Diablo® III

City of Heroes - Farewell

Today the City of Heroes servers are shutting down... for good.

I'm a comics fan. Ever since I remember I read super hero comics (not as in super fanatic, but I sure loved it). I've got tons of -rubbish- drawings of Batman, Spawn, Captain America, Hulk and many others.

When a good friend of mine told me about this new game called City of Heroes I immediatly applied to beta test. I had to. The idea of creating my own heroes and develop their background and costumes was simply breathtaking.

Beta came out and I fell in love with the damned thing. Never, in a zillion years, I would've thought of a game with so many awesome features. Talk about character costumization! I could literally make a unique costume and never find a player with something even remotely similar.

Many heroes I've created. False Fiction, an illusionist with kinetics power. Four Winds, a Defender of Earth capable of controlling the winds and water. And so many others.

The community, gosh it's amazing. Sure, you'd find some a55holes in there like in every other MMO. But the big majority was so awesome and amazingly creative. I can't even describe it. Every Task Force (group missions) felt like a true hero scene, fighting for a greater good.

Despite the many attempts to keep the game alive, today the servers will shut down for good.

Even though I haven't played much for the past year, it always felt conforting to me knowing that I could just login and enjoy that awesome game again. Now it's over and I'm actually sad about it.

There be rumours about a big company wanting to buy Paragon Studios and release some sort of City of Heroes 2. I want that so badly, but I find it hard to believe.

I apologize for this post. Just felt like saying a public goodbye to my favorite game ever.
Reply Quote
Was a fun game for the few months I played it. It was just far to limiting to make it a long term MMO for me. Games with character depth like AO I still go back to years later. CoH I had fun for my 3 month buy in and was done with it, did the CoV for it's 3 months then never once thought there was something to go back for. Versatility in costume is cool an all, but the characters themselves were so cookie-cutter and generic that it quickly ran out of options.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]