000 defense, over 4000 life regeneration, and pretty much avoid increasing my damage to try to get these stats. Mantra of Retribution with Retaliation rune will be my main skill to have.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Violentine
what is USD?

Ultimate Submersion diver....its the best build for PvP...you tube it OP
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]